Game Thread
  • 1174 posts
  • Page 78 of 79
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i think hood was shot my ely who had one shot to use for the whole game and he had to kill courtney. i told him early on that hood was courtney. but he wanted to make sure. that is what turned me against ely. he agreed to shoot hood and at a certain time and did not - at least that's how i saw it - maybe he placed the shot but it did not go thru until the following phase and so was reported 2 phases later - just after i got killed. a ely was off-line to explain.
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
I was instrumental in getting Clubs and Pdorward/Notoriouspat killed, I would have had Kramer too but the lynch went for my stalker, Ryo which left me vulnerable and as I predicted, I died the following night. My plan was to sell stalkers to green storm, but I also needed coin so had to sell to Ely when he offered 10 coins for one. I'd actually thought of keeping two stalkers for myself and sending them on sprees to kill traction but I tried to do that too late.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
2ofclubs wrote:
Gg all.
I copied Ryo and got her abilities but didn't have the chance to use them.
I was freed as a stalker by Blue and converted back to Peace. Rock, you would have been converted to Peace this phase.
I only started with to win clauses. Create peace and have equal factions. Then convert all to stalkers. Then peace with all. So I was all over the impossible LOL
And lastly TEN Abs Rock and most others have been on the winning end of my games so it's not fair to say you can never trust me.
♧♧
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
periwinkle
Looking forward to see everyone's win clauses tomorrow.
Lol I had 2 then 2 then 1 all different. Like I said iwas along for the ride.
WRKD4IT
notoriouspat wrote:
Thanks, Mada! It was an awesome game. My first on D12 site and a very complex one at that. Had this not been my first, I feel as would have been able to make a move or two. Great getting to know all of you and I look forward to Hoods game next.
elysium5 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
i think hood was shot my ely who had one shot to use for the whole game and he had to kill courtney. i told him early on that hood was courtney. but he wanted to make sure. that is what turned me against ely. he agreed to shoot hood and at a certain time and did not - at least that's how i saw it - maybe he placed the shot but it did not go thru until the following phase and so was reported 2 phases later - just after i got killed. a ely was off-line to explain.

I had told you I wouldn't be online after a certain time and that was very true. I was not avoiding you. I said we needed to decide the crucial stuff before I would go inactive.

I already killed my target and it was not Hoodlum(Courtney). It was Thick-Stalker fang.

I tried to buy a slave once and and an assassin just about every phase after but wasted my money on unsuccessful bids every time. I was not aware that my daily coin earnings were far too low of a bid to be successful and when I finally got one, going I think 29 votes into debt I thought I would go for Hood. I knew Hood wasn't on my team so I made my 'group' think I hadn't fulfilled one of my win clauses yet because the only one in my group whom I knew was Traction was Tenn but Tenn just wouldn't believe it and kept me a little shut out. Why would they even keep me around if I told them I had already achieved 2 win clauses and my only sort of working actual team mate never did believe me so I was working towards our win with partial support from one team mate and side support from the other 2 in our group. Nobody else from my team was working with me or us and I was pretty much on my own from the beginning.

I completed 2 win clauses, my first which was to personally kill Stalker Fang and my third which was to solve the mystery of Lady Naga, by making a case to Mada on my theory explaining my solving of the events and the mystery behind it and then having to publish it, which I also did. My remaining win clause was Tractionist win (listed as number 2 for me) but I had already resigned myself to having to try and keep one of us alive for that win clause and I put myself out there as martyr by agreeing to put myself in massive debt for another assasin bid and my teammates would go in debt themselves next voting phase to cover my sacrifice but I was not protected from going into massive debt as suggested by my group to try and win the assassin. It just never turned out the way we hoped and knowing I was a goner and with Hood already dead now, I was hoping to at least bring General Naga down with me. Somehow, My assassination attempt failed.

Hood ended up dead before I could use my assassin so I targeted Peri but was unsuccessful I guess. I thought I would die by vote but still take out Peri in the process at least giving my 'team a chance to last it out a little longer.

I don't blame anyone on my team for our loss but I do think any actual working together was MASSIVELY hindered by all these agreements extended for too many phases or extended to very few people left alive before they 'expired.' and also the lack of participation later by our other remaining Tractionist's other than Tenn's valiant attempts to make something out of our teams total hot mess and lack of cohesion between our actual Tractionist group but I would like to add that for the record, I never lied. I never actually agree to the do no harm thing the first time with rock and company and even though you all thought I did, nobody went back to look. That fact aside, I never broke the agreement but really non-agreement I made anyway so whether I agreed or not, I still didn't try to do any harm. I focused on trying to target my known enemies instead.

I was disingenuous in answering questions but I never lied and I never double crossed, which I did not and would not have not as I knew it was not necessary. I just neglected to reveal to the one player in my group who didn't actually completely trust me (which was quite obvious) and the others not even on my team even though we tried to find common ground and work together that I was so close to getting all three of my win clauses. I didn't want to further hurt my Tractionist teams chances by creating additional worry that I would turn on my group or that my group actually had a shot at winning with a little luck and finally some co-operation from ANYONE of the other Tractionist's who might still be out there and therefore put a big 'ol target on our backs. For example: I said to my group that I only got one shot and had to use it successfully to kill my target. That was absolutely true, but the fact was I had already had used it successfully on Stalker Fang, but before anyone could ask me who my target was, I randomly asked who Courtney Whittaker was even though I knew it was Hood just to make you think that was my target. I wanted Hood dead as a known enemy anyway so why not make you think I wasn't getting closer to my own win clauses while still actively trying to eliminate my sworn green storm enemies while doing 'no harm' to my group? I planned to try and assassinate him anyway with a finally successful assassin bid.

I also highly suspected ryo was on my team almost immediately but just could get in touch with him early enough in the game as I was hoping to come out hot with an assassination attempt on Hoodlum right off the bat. My first interview made me guess right away he was green Storm. Alas, that proved to be a fruitless and wasted effort on my part.

It was a great game but we just never found our legs. Like I am fond of saying;

Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
periwinkle wrote:
Wow!  Ok....I was completely clueless most of the game. I immediately bought blue as a slave, since i had zero abilities, then found out 1 of his win clauses was to be set free...hence my intertwined comment.  So I bought jkl and used jkl to protect blue since blue decided to help me with my win clause...which later ended up being my 3rd win clause anyway revealed very late in the game.  Never once jkl protected me...he was either protecting blue or killing someone. Thank goodness for anax! :)
periwinkle wrote:
Interesting too, I hired an assassin to kill thick at the same time ely shot him....
ThickTalon wrote:
Thanks Peri and Ely for the quick and painless death.

I as Stalker Fang had ONE win clause to Kill you all. All I wanted to do was stay alive long enough to build my weapon (which was to find the 5 items hidden in 4 of the tractionist and 1 Green city, out of 7 hints. I had to name the person not the city so getting information on tractionist was key. I knew I had to be in for the long haul so tried to stay relatively out of the way. But I found that hard to do and not look suspicious I had a nightly search ability, which was not very successful. 

On the night that I was double killed I actually had gained a protect myself ability that I didn't think started until the next night..... I could have saved myself from Peri's assassination....:(

In hindsight I should have gone into debt buying up slaves, because I could have the slaves search other cities to gain the parts for the space weapon.

If I would have gotten all parts needed I could have killed 2 person per night until I achieved my win clause. 

Overall I learned more that only trust Hood:)

Talon