Game Thread
  • 1174 posts
  • Page 11 of 79
Dan25z wrote:
Rockbert
well, just watched the movie. Can't say I really learned much. hopefully this game doesn't have the sappy love story haha.

I didn't watch the movie, but I can well imagine that there would be some love component to it. In most mafia games I've been involved with there has been so.

Just for the sake of knowing, which 2 characters are in love in the movie, and are they potential characters here?
Dan25z wrote:
2ofclubs
I will Hard Claim 100% not a stalker YET.
I am also not a political figure.
I don't have night ability (kill ability beyond vote).
I am 1 of the 2 big factions (vanilla).
I can't win so hope to get MVP and have FUN.
I reserve the right to change my position as game unfolds - or dare I say gains traction. LOL

How is it day 2 and you already can't win anymore?
ThickTalon wrote:
Dan25z
2ofclubs
I reserve the right to change my position as game unfolds - or dare I say gains traction. LOL

Don't read into 2 of C's claim of "he can't win" this is a common trait for him:D

even though he wins alot.
Dan25z wrote:
ThickTalon
Dan25z
2ofclubs

Don't read into 2 of C's claim of "he can't win" this is a common trait for him:D

even though he wins alot.

I wasn't entertaining that thought, just wanted to put it into question publicly
Tennesseelogman wrote:
Dan25z wrote:  Posted: 12 seconds ago 
Post #154
I wasn't entertaining that thought, just wanted to put it into question publicly
good point - since we do not have unlimited PM chats w everyone - sometimes a question is asked to get a response from a specific player - please do not answer for someone else - let them give their own response - it is a good way to fish for info.
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
Dan25z
Rockbert
well, just watched the movie. Can't say I really learned much. hopefully this game doesn't have the sappy love story haha.

I didn't watch the movie, but I can well imagine that there would be some love component to it. In most mafia games I've been involved with there has been so.

Just for the sake of knowing, which 2 characters are in love in the movie, and are they potential characters here?

Esther Shore was the woman, I can't recall the guy's name. I was watching while working and answering phones so didn't get to pay as close attention as I would like to have.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Dan25z wrote:
Madagascarter
The Daily Traction
No-one dies!
This is certainly an odd time in the war. Last winter there were some strategic plays, a couple of Sieges but no cities of static settlements fell. We can only guess what the next twists and turns are in this war but peace talks are going to start again this summer in Manchester. It doesn't appear that General Naga is willing to negotiate though.

Stalker Fang Sighted?
A Photo, though blurry has emerged of Stalker Fang on Arkangel! We don't know the purpose of her trip but she didn't appear to do any damage to the city. Is this a hoax or is this real and what could Stalker Fang be up to? Nimrod is saying it's an over reaction and the photo looks nothing like her. "How can a Stalker return from the dead," he jokes with a charming smile.

Hoodlum Exclusive

We have been busy getting exclusive interviews with Hoodlum. We have learned Hoodlum was a close friend of Lady Naga's at one point in their lives and deeply mourns her disappearance. From this interview, we have taken a deep dive into Lady Naga's childhood and can deduce Hoodlum's role to be one of the 6 roles shown. Skyla Gotze, Courtney Whittaker, Mimi Hanks, Sathyra Fang, Dartster Morely or Hammerhead.

So what could Mimi tell us about Lady Naga's disappearance? "Well she was in good health and very smart. This was no accident, this was a deliberate plot on Lady Naga. Whoever attacked her, maybe killed her was trying to send a message of supremacist. Well we will not back down and take revenge on her!"

Summer 1 is starting
Announcements
You may bid this phase for the assassin to target a player.

I think that is it.

Nimrod Scarlett

For hoodlum to be deeply mournful of Lady Naga's kidnapping, I assume that they are either green storm or peace (or both).

If it were to be true that hoodlum is mimi that probably means that mimi is put for peace.
ThickTalon wrote:
Tennesseelogman
Post #154
good point - since we do not have unlimited PM chats w everyone - sometimes a question is asked to get a response from a specific player - please do not answer for someone else - let them give their own response - it is a good way to fish for info.

You are correct. My mistake.
elysium5 wrote:
I just want to point something out:

Possible teams:
Winter/Summer system - (to represent timeframes in an actual war. Winter is night, Summer is Day)
There will be 2 big teams of 5, Tractionist and Green Storm
There will be 3 players vying for peace
There will be 3 neutrals is miscellaneous win clauses.

Main win clauses
For Tractionists to win, all players aiming for a Green Storm win must die unless specified otherwise
For the Green Storm to win all players aiming for a Tractionist win must die unless specified otherwise
For peace to win a no lynch or a tie needs to be voted in 2 summers in a row

Take note:

No lynch voters giving peace a chance
so far
kramerq
Rockbert
2ofclubs
Bluegoetz

Maybe some of you missed the ramifications of placing a no vote or maybe some of you are trying to sneak this through.

I was at first not too concerned because I was thinking about avoiding a tie/no vote next round but why even let the possibility get set up for a 1-2 win in the first place?

Especially since votes can be purchased and will definitely be used to manipulate the vote.

Might be a little harder to ensure a no lynch/tie never happens so we really should also try not to let it happen in the first place.

Why take the risk?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
elysium5 wrote:
ThickTalon
Tennesseelogman
Post #154

I don't think it is necessarily a mistake, ThickTalon.

You can still ask the player to respond themselves and much can also be read when a player comes to another players defense, just as much can be read about anything anybody posts and/or how they post it.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Dan25z wrote:
elysium5

Possible teams:
Winter/Summer system - (to represent timeframes in an actual war. Winter is night, Summer is Day)

Main win clauses
For Tractionists to win, all players aiming for a Green Storm win must die unless specified otherwise
For the Green Storm to win all players aiming for a Tractionist win must die unless specified otherwise

Take note:

so far
kramerq
Rockbert
2ofclubs
Bluegoetz

Maybe some of you missed the ramifications of placing a no vote or maybe some of you are trying to sneak this through.

I was at first not too concerned because I was thinking about avoiding a tie/no vote next round but why even let the possibility get set up for a 1-2 win in the first place?

Especially since votes can be purchased and will definitely be used to manipulate the vote.

Might be a little harder to ensure a no lynch/tie never happens so we really should also try not to let it happen in the first place.

Why take the risk?

What's the exact count of lynch to no lynch?
ThickTalon wrote:
elysium5
ThickTalon
Tennesseelogman
Post #154

You can still ask the player to respond themselves and much can also be read when a player comes to another players defense, just as much can be read about anything anybody posts and/or how they post it.

If you can get that read off of 22 hours of the day shift you are a talented player E5.
ThickTalon wrote:
elysium5

Possible teams:

Main win clauses

Take note:

so far
kramerq
Rockbert
2ofclubs
Bluegoetz

Why take the risk?

Does Abstaining count as 1 of the 2 needed for the peacemakers?
Tennesseelogman wrote:
my read is that abstaining or not voting does not count in the no lynches but it does allow for someone else voting no lynch or for xxx to have more influence
Live long and prosper
Dan25z wrote:
elysium5
ThickTalon
Tennesseelogman
Post #154

Well of course you can read into everything, but reading too much can also lead you astray. Considering it's quite an elaborate game a few new faces I'd say that most of what has been said so far is more for clarification, and less of a giveaway.