The Mafia Game
  • 375 posts
  • Page 4 of 25
2ofclubs wrote:
orzhovboss
Cards: Hmm Kind of like team games. You win alive or dead / Vac or not if your team wins.
The doc, cop and analyst can verify vac card. Oh you can use Role PM too. But all can be faked.

More food for thought: Hacker and the "mysterious website or not." what is this??

Wait are you actually the doc 2? NO NO
And where does it say docs can view analyst data?
Doctor. Each night you can give a Vaccine Certificate to a player. For mechanics, the Doctor provide Vaccine Certificate
 before Cops can check them.
Data Analyst. Each night you can analyse a player’s web search history and learn if he is Vaccinated or Unvaccinated.

Thoughts on hacker: maybe specifically designed to find the Data Analyst, since both computer themed?
###########################################################################
Edit: Could the mysterious website be referring to UVs being able to PM each other(if they even can)?
########################################################################

Now this is the brain storming I like too see THANKS Orz
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
question for anax - if somebody is given a vac cert - will they know they have been given it?
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
2ofclubs
orzhovboss
Cards: Hmm Kind of like team games. You win alive or dead / Vac or not if your team wins.
The doc, cop and analyst can verify vac card. Oh you can use Role PM too. But all can be faked.

More food for thought: Hacker and the "mysterious website or not." what is this??

Wait are you actually the doc 2? NO NO
And where does it say docs can view analyst data?
Doctor. Each night you can give a Vaccine Certificate to a player. For mechanics, the Doctor provide Vaccine Certificate
 before Cops can check them.
Data Analyst. Each night you can analyse a player’s web search history and learn if he is Vaccinated or Unvaccinated.

Thoughts on hacker: maybe specifically designed to find the Data Analyst, since both computer themed?
###########################################################################
Edit: Could the mysterious website be referring to UVs being able to PM each other(if they even can)?
########################################################################

Now this is the brain storming I like too see THANKS Orz

Agreed Clubs, nice to see the deep dives. :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Anaxagore wrote:
Tennesseelogman
question for anax - if somebody is given a vac cert - will they know they have been given it?

Yes
2ofclubs wrote:
Anaxagore
Tennesseelogman

Yes

Can they refuse it?
WRKD4IT
Anaxagore wrote:
2ofclubs
Anaxagore
Tennesseelogman

Yes

Can they refuse it?

yes
2ofclubs wrote:
Now the question to ponder, could the doc be tricked in giving one to some one who has one or can one concealed it as not having one.
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
the 2 cops can find out if somebody has a vac cert or not - i think it would be most useful to know if they started w one. any added later tells nothing. best if the doc gives out none. the added vac certs will only confuse - they do not determine which faction you are. only if the doc is mafia and wants to give it to his mafia buddies.
Live long and prosper
orzhovboss wrote:
Tenesseelogman
the 2 cops can find out if somebody has a vac cert or not - i think it would be most useful to know if they started w one. any added later tells nothing. best if the doc gives out none. the added vac certs will only confuse - they do not determine which faction you are. only if the doc is mafia and wants to give it to his mafia buddies.

It would make no sense for the doc to be vaxxed - they would just not do anything. However they could disguise the UVs from the vaxxed cops if they were UV. Of course, if there are vaxxed people with no cert all my logic goes out the window.
Rockbert wrote:
this is a complex web of woven complexities
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Wow this thread exploded :o I think lots of points raised have been good - so tired but I'll try to write something coherent before sleeping ^^

Orzhovboss posts I agree with most of it, hacker definitely an intriguing role and the secret website probably is referring to PMs between mafia or possible neutral factions (anax's games are never simple).

Doctor role could definitely be evil if trying to hide the UVs with vaccination certificates. Or could be a neutral or even good, it is obviously just speculation at this point.

Another question to consider: why would anyone refuse a vacc certificate?
And we should be thinking about possible third party win clauses - maybe hacker or secret website is to do with this? Obv third party probs isn't no. 1 priority right now but useful to keep in back of our minds.

Sorry if this makes no sense, goodnight all and keep the thread flowing!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Oh and orzhovboss in these games editing posts isn't allowed because you could use that to hide a message that you showed to only active players.

Lets hear from everyone please!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Tennesseelogman wrote:
i would love for the other 5 vanillas to come forward. 1st - i do not see where it can hurt anything but it should take you off the radar for lynching and mafia killings since you (we) have no ability that can hurt anybody. and 2nd - it would help us narrow down the list of suspects and maybe help start to ID some of the likely unvacs.
Live long and prosper
orzhovboss wrote:
Sorry virt- didn't know that, won't do it again
I don't post in forums that much so my posts were all messed up
orzhovboss wrote:
i would love for the other 5 vanillas to come forward. 1st - i do not see where it can hurt anything but it should take you off the radar for lynching and mafia killings since you (we) have no ability that can hurt anybody. and 2nd - it would help us narrow down the list of suspects and maybe help start to ID some of the likely unvacs.
And here you are Ten:
Anaxagore said:
16 Jan 2022, 19:17
Your role is Vanilla.

I'm vanilla, although as I said before It doesn't really narrow down who is UV or V because anyone can be vanilla.