Official Animal Kingdom Game
  • 672 posts
  • Page 3 of 45
Rockbert wrote:
In response to the person who JUST sent me a PM is Yes.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Ryomyr wrote:
Rockbert
I believe they do. I will not respond to anymore going forward until 18:00. Are you referring to the "The winner is the last animal standing" part?

Yes. The part that threw me was the addition of "their respective group."

I am good now.

Rockbert wrote:
oh yeah, that's interesting.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
2ofclubs wrote:
Hippo said scales. hmm. Maybe he should water down the Kessler.
WRKD4IT
Rockbert wrote:
haha. whose scales are we talking about here? hmmm.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
ThickTalon wrote:
3 factions (12), 2 neutral

Wonder if there are any cross pollinators in the factions? Snake (water, land, not a cat) Crocodile (water, land, not warm blooded), bat (air, land, not avian)

Tennesseelogman wrote:
someone has proposed in PM that all animals come forth and id themselves - i am all for that
if we are to do it here in the forum - we need commitments from 9-12 players to do so. at that point we would all announce our animal group and then leave it up to PM for each group to contact each other and organize. this is plan A. this is the best plan but some may be hesitant - so therefore

Plan B
if we get 8 or less to commit to this plan - then those eight (or less) will PM to 3 players what our animal group is and those 3 players will inform all players in that group of the like claims.
by sending info to 3 different players = we will be able to get the information out and no 1 player (except me) will be targeted by the poachers. i will pick the 3 players to PM if that's ok - i will not be 1 of them.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
abs - am i correct that there will be 1 animal group winner OR the poachers will win
and if an animal group wins = all members of that group also win regardless if they are alive or not (just like a regular mafia game)?
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
interesting. good points Thick. I think those of us who are animals obviously have to be concerned most with the poachers at this point. They no doubt each have a kill ability. Which animals do though?

I imagine at least one out of each group? I have some thoughts here but imagine Abs did a good job of mixing it up so these probably are not very accurate. Maybe able to generate some discussion though.

1. Lion (land) - Killer?
2. Tiger (land) - spy maybe? due to camouflage ability with the stripes?
3. Cheetah (Land) - maybe a save ability
4. Snake (Land) - something to do with deception, or confusing another player maybe.

5. Shark (water) - maybe a detect ability because they can smell blood from a mile away in the water?
6. Crocodile (water) - spy of some sort with their ability to hide in shallow water
7. Hippo (water) - could be the killer, they kill more people than any other animal in Africa
8. Killer Whale (water) - killer but is that too on the nose? not sure about them aside from their sonar ability, so maybe a detection as well.

9. Eagle (Air) - probably the killer
10. Vulcher (Air) - not sure on this one, a scavenger, maybe steals abilities?
11. Condor (Air) - No idea what this one would be. Maybe a savior of sorts?
12. Bat (Air) - maybe something to do with detection of some sort.

13. Poacher
14. Poacher - both kill, not sure what other abilities they have but I imagine they are the only two who know each other?

I will say something the Elephant Man did not say, "I am an animal, not a man!" haha.

All animals, we need to work together to get the poachers gone. Once they're gone we can kill each other, but if we don't get them out they will pick us off quickly. After all, they have rifles and opposable thumbs. 

I like Tennessee's idea. I would be on board if we can get enough people to commit as well.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
KC321 wrote:
I don't like Plan A TLM. It ALWAYS backfires when we share roles.
Madagascarter wrote:
Well, I’m going to go out there first and claim I’m a cheater. I have hacked into your accounts and checked all of your role PMs. My ability is that when you are about to use an action I can log on just before the deadline and cancel it. Despite knowing all of your roles I will not reveal because that would be boring.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Tennesseelogman wrote:

It ALWAYS backfires when we share roles.
actually - it rarely backfires when done correctly. it is the absolute worse thing that can happen to mafia.
the main problem is that players do not know who to trust w that much info and power. remember the game hood did when somebody came back to life as a known good guy - everyone agreed to send him their roles and let him coordinate the attack on mafia. Hood had to change the rules to give mafia a chance after that. i am not suggesting you give me that ability (although i know i would be the best one to have it - since i am the only known animal to me) - i am suggesting we give that ability to all players (plan A) or to 3 other players (plan b). either plan should bring the poachers to an early end. i do not know how it would affect the rest of the game. the groups w a hold out (player not revealing their group) might have the advantage or might be at a disadvantage.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
if plan A is to work = we need commitments from 7 others by 16:00 server time. that gives us each 2 hrs to post our groups once we see who else is in on it

also i modified the prior post because my capital b came out as plan B
Live long and prosper