Game Thread
  • 1174 posts
  • Page 3 of 79
Rockbert wrote:
I believe Mada is asleep now but expect we will have all questions answered in the morning, wherever and whenever his morning is. :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Madagascarter wrote:
Tennesseelogman
Madagascarter wrote:  Posted: 1 minute ago 
Post #19
3. The Slave still has freedom of who to vote for, how to spend money (but can't buy a slave as a slave) and freedom of chat.
so nobody becomes a slave by choice. if you are forced into slavery, the only consequence it not being able to buy other slaves. so you can only spend your coins on votes? is there anything else to buy?

Maybe I’ll make it more clear. A Slave master will choose an the targets of a the slaves Winter and Summer Actions. I’ll update the front page

I believe we still vote in the open don't we?

You will vote in the open forums but the weight of the vote is decided in private. That is a great question, one I hadn’t really thought of, I’ll. add it to the front page. The splitting vote thing, I just didn’t think anyone would actually want to split their vote… but I guess it would be easily possible if you use 1 post to say #Lynch player A and Lynch player B. However, there is usually a lot of flip flopping and players usually forget to unlynch so I take the final post that you Lynch players on. If you don’t tell me the weight of the votes, I will assume you are splitting it as evenly as possible within your coin budget with preference to the the first player you lynched. For example if you have 6 coins and voted A & B, 2 votes would go on A and one on B. If you had 12 coins, 3 votes would go on both.

So what is the difference between a slave and a stalker? You can buy both correct?

A slave is alive. A stalker is a reanimated robot style machine built from a dead body. When you die (under most circumstances you’ll become a Stalker and someone can buy you.

Similarities - Both players can be owned by player and you won’t be able to choose who you use a Winter (or Summer) action on. Both Slaves and Stalkers can be freed by various methods. When freed both a Slave and a Stalker can target any players of their choice

Differences - Stalkers gain new abilities as shown on the front post but are unable to gain coins. Slaves keep the same abilities they had, but they can still buy things with their coins (Summer chat rooms, Stalkers, Votes Assassination attempts).

Hopefully that answers your questions

winter = night phase I am taking it.

Yes, Winter is night, Summer is day
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Abs wrote:
Wow Mada, you have outdone yourself here! What an amazingly detailed game that I have absolutely no idea how I will get my head around but super cool.

Question…

I’m not sure if you posted this but are any players starting as Stalkers or is everyone alive and only When they die do they become a stalker? And once brought back as a stalker, do the players get to bid on who owns the stalker once being brought back to life?

Hoodlum wrote:
lots to read. haven't started reading anything yet. not even my role. reading makes me sleepy, and my work week just started.
this might take me a few days to read. i hope it starts in a few days. lol
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Rockbert wrote:
it's already started, haha
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
periwinkle wrote:
So....this slave thing.  Do we know what abilities it has before we place a bid? I assume private bidding will happen instead of open bidding?
periwinkle is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
hmm. kinda caught up. it's very cool. gonna watch the movie now..looks dope.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Madagascarter wrote:
Private Bidding so bid in PMs, we don’t know the slaves abilities as it’ll be individual to each person. :)

No-one starts as a generic Stalker but there may be characters that are Stalkers. A player will become a Stalker when they die, and will/might be sold to the highest bidder.

The game is based on the 3rd book in the series so you might be able to recognise some of the characters (& guess others) from the film but not their full motivations. I guess it’ll be a good History lesson
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Tennesseelogman wrote:
it would be great to hear from everyone just to let us know that you are following the game. since no lynch seems to be not the best option in this game as no lynch and ties are are part of the win clause for some = a silent player runs the highest risk of getting lynched. of course that may be part of the win clause for some. then there is hood who may want to die so that he can come back as a stalker and rule the underworld.
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
Very complex and cool Mada. Lots to think about
- Thomas Mann