Mafia Game Thread
  • 714 posts
  • Page 6 of 48
Kyla wrote:
hey everyone, so just making a recap for myself and others :)
Abs23 is a neutral who we do have to kill at some point because we win when all mafia AND neutrals are dead
Anaxagore feels bit suss about V98 because "Virtuosity is probably mafia for not hard pushing Abs since the beginning of the day phase."

Current Messages (click to show)

my thoughts:
I would be ok with keeping Abs23 alive for 2 days, but I'm going to vote him because it seems safer to me, 1 baddie down 4 to go. I would prefer kill a baddie instead of lynching randomly when it's more likely to get a prisoner. Also I don't see how he's a huge assistance to the town at this points because it's likely Abs23 will take abilities away from the prisoners since there's more of us at the moment?
does Tennesseelogman more when he's prisoner? or same either way?
even though V98 didn't out Abs23 straight away, he did do day 1. I think that's more of a prisoner move than a mafia move right, wouldn't a mafia try to manipulate them for a start and lynch them if they're desperate?
Kyla wrote:
sorry mistake
does Tennesseelogman talk more when he's prisoner? or same either way?*
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Nice to see so much activity in the thread :) as per usual, I'd like to hear from everyone, ideally :)

Anaxagore
Virtuosity is probably mafia for not hard pushing Abs since the beginning of the day phase.
You guys can fight.
Anax, you are telling me I am suss for not hard pushing Abs instantly. There's a few reasons I didn't:
1. I was playing a 5 hour board game (called Xia, it's really good!) with my family which didn't finish until much later, so I didn't have time to write my long evidence post straight away.
2. I wanted to see if anyone else had any good information for the group, since I knew that once I shared my discovery, the whole thread would be about Abs. So by waiting I increased the chances of good flow of information.
3. I actually did hard push Abs pretty early, only 4 hours after the deadline passed. That's pretty quick. I would have like to have waited a few more hours for some healthy discussion of other points/information before letting the sledgehammer drop, but it was past midnight here and I didn't want to leave it another 7 hours.

I think that's reasonably clear now.

The only downside to all this is that now the mafia can all just free-ride on this argument, and none of them will be rooted out during this phase... Maybe I should have waited until later to hard push Abs, eh Anax? :P
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Rockbert wrote:
I still think we need to know what happens to the power that Abs stole if Abs is lynched. Does it go back to the person it was stolen from or does it just dissolve into the ether?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Abs wrote:
So I can see that as I expected many are voting for me. Rockbert you make a very good point as if I get lynched, all my abilities go back to the people I took them from.

The other thing is that I can only steal abilities from mafia. Obviously I don’t know when I challenge someone if they are a prisoner or mafia but I get told if I win or lose and clearly that gives me valuable information to you prisoners on who to target as mafia.

So whilst removing me and moving a step forwards, you are likely taking 2 steps back as many of you on this chat have made clear who is a prisoner, my abilities go back to mafia and i Think I am stronger with you for now.

Also, I can 99% tell you the votes of at least 1 mafia will not be counted this turn as I stole it and my vote counts x3 this round. So do you also want to give me some advice on who I should be voting for?

Currently on #lynch V98

Abs wrote:
Kyla
hey everyone, so just making a recap for myself and others :)
Abs23 is a neutral who we do have to kill at some point because we win when all mafia AND neutrals are dead
Anaxagore feels bit suss about V98 because "Virtuosity is probably mafia for not hard pushing Abs since the beginning of the day phase."

Current Messages (click to show)

my thoughts:
I would be ok with keeping Abs23 alive for 2 days, but I'm going to vote him because it seems safer to me, 1 baddie down 4 to go. I would prefer kill a baddie instead of lynching randomly when it's more likely to get a prisoner. Also I don't see how he's a huge assistance to the town at this points because it's likely Abs23 will take abilities away from the prisoners since there's more of us at the moment?
does Tennesseelogman more when he's prisoner? or same either way?
even though V98 didn't out Abs23 straight away, he did do day 1. I think that's more of a prisoner move than a mafia move right, wouldn't a mafia try to manipulate them for a start and lynch them if they're desperate?

I can’t take abilities away from any prisoner…
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Abs23
The other thing is that I can only steal abilities from mafia. Obviously I don’t know when I challenge someone if they are a prisoner or mafia but I get told if I win or lose and clearly that gives me valuable information to you prisoners on who to target as mafia.
How convenient :) I wonder why you didn't say this earlier.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Abs wrote:
2ofclubs
Notice not a lot of folks are not talking much. Nothing from Rheisel my love :P and SHJENKE

I claim good prisoner and am TBH.
If I vote it be  #Lynch abs 
 better to die by vote vs mafia who could gain his powers. Then again he couldn't gain more if nobody plays rock scissor paper with him or can he?.

Good point, people don’t know if it is me challenging them, they just say they have a challenge and do they need to choose an option.
Abs wrote:
Also, here is proof that anyone I challenge can’t not play, and i Have a 66% chance of winning

Look at chat with Mada and v98:

Part of my chat with Mada (click to hide)
Madagascarter said:
06 Aug 2021, 18:28
You have been challenged by a shady person to a game of Rock Paper Scissors. If you win, you gain new abilities and extra votes, but if you lose you will lose (for 1 turn) your vote. You may not refuse. What is your choice? Rock Paper or Scissors?
Abs wrote:
Virtuosity98
Abs23
How convenient :) I wonder why you didn't say this earlier.

Because I had no idea if that was good or bad at the time as it’s all very new to me…you know everything I am saying is true as I have nothing to lose now but I want to help the prisoners as it’s better for me.

The fact you keep highlighting this, only makes me more confident you are Mafia!
Anaxagore wrote:
Abs claims he is a kind of cop that can know if he steals a mafia or not, but i didn't read that in his original pm so i'm okay to defenestrate him.
I may have not understood something

Anyhow I'm pretty sure we have a town cop. He should probably investigate Virtuosity tonight.
Madagascarter wrote:
Update

5 and a half hours of time left

Abs23 - 3 - Anaxagore, V98, 2ofclubs.   
V98 - 1 - Abs23.       

This is no counting the weight of everyone’s vote                     
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Kyla wrote:
Abs claims he is a kind of cop that can know if he steals a mafia or not, but i didn't read that in his original pm so i'm okay to defenestrate him.
I may have not understood something

Anyhow I'm pretty sure we have a town cop. He should probably investigate Virtuosity tonight.

How?? When did he claim cop?
Rockbert wrote:
If Abs was a cop, wouldn't he be town and not neutral? Also, there is just so much that seems fishy about what Abs is doing, so much talking it's like a smokescreen. That's how it feels to me anyway. We know he's neutral, he's admitted as much, so to be safe, I say #Lynch Abs23. Neutrals can't be trusted in this game and his info dump is getting stranger by the minute it seems. The safe bet I think is taking out a neutral early.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann