Mafia Game Thread
  • 714 posts
  • Page 3 of 48
Abs wrote:
Yes I am on the side of the prisoners but as I said, the mafia have tried to bribe me by saying they will spare my life if I comply. The issue is I think that by being honest with all other prisoners I might have more chance to survive but I just don’t know who is a prisoner and who Is not.

Virtuosity was asking lots of questions to me and not sure why tbh
Anaxagore wrote:
Abs23
Yes I am on the side of the prisoners but as I said, the mafia have tried to bribe me by saying they will spare my life if I comply. The issue is I think that by being honest with all other prisoners I might have more chance to survive but I just don’t know who is a prisoner and who Is not.

Virtuosity was asking lots of questions to me and not sure why tbh

Who said that?
If you are with the Prisoners, you win alive or dead, so helping the mafia is just a mistake.
Also, we can probably protect you if you role is worth it.
Abs wrote:
Haha well that’s not what I have been told, they have said if I help them, I will be spared.

The plot thickens though as the reason I am on the fence is I have a win clause that is released if I kill the mafia which was given to me by a prison guard so I literally am in the middle
Rockbert wrote:
who is promising to spare you?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Abs wrote:
Anaxagore
Abs23
Ok so I need to be honest, I wanted to try and work out who I could trust so said a few red herrings to see how people reacted in gardening. I am just trying to act tough to survive but I will tell you the mafia have tried to bribe me to give them info and spare My life as a prisoner if I comply. In all honesty I don’t know what is best? I want us all to survive but I also don’t want to die…help!

#Lynch Abs23

Let's start there.
Abs knows stuff so my vote will be on him until he speaks.

Why lynch me haha, I am just being honest as hoping people can help me with the situation I am in, I vote to #Lynch Virtuosity98 as he is the one that is involved in many of these stories
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Unfortunately for you Abs23, I have just got too much incriminating evidence for you to get away with this. You have chosen open warfare with me. I can literally post all my chats with you and with Mada, and there will only be one conclusion - that you are a neutral (almost certainly) or a mafia.

#LYNCH Abs23
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Tennesseelogman wrote:
abs - since you are new to this, it sounds like you are one of the neutral players w a different win clause. at this point it would be wise to let abs live since he seems to be a threat only near the end. unless he is talked/tricked into voting w the mafia . i do not know of any other non-mafia except me at this point.
abs - it seems that you may need the larger group of prisoners to save you from being lynched and not the small group of mafia. i suggest you copy and paste any chat you had that makes you think mafia was offering you a bribe (that is allowed but can also be forged). that will make that person (or persons) come out to defend themselves and maybe draw some of the attention away from you
Live long and prosper
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Can we have someone provide the messaging stats for the janitor and laundry rooms? They're worth knowing imo.

Madagascarter said:
06 Aug 2021, 21:34
Private message count. Not including KoE_Doja

V98 Abs23.  23
V98 SHJENKE. 3
V98 Vicious.  2

Only messages that occurred
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Tennesseelogman wrote:
laundry

Elysium5 TLM.    4
Elysium5 Kyla.     1
Elysium5 2ofclubs   0
Elysium5 Mdhaglund. 0
Kyla TLM.       3
Kyla 2ofclubs     3
Kyla Mdhaglund.    1
TLM 2ofclubs     4
TLM Mdhaglund.    2
2ofclubs Mdhaglund.  0
Live long and prosper
Anaxagore wrote:
Janitors:
Anaxagore everyone (somehow snooping around the whole prison illegally 1
Anaxagore Rockbert - 2
Anaxagore wrote:
Obviously the person who potentially tried to bribe Abs is V98
Looking for that chat to judge
Virtuosity98 wrote:
D0 gardening, full chat (click to show)
You can see from this chat that I am encouraging communication and trying to solve the puzzle. Abs23 claims in bold some things related to his ability.

Part of my chat with Mada (click to show)
I received a rock-paper-scissors challenge, which I figured kind of matched Abs' description of himself (bold in previous spoiler). I let him know I was onto him in our private chat (next spoiler):

Chat V98/Abs23 (click to show)
After asking him if he chose rock, he knew I knew he was the "shady challenger". I figured that since the consequence of losing the challenge wasn't too bad for me, I'd choose to believe that he was going for rock, as he gave me his word. If it turned out he was lying, I would know 100% that he was an enemy. So I went paper, and lost because he lied and went scissors. I lost my ability to vote in this phase, but I gained the sure knowledge that Abs is lying to exploit me, and is a clear enemy.

Conclusion: Abs lied to me, admitting he is neutral and hinting that he gains lots of abilities by winning these rock paper scissors duels. So unfortunately for him, it's clear we should get rid of him. I believe a reading of the evidence is incriminating. That's why I voted #LYNCH Abs23
Day Actions: