The Mafia Game
  • 375 posts
  • Page 6 of 25
jkl3699 wrote:
I agree with Virtuosity in that we need to lynch someone this round or else it just gives the mafia an advantage. Following Madagascarter's reasoning, I have reason to believe that 2ofclubs is not in my faction. #Lynch 2ofclubs
Rockbert wrote:
Normally I would agree to lynch one of the silent ones, and will agree after this first day, but for now with the complexity of this game I think not lynching is the way to go. I'm still a bit confused on this one honestly.

So, for today only, #No Lynch
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i agree that a lynch is needed. not a random lynch but one w some logic to it. at this point we have very little info and it is only 3 1/2 hrs until the deadline. the first lynch if nothing else can provide info (if given) on how the role assignment pm is worded for another player which may or may not provide useful info. Or the threat of a lynch may provide incentive for that player to post some or all of their role assignment pm to avoid the lynch. either way we get something - otherwise, we are at a similar place next lynch phase only short one good guy. i guess the argument could be made that we do not want to lynch a good guy and just help the bad guys reach their goal faster and we can get the same info off of the dead mafia kill. so - i would say a threat of lynch on a semi-active player who will see it and then provide more info 1st and 2nd choice would be an inactive player who may not even see the lynch vote and have no response.
Lynch ABS for now. i can easily change my vote
Live long and prosper
Hoodlum wrote:
unlynch madagascarter Lynch Tennesseelogman
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Lynchcount:
No lynch - 2ofclubs, orzhovboss, Ready4war, Rockbert,
2ofclubs - Madagascarter, jkl3699,
Abs - Tennesseelogman,
Tennesseelogman - Hoodlum,

Two and a half hrs left.
Thoughts to follow.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Tennesseelogman wrote:
ABS (or anybody else) will not feel threatened w only 1 vote while there are 4 votes for no lynch. 
I observed several things as host of the last game - 1. - the objective of the bad guys (i am assuming it is the unvaccinated) is to create chaos and uncertainty as Hood seems to be doing. 2 - this is a game of deceit but nearly everybody lies even when there is no reason to. 3 - the mafia will vote for each other as long as it does not result in their fellow mafia being lynched. 4 - mafia often swing their votes at the last minute. 5 - at this point is the game, most anyone who post all or part of their role assignment PM is telling the truth because the bad guys do not have enough info to go on to risk posting a lie for fear of getting caught in that lie.
Live long and prosper
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Thoughts:
- No lynch is a bad choice. It is guaranteed to help the mafia (they get a kill in the night and town has learned nothing). A mislynch is also really bad but at least we can look at who voted for who and see who seems to be working together, disagreeing, etc. And maybe we get a mafia/neutral. So yeah, no lynch is good for mafia.
- Rockbert is claiming to be confused by the game. I've noticed that feigning/claiming confusion is a common strategy for mafia/neutrals in past games (Ely, Hood spring to mind but there's definitely been others) who are simply stalling for time and hovering under the radar. Obviously the game would seem confusing if you didn't know the town win clause, eh Rockbert? ;)
- Hoodlum is lynching random people immediately after they post. Not helpful at all, but I'm sure everyone will only tolerate it for so long, and then you'll be forced to play normally :roll: *cue lynch vote against me*
- Tennessee keeps calling out for vanillas to claim, and for different people to share parts of their role PM. IMO this is a mafia/scummy play, or at best a townie mistake - any shared Role PMs arm mafia and neutrals with the information they need to false claim. So Tenn could be a mafia looking for town win clause. Also, asking vanillas to claim might seem inconsequential, but as mafia by rooting out vanillas, you then know by exclusion who has the power roles. So you could be scouting for an efficient night kill next phase. This paragraph probably comes off as very hostile - I'm just listing the possibilities. It's also very possible you're town who hasn't considered all these drawbacks to your recommended strategy.
- Doctor role. There's been some discussion on this role earlier in the thread. It seemed to be agreed that Doctor does not seem like a town role (allowing people to have Vacc Certificates when they didn't start with one, spreading confusion). If you read all of 2ofclubs' posts in isolation, you will notice that he mentions this doctor role very often, and asks a lot of questions to Anax about it. He also asked about rejecting Vacc Certificates, which is quite a suspicious question. Finally, he actually said he was the doctor in one post, before taking it back a couple of posts later. We all know 2ofclubs loves to hint at his role in the thread... For these reasons, I believe 2ofclubs is the Doctor (who we think logically is NOT a town role) AND from his questions to Anax I believe he is an Unvaccinated Doctor who almost certainly does not share my win clause (as reasoned also by Mada). In absence of any better candidate, I vote to Lynch 2ofclubs. Willing to reconsider based upon contradicting or other more urgent evidence.
- Loads of players still not talking :( I'll update my silent/talking list in a few mins.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Tennesseelogman wrote:
2oc - you seem to be working for the vac faction but also making some contradictory statements. you have insinuated that you are vaccinated but have no vac certificate - could you please post your role assignment PM to clear that up ?
Live long and prosper
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@Virtuosity98 - talking
@Tennesseelogman - talking
@Madagascarter - talking
@Bluegoetz - quiet
@LandoCalriskian - quiet
@2ofclubs - talking
@pygmyhippo277 - silent
@Rockbert - talking
@jkl3699 - talking
@Ryomyr - silent
@orzhovboss - talking
@Abs - silent (since posting once)
@Ready4war - quiet
@elysium5 - silent
@Hoodlum - silent except unexplained lynch votes
Day Actions:

Bluegoetz wrote:
My thoughts:
Virtuosity98 wrote:  Posted: Today, 10:45 
Post #66
P.S.
The only one of the silents who hasn't logged onto D12 is pygmyhippo277. So all the others have no excuse to have not said at least something (e.g. Bluegoetz).
you always seem to pick on me for not saying much? if you read the forum you'll see I did post 39 and 41(and I know thats not a lot but it does prove im here and listening) and not to pick a fight but you haven't done much besides recap what others have said. but your list are useful so you do you.
I don't have information to add except my role which i'm not going to post round 0 because I don't know/understand yet what will be done with that information

Bluegoetz wrote:
I was leaning towards no lynch, but waiting to be convinced otherwise.
I like information, but not sure what we will get from a lynch today. i could be wrong but i doubt it'll help (me at least) this mornings posts seem to be a select few putting pressure on everyone to make an impulse decision to lynch or share too much
Madagascarter wrote:
V98's reasoning
Thoughts:
- No lynch is a bad choice. It is guaranteed to help the mafia (they get a kill in the night and town has learned nothing). A mislynch is also really bad but at least we can look at who voted for who and see who seems to be working together, disagreeing, etc. And maybe we get a mafia/neutral. So yeah, no lynch is good for mafia.
- Rockbert is claiming to be confused by the game. I've noticed that feigning/claiming confusion is a common strategy for mafia/neutrals in past games (Ely, Hood spring to mind but there's definitely been others) who are simply stalling for time and hovering under the radar. Obviously the game would seem confusing if you didn't know the town win clause, eh Rockbert? ;)
- Hoodlum is lynching random people immediately after they post. Not helpful at all, but I'm sure everyone will only tolerate it for so long, and then you'll be forced to play normally :roll: *cue lynch vote against me*
- Tennessee keeps calling out for vanillas to claim, and for different people to share parts of their role PM. IMO this is a mafia/scummy play, or at best a townie mistake - any shared Role PMs arm mafia and neutrals with the information they need to false claim. So Tenn could be a mafia looking for town win clause. Also, asking vanillas to claim might seem inconsequential, but as mafia by rooting out vanillas, you then know by exclusion who has the power roles. So you could be scouting for an efficient night kill next phase. This paragraph probably comes off as very hostile - I'm just listing the possibilities. It's also very possible you're town who hasn't considered all these drawbacks to your recommended strategy.
- Doctor role. There's been some discussion on this role earlier in the thread. It seemed to be agreed that Doctor does not seem like a town role (allowing people to have Vacc Certificates when they didn't start with one, spreading confusion). If you read all of 2ofclubs' posts in isolation, you will notice that he mentions this doctor role very often, and asks a lot of questions to Anax about it. He also asked about rejecting Vacc Certificates, which is quite a suspicious question. Finally, he actually said he was the doctor in one post, before taking it back a couple of posts later. We all know 2ofclubs loves to hint at his role in the thread... For these reasons, I believe 2ofclubs is the Doctor (who we think logically is NOT a town role) AND from his questions to Anax I believe he is an Unvaccinated Doctor who almost certainly does not share my win clause (as reasoned also by Mada). In absence of any better candidate, I vote to Lynch 2ofclubs. Willing to reconsider based upon contradicting or other more urgent evidence.
- Loads of players still not talking :( I'll update my silent/talking list in a few mins.

I agree with this. If anyone if skimming through the chat make sure you don't skip this post.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Bluegoetz wrote:
virt when I typed my post I didn't see your big one so disregard my statement about you only recapping
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Blue, the quote you just cited is actually me thanking you for at least saying something, unlike others who have been online but haven't even posted once. Now I read that quote again I can see why you thought I was singling you out in a bad way though ^^ Sorry!
Day Actions:

Tennesseelogman wrote:
mostly sound logic from Virt (except the part about me)
Rock said it was a complex game and i think many would agree and be confused/uncertain right now but i do not see where he stated or alluded to the lack of knowledge about a win clause.
nevertheless - unlynch ABS and lynch 2oClubs - if this is a mistake, hopefully enough info will come out to allow a correction before the deadline in 2 hrs.
Live long and prosper