Mafia Game Thread
  • 714 posts
  • Page 5 of 48
Abs wrote:
Madagascarter said:
04 Aug 2021, 20:45
You are the Gambler.

Arrested for getting yourself in huge debt yet you can’t stop throwing everything on the line. You trust no-one except your own skill, wit and luck of the dice. Therefore you are neutral.

During the Working Day phase you may anonymously challenge someone in your room to a game of Rock Paper Scissors by DMing me to try and win someone’s special powers. The mechanics are pretty complicated here.

Spoiler (click to hide)
If you have no other powers through gambling then treat wins and draws as wins. 66% chance success ratio.

If you win you get to use their special power and vote indefinitely or until you gamble it away. During their next phase they would use their power, they will not be able to. If you challenge a mafia and win, you effectively save a prisoner as they cannot vote and you also gain their ability.

If you lose they get your vote in that voting phase. You will also get to use that next turn as well.

When you have 1 or more extra ability.

50% victory if you are just gambling all of your everything except 1 ability of your choice. (Votes or abilities)

66% chance of victory if you are to put everything on the line.

This is a powerful role with great responsibility as whilst you are a neutral and ultimately not a prisoner, you can be of huge assistance to the prisoners until the very end game
Abs wrote:
There you go! Open to all and dont forget I already beat v98 as we both chose paper and i Win by “slight of hand” apparently so v98 cannot vote this time and I have his power now which is to move whoever I want into certain safe spots/cells away from mafia

Imagine if I win another tomorrow and another, it could be very useful
Anaxagore wrote:
can you post the message where it told you the special ability you stole from v98?
Tennesseelogman wrote:
yes you can copy and paste. but if you are ever unsure of something you can pm the moderator and ask him. he will usually not give advise but will tell you what you are and are not allowed to do.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i do not think abs has the experience to forge such a role assignment pm - therefore i think we should keep him alive and help him know how to help us.
abs - we are going to want to know what the special win clause is for you - i will always try to advise you correctly. i may word it in a way that is to my advantage also. i think you have given us enough to know we should keep you alive as an ally. the mafia WILL lie. -- it is in their job description, so don't take it personally. you can also lie about your win clause. if you want to keep that a secret you should go ahead and make up /change that portion and store it somewhere so that you can retrieve it quickly and post it so that it looks authentic. (i have been the neutral/mafia for the last 3 games and this is what i did)
others - don't get mad at me for this - just advising a newcomer - he can take it or leave it
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
I am following along just not real active.
IMO neutrals are very dangerous. You're all in prayers ;)  enjoy the clean sheets :P
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
2ofclubs wrote:
Notice not a lot of folks are not talking much. Nothing from Rheisel my love :P and SHJENKE

I claim good prisoner and am TBH.
If I vote it be  #Lynch abs 
 better to die by vote vs mafia who could gain his powers. Then again he couldn't gain more if nobody plays rock scissor paper with him or can he?.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Ryomyr wrote:
Hi. I just caught up on the reading.  Are we still voting for a kill?
Bluegoetz wrote:
had a busy couple days, but should have the weekend free to keep up. the janitors were pretty quiet yesterday and I don't understand mada's last message in that group. I agree with anax and virt that Abs is probably neutral and therefore has to go for prisoners to win, but gonna wait till closer to time to cast my vote just in case.
Rockbert wrote:
Or do his powers go back to the person he took them from?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
elysium5 wrote:
Ok. I'm here for a bit. I have to leave in the morning, about 7 hours from now. I'll check in again before I go but I won't be back until tomorrow night. I should have a little more time after that and then a lot between Monday/Wednesday to contribute better but for now, it looks like Abs outed himself. I remember my first games and I was sooo lost. Not a big deal, Abs. You will learn quickly and you will likely fall in love with this game like the rest of us.

I will likely cast my vote against Abs if needed when I check back in if nothing has changed. I didn't dissect the chats very closely so maybe I missed a lot.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
LandoCalriskian wrote:
Yeah seems like Abs is neutral.. lots to read through but feel like I understood it all lol.
Everything you've heard about me is true.