Game thread
  • 359 posts
  • Page 14 of 24
elysium5 wrote:
Time to hear from the new boy, hooboy.

Based on voting and Mada's immediate assimilation, I believe hooboy is The Borg.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
MacEohaid wrote:
jkl3699
Dream, Pyg, and Mac: why have you guys not voted?

Sorry, had a bad day with the RV and the supports not coming down and a bunch of other junk to deal with. I was totally ready to lynch Mada as he made no sense in his messages and was very quick to start lynching with no reason. But he was once a Vulcan, so not sure what day his alliances changed or exactly when he was assimilated.
MacEohaid wrote:
elysium5

Based on voting and Mada's immediate assimilation, I believe hooboy is The Borg.

Agreed!
Rockbert wrote:
elysium5

Concur.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
MacEohaid wrote:
ThickTalon
Thanks for letting me play Tenn. 

I had to say it:
14 words left. ha ha.
Rockbert wrote:
Tennesseelogman
vote results are
mada - 8 - ely, rc, blue, ryo, kc, notor, jkl, abs
abs - 2 - mada, hooboy
jkl - 1 - rock
did not vote -4 - dream, pyg, mac
dead = can not vote - 2 - 2oc, thick

after application of abilities = mada was lynched

Tennesseelogman said: to mada
05 Sep 2022, 22:00
You have been assimilated by the Borg.
You started the game as Vulcan but were immediately assimilated by the Borg queen.
Your designation is Four of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix Zero-One. You now have a Borg interlink node that allows you to communicate with the other Borg on the Starship Enterprise that you have managed to board. Several members of your borg sub-group were blown out into space when the cargo bay was decompressed. To aid you in the take over of the ship, you are able to acquire 2 abilities/items from the same set of 4 as before but the 2 must be different.
your win condition is to kill or assimilate all non-borg.

mada - you were put into a space suit, put into an airlock and, jettisoned into space - - you will have enough battery to last until the end of the game and just enough oxygen to breath and make your 20 word statements.

mada picked the force field and a phaser as his abilities

more news - thick was found dead with a bloody Bat'leth beside him - autopsy showed he had died on day 2
thick - your spirit will remain on the ship floating around trying to communicate with the living by way of 20 word statements.

Tennesseelogman said: to thick
Your faction is Starfleet and your species is Human
Your win condition is to eliminate all players who are not in your faction
thick picked telepathy as his ability

it is now day 4

Okay, so I hadn't read this as closely as I thought apparently. So this implies that Mada was Starfleet before being assimilated and assimilated by the Borg Queen. I didn't see that before. The Borg Queen has special powers no doubt, more than any of her Borg minions, (of which we do not know who many there are). Mada did not kill Clubs, of that I am sure, he did not have the take over the ship ability so he could not have had the extra votes to lynch Clubs. Which means that someone has a cloaking device of some kind and can shield their lynch votes. is it the Borg Queen or is it someone else? Mada turns out was unlucky, he was Starfleet and then assimilated so he was lynched as a Borg, which is good because that's one less Borg, but we need to figure out who can lynch without detection. We need to find the Borg Queen.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
MacEohaid wrote:

What do you mean you are sure Mada did not kill Clubs? What makes you so sure? TLM said his ability was a phaser:
He could have used a phaser shot to kill Clubs.
Quote: B - a phaser - the phaser has enough energy for 1 shot set to kill or 3 shots set on stun. The kill shot will kill the target unless shielded
MacEohaid wrote:
Tennesseelogman
CORRECTION
i made a mistake - blue voted for hooboy not 2oc. it changes the tally but not the results.

vote results are
mada - 5 - thick, abs. ely, 2oc, rc
2oc - 1 - mada
rock - 2 - jkl, hooboy
hooboy - 1 - blue
did not vote - 7 - dream, ryo, pyg, kc, mac, notor, rock

after application of abilities = 2oc died

let me know if i missed another one

What are you talking about Rockbert? Clubs did not die by lynching but by application of abilities. More than likely Mada
Rockbert wrote:
Tennesseelogman
i was not trying to mislead - just another oversight on my part - i will try to use this format each day

vote results are
mada - 5 - thick, abs. ely, 2oc, rc
2oc - 1 - mada
rock - 2 - jkl, hooboy
hooboy - 1 - blue
did not vote - 7 - dream, ryo, pyg, kc, mac, notor, rock

after application of abilities = 2oc was lynched

Tennesseelogman said: to 2oc
Your faction is Starfleet and your species is Vorta
Your win condition is to eliminate all players who are not in your faction

2oc picked the force field as his ability

Mac, you're looking at the post before this one. This is the latest update to that correction.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert wrote:
You were referring to Post 152, I am referring to post 162
- Thomas Mann
ThickTalon wrote:
I . KNOW. WHO. THE . BORG. QUEEN. IS. SHE. IS. A. MASTER. MANIPULATOR. WELL. DONE. GOOD. LUCK. STARFLEET. YOU. WILL. NEED........
Rockbert wrote:
ThickTalon
I . KNOW. WHO. THE . BORG. QUEEN. IS. SHE. IS. A. MASTER. MANIPULATOR. WELL. DONE. GOOD. LUCK. STARFLEET. YOU. WILL. NEED........

that narrows the list down in my book.
- Thomas Mann