Game Thread
  • 1174 posts
  • Page 77 of 79
2ofclubs wrote:
periwinkle
Rockbert
.. / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.- -. --- .-- / .- -... --- ..- - / -- .- -.. .- .-.-.- / .- -. .- -..- / .. ... / .- / ..-. .. -. . --..-- / ..- .--. ... - .- -. -.. .. -. --. / -.-. .. - .. --.. . -. / .- -. -.. / .... --- .-- / -.. .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / -... . ... -- .. .-. -.-. .... / .... .. ... / -. .- -- . -.-.-- / .... .- .... .- .-.-.-

Ditto! :)

-.-- . ... / .... . / .. ... / - .... . / .-.. --- -.-- .- .-.. / .--. .-. --- - . -.-. - --- .-. / ..- -. .-.. .. -.- . / ... - .- .-.. -.- . .-. / ..-. .- -. --. .-.-.-
Ah yes he is the loyal protector unlike stalker Fang. I am going to sit on a square and wait while the generals plot.

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields, the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord, yeah!
Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor, yeah
Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!
Now in darkness, world stops turning
Ashes where their bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing, spreads his wings
Oh lord, yeah!
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
Your Move by Yes.
No code or message just sharing great lyrics.
I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way
I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way
Take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life
Make the GREEN queen run so fast she hasn't got time to make you wife
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time and it's news is captured for the queen to use
Move me on to any black square
Use me anytime you want

Just remember that the goal
Is for us all to capture all we want, anywhere
Don't surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two squares
Send an instant karma to me
Initial it with loving care
Don't surround yourself
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time and it's news is captured for the queen to use
WRKD4IT
Madagascarter wrote:
I gave everyone an extra 24 hours. So true deadline now. I’ll post my final story update. As a winner has been determined.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Madagascarter wrote:
The War Is Over

With Vienna's collapse many of the Tractionist cities, gave up completely and fled west to the Great Ocean. Others agreed deals with General Naga to go Static in exchange to freedom. But resistance still remained. Brighton, a city know for it's dodgy dealings took charge of the resistance and rallied a few smaller cities and suburbs to help. General Naga was confident though, if they could destroy Brighton, then none of the other cities will dare resist. The Green Storm prepared their armies for one last attack to end the war.

However this battle was the roughest one yet. The people of Brighton were used to violence and they weaponised every man women and child. They used dirty strategies of fake surrendering and suicide bombing. The people of Brighton really believed in their cause. Many of the Green Storm army died, there were 2 extremely close calls where General Naga almost died. 1 time protected by hit bullet proof suit and another General Naga was matched up against a Stalker destined to lose when a Green Storm Soldier sacrificed his life to divert its attention. But through the layers of Brighton the Green Storm climbed until the 2nd layer they reached, depleted and low in numbers. Then the Green Storm air force commenced an Air Raid as every important official from Brighton fled to the 2nd layer where the Green Storm were waiting, a slaughter commenced. Among the dead was Kramerq,, Hammerhead, Mayor of Brighton. He had an ability where he could steal other players coins.

General Naga, determined that this would be the last battle of the war, demanded that the he be put on air for all the remaining Tractionists Cities and Green Storm settlements to hear.

General Naga
The War Is Over! We have defeated HarrowBarrow, we've defeated Dortmund, we've defeated Vienna, we've defeated your largest city Arkangel and today we've defeated Brighton. It is time to stop the bloodshed, the violence. We never were monsters. We only declared war on you to defend our territory and our homes and our way of life, which your cities were threatening to destroy, to make us slaves to your reign of tyranny. We only defended ourselves. Some may say that I am a monster because I kidnapped my own wife. I can assure to you that I did not kidnap my own wife and that was a Tractionist conspiracy theory to make us appear as monsters, to rally their troops and give them a reason to fight. I sorrow for all those who have fallen and my greatest desire is for this bloodshed to end. But it can only happen if each city turn off their engines and stop invading land for their growth. For all those who wish to continue moving, I heed you this warning, our Green Storm army has proven strong enough to take down a city and we won't hesitate to destroy one more if it'll save many lives and make the world green again. If any city that has turned static is feeling threatened by a city that won't stop moving, then I personally promise that I'll send my armies to protect you.... 

From thence, many of the remaining cities found a favourable place to settle, Manchester, Madrid, Hamsterdam. Airhaven got special permission to keep moving as it was a flying city. Floating cities like Malaga and Naples found a port to stay at. A few of the smaller cities and suburbs resisted but were easily dispatched by the Green Storm. But for a while peace reigned.

There was a small incident where Stalkers started going wild and killing civilians at complete random, but a group of bounty hunters were hired to tie them up and bring them to Lady Naga who adjusted their programming to be more peaceful towards humanity.

Game Results
The Green Storm Won!

I know stalkers could have still won their objectives given more turns but unfortunately, the Green Storm won their main objective first.

Periwinkle was General Naga and the ultimate winner having achieved all 3 of his objectives.
Spoiler (click to show)

Well done to Anax (General Ying) who completed 2 of his objectives
Spoiler (click to show)

The only other player to have not died was Lady Naga who was Bluegoetz. Lady Naga wished for Peace though

All Roles PM's and general thoughts coming tomoz.

Final thought of today, sorry for being a bit of a lazy mod, taking ages to answer questions and everything. My favourite part of the games is in the creation. I think I modded this game to the minimum acceptable standard. I still have a lot of message chats I haven't opened. I just didn't have that much energy for trying to follow what 16 different people know at 1 time. For that reason it is difficult for me to call an MVP as I only have a vague idea of the power plays and info control and leaks. I still had fun creating this game and modding it though.

Summer 2 Countdown

Tennesseelogman wrote:
yes - the game is over again
Tennesseelogman was secretly resurrected into the overlord of all the living and the dead. with his highly superior brain, his courage, and his overflowing heart - he was able to rid the universe of all wickedness and flying monkeys and achieve peace through strength by defeating all his enemies.
Live long and prosper
Madagascarter wrote:
I'll be really happy to hear your thoughts on the game, what you liked, what you didn't. There was loads of new mechanics in there, and I think the majority went pretty well. The bidding, I got the idea from a game of Panam board game and it really helped me find a way to get money as system to actually work. Anyway, I only really made 2 real mistakes in the game and one baffling one where I said Mimi instead of Hood... I mean Hood wasn't even Mimi?

Summer 2 Countdown

Rockbert wrote:
Had I sold one more stalker and lived I would have made two of my win clauses. Oh well. Great game! Loved it. Nice one Mada. GG all. Congrats Peri and Anax.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i made several mistakes
- i bought an assassin and killed ryo - shortly after i made the bid and selected the target - i found out ryo was tractinist and tried to withdraw the bid but it was too late - that might have actually saved me though - blue has told me that he made a bid for the assassin and i was his target
- i was the slave trader and failed to kidnap a player one phase so that i could make the sale
- i tried to keep a couple of slaves to gain info but lost one to the lynch and he became a stalker so i lost another sale
- i should have sold as many as possible at the beginning of the game when people still wanted to buy them - later players realized that slaves did not help them much and were bidding on stalkers and assassins instead
- ely, blue, and i had a trust group going but i was still a little sus of ely - when he went off-line at a critical time and would not answer my questions, - i was convinced he was double-crossing me and then went public w my desire to kill him - that backfired on me and i died myself.
- my plan to overbid for the stalkers and assassins and go into debt only to be bailed out by larger and larger debt as the game progressed was snuffed out by mada
- i trusted 2oc (always a bad idea)
Live long and prosper
jkl3699 wrote:
GG all. Us stalkers could've won as well with a few more turns as Mada pointed out. I guess you could say that I owned Peri as much as she owned me Lol
periwinkle wrote:
Thank you for a great game mada. I enjoyed having multiple fractions...adds complexity, and I really liked the money part of it....it certainly add another dimension and strategy to the game...especially deciding how much to go in debt and having count as votes, that would definitely be interesting if more rounds were played and become increasingly important near the end of the game....it's like leveraging your future....very neat. Well done for the great game and concept!
jkl3699 wrote:
Madagascarter
I'll be really happy to hear your thoughts on the game, what you liked, what you didn't. There was loads of new mechanics in there, and I think the majority went pretty well. The bidding, I got the idea from a game of Panam board game and it really helped me find a way to get money as system to actually work. Anyway, I only really made 2 real mistakes in the game and one baffling one where I said Mimi instead of Hood... I mean Hood wasn't even Mimi?
I liked the coin mechanic and the trade-offs you had to make to vote/buy/sell different assets. That made the game more complex and more interesting. The one negative in my point of view was the debt system. Overall, it was a great game and thank you for host Mada!
Rockbert wrote:
Tennessee can't say that I killed him. :) In fact, I tried to warn him about Clubs, but he wouldn't believe me. haha. It was a great game, lots of fun! Ready for the next one. Well done Mada!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
periwinkle wrote:
I thought the debt system was initially a bad thing...but near the end....it made it quite interesting! It's hard to know when to bet the whole farm.

Anyway, shouts outs to Blue, jkl, rock, anax and clubs for assisting me. I managed to check off 1or 2 of their win clauses in exchange to help me check mine off. I didn't know my 3rd win clause until s5 (I think) it was a scenario dependent win clause that had yet to be revealed.

The reason for the shout out because I find playing these games IS fun...but it can be definitely overwhelming for a noob....I found teaming with blue, jkl and rock was quite helpful in helping me to navigate what I was supposed to do.
....so I guess ill address here. Remember v98 game tenn invited and I just wanted to observe? I agree playing v98 game gave me a better sense of what these games are like. Perhaps if we do invite a new player perhaps they play but they are teamed with a vet? I dunno just an idea....so they are actively playing but the two players are 1 person.  Not sure if that makes sense or doable....but it might encourage retention.  I know clark tried it once and he was completely lost. I may try to get him to try again...or other players....we will see.

Otherwise gg everyone.

PS. How did hood die?.....I wasn't expecting that.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
we 3 - ely, blue , and i had what i thought was a good plan. there were 5 stalkers and we each owned 1. so we planned to lynch one of the other 2 - ryo (which we did) and then kill the other leaving us owning the only 3 stalkers. - at that point we could go into debt and buy each assassin and stalker that came up and kill at will. i could not promote a kill on rock the stalker dealer due to a long term agreement w him. i knew rock's info and he knew mine from early on. i also knew hood's role as it was given to me in the role assignment PM since i would not have to kidnap hood = he would come to me to be sold as a slave since he could easily escape - but he only came twice. i knew that kramer was somewhat active just not posting in the forum. i knew he was the thief and had the same wc as me to have the most money at the end of the game - as did rock. so i would have killed rock and kramer as soon as my agreement w them expired.
Live long and prosper