The Mafia Game
  • 375 posts
  • Page 9 of 25
2ofclubs wrote:
Shoot I am trying to catch up.  On page 6
I AM NOT THE DOC and NEVER RECANTED A CLAIM TO BE. I am just trying to understand the play of certificates.
I agree with most of Virts views otherwise. Instead of responding to every post, I will state the following and continue read posts.

Tennessee, JKL and Hood are on my suspect list.  For those who analyze word choice. Note I say 'suspect' !!!

WRKD4IT
orzhovboss wrote:
Virtuosity98
orzhovboss
Anyone who wants to lynch ten after reading that is most likely UV because now we know he's vaxxed.
Not necessarily - Tenn could have just copied Abs' Role PM that he posted a few minutes earlier.

Fair enough - but what about the win con? It means even if he's not vanilla, he's probably vaccinated, or just copied the format Anax used.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Virtuosity98
orzhovboss
Anyone who wants to lynch ten after reading that is most likely UV because now we know he's vaxxed.
Not necessarily - Tenn could have just copied Abs' Role PM that he posted a few minutes earlier.
HOWEVER, this would be incredibly impressive to think to do, copy/paste, and type a response to - all in just 4 minutes!
Which actually makes me think Tenn might not be lying.

Reconsidering everything before I spam the thread with Lynch and Unlynch another million times...
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Rockbert wrote:
I have to go for a few hours and will check back in when I can.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
#Unlynch Tennesseelogman
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Bluegoetz wrote:
we have a little more than an hour.
seems like logman and 2oc are the ones on the chopping block for different reasons.
I'm tempted to jump on one of these bandwagons, but i also think both of these players talk a lot and getting rid of them early might be good and or bad. if they are mafia then great one down. on the other hand they have said enough to easily catch them in a lie later. and if they are not mafia we get rid of good players.

So for now #NO LYNCH

but im more than willing to change my mind
2ofclubs wrote:
Tennesseelogman
2oc - you seem to be working for the vac faction but also making some contradictory statements. you have insinuated that you are vaccinated but have no vac certificate - could you please post your role assignment PM to clear that up ?

As I was reading the posts on posted roll and the caps - i checked mine again and its all caps. LOL 
My disclaimer: I am not the greatest typer. I make mistakes. etc.

But I do know you keep wanting players to post PM roles. When you goole' mafia games, 1 thing shared is to not reveal or be cautious posting administers/moderators PM.  Suspicious or genuine ?

WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
orz - you stated an opinion about me that i should not be lynched but never changed your lynch vote - do it soon if you intend to :)
Live long and prosper
orzhovboss wrote:

tennesseelogman
orz - you stated an opinion about me that i should not be lynched but never changed your lynch vote - do it soon if you intend to :)]

I did, it's just on the page before.

orzhovboss
Fair enough Ten: a good excuse.
Since nobody else had put up an entire role PM and yours looks legit when compared to mine (which isn't, of course, the exact same), I'm going to #unlynch ten, #no lynch

No lynch makes the most sense here: we don't have much information and we don't want to lynch our own faction. After the first night phase people will have used abilities and say all kinds of useful things that can help us decide on a lynch.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
My top suspects are:
- 2ofclubs as UV doctor (for reasons explained in my big post earlier).
- Tennesseelogman as fake-claimed vanilla (but his excuse was a very good and convincing one).
- Hood for deliberately contributing nothing.
- Silents since as mafia or neutrals they can just sit there while townies tear each other's throats apart.

For the reasons I stated earlier, in that big post, I stand by my opinion that no lynch is BAD. So I'll probably vote to #lynch 2ofclubs.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
For reference (page 6):
Virtuosity98
Thoughts:
- No lynch is a bad choice. It is guaranteed to help the mafia (they get a kill in the night and town has learned nothing). A mislynch is also really bad but at least we can look at who voted for who and see who seems to be working together, disagreeing, etc. And maybe we get a mafia/neutral. So yeah, no lynch is good for mafia.
- Rockbert is claiming to be confused by the game. I've noticed that feigning/claiming confusion is a common strategy for mafia/neutrals in past games (Ely, Hood spring to mind but there's definitely been others) who are simply stalling for time and hovering under the radar. Obviously the game would seem confusing if you didn't know the town win clause, eh Rockbert? ;)
- Hoodlum is lynching random people immediately after they post. Not helpful at all, but I'm sure everyone will only tolerate it for so long, and then you'll be forced to play normally :roll: *cue lynch vote against me*
- Tennessee keeps calling out for vanillas to claim, and for different people to share parts of their role PM. IMO this is a mafia/scummy play, or at best a townie mistake - any shared Role PMs arm mafia and neutrals with the information they need to false claim. So Tenn could be a mafia looking for town win clause. Also, asking vanillas to claim might seem inconsequential, but as mafia by rooting out vanillas, you then know by exclusion who has the power roles. So you could be scouting for an efficient night kill next phase. This paragraph probably comes off as very hostile - I'm just listing the possibilities. It's also very possible you're town who hasn't considered all these drawbacks to your recommended strategy.
- Doctor role. There's been some discussion on this role earlier in the thread. It seemed to be agreed that Doctor does not seem like a town role (allowing people to have Vacc Certificates when they didn't start with one, spreading confusion). If you read all of 2ofclubs' posts in isolation, you will notice that he mentions this doctor role very often, and asks a lot of questions to Anax about it. He also asked about rejecting Vacc Certificates, which is quite a suspicious question. Finally, he actually said he was the doctor in one post, before taking it back a couple of posts later. We all know 2ofclubs loves to hint at his role in the thread... For these reasons, I believe 2ofclubs is the Doctor (who we think logically is NOT a town role) AND from his questions to Anax I believe he is an Unvaccinated Doctor who almost certainly does not share my win clause (as reasoned also by Mada). In absence of any better candidate, I vote to Lynch 2ofclubs. Willing to reconsider based upon contradicting or other more urgent evidence.
- Loads of players still not talking :( I'll update my silent/talking list in a few mins.
Day Actions:

Tennesseelogman wrote:
as of now i think we have:

no lynch - 6 - 2oc, r4w, rock, pyg, blue, orz
2oc - 4 - Mada, Tenn, jkl, Virt
Tenn - 1 - abs
Mada - 1 - Hood
no vote - 3 - Lando, Ryomyr, Ely
Live long and prosper
Bluegoetz wrote:
Tennesseelogman wrote:  Posted: 2 minutes ago 
Post #134
as of now i think we have:

no lynch - 6 - 2oc, r4w, rock, pyg, blue, orz
2oc - 4 - Mada, Tenn, jkl, Virt
Tenn - 1 - abs
Mada - 1 - Hood
no vote - 3 - Lando, Ryomyr, Ely

pretty sure hoods last vote was for you logman.