Game Thread!
  • 595 posts
  • Page 38 of 40
elysium5 wrote:
It is ok if mistakes were made. It was still fun!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
2ofclubs wrote:
Had fun ! That's what counts. 
Loads of misinformation. Heck I started believing my own. LOL
THANKS for hosting MADAGASCARTER

I am in for the next mafia game.
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
if there are 3 village and 2 mafia then lynch r4w / rock that leaves 2 and 1 and if no distraction available mafia kills 1 then no lynch then mafia kills the other. only if there was an exploding vest (as i was lead to believe) would it be possible for blue to die
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i want to be a good guy on the next game. gizmo = trader (somewhat) in the last game and mafia infiltrator this game. make me the nurse or a vanilla
Live long and prosper
Anaxagore wrote:
What about the explosive vest?

Sorry Virt. You really seemed scummy ;)

Thanks for.hosting Mad! I didn't know you were brothers.
Madagascarter wrote:
Right official ending post here we come then I’ll post everyone’s roles and the wacky ways they interacted with each other. I hope it explains any injustices you feel there were on the game.

endgame story (click to show)
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Madagascarter wrote:
Mafia Roles

Remlburc (click to show)
Bluegoetz (click to show)
Ready4War (click to show)

Neutral
TLM (click to show)
2ofClubs (click to show)

Village

Mdaglund - had to add in last moment so just made a role opposite to Rockberts (click to show)
Rockbert (click to show)
caseydentino (click to show)
V98 (click to show)
Hoodlum (click to show)
Rodd (click to show)
Elysium5 (click to show)
Vicious (click to show)

Firesword (click to show)
As you can see my Role PMs start to get shorter
Anaxagore (click to show)

AlexCheckmate (click to show)

Summer 2 Countdown

Rockbert wrote:
Wow. Well done Mada, that was fun! I look forward to the next one whoever puts it together. I am in! Well played everyone!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
Sorry Virt. You really seemed scummy ;)
All good! This is what makes mafia so fun :):)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
I've been writing up a new mafia game, I'd be very happy to host the next one if people want!

Question: would people prefer a forum-only mafia game (no private messaging between players)?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Madagascarter wrote:
Right time for my thoughts on the game. My main aim for this game was to see what would happen if a neutral was in the mafia chat and acted like one of them and wow I wasn't disappointed. That was crazy. At the beginning it seemed to give the mafia the edge as there was an extra player causing confusion and an extra player to jump on the numerous wrong village bandwagons and can I just say how well TLM did at getting all of your roles so early in the game! I think the only one he didn't know was V98's. This led to some really good kills by the mafia. Unfortunately he got inspected and after that, I thought it was the end of him but no, he survived continually which was pretty amazing. Until he came out. Of course he had to come out because Elysium5 had already taken his shot so he couldn't persuade him to shoot Bluegoetz. And it almost worked he almost had Bluegoetz lynched. Then after he'd try and work with R4W again to reach his win condition with a saving vote still in the bag. But even if he had of used his ability to stop the lynch on his death he wouldn't have won because then he would have just been shot the next night. Or lynched again. It was a really good run for TLM. I really don't know what more he could have done to get Rockbert to vote Blue.

Ok, so now I'll explain what was going on with Bluegoetz because that was a stumbling block in the game. So I didn't Blue but he gives the opposite result when people inspect him. So Rockbert would see him as Village and Mdaglund would see him as mafia but Mdaglund never inspected him. If Mdaglund did inspect Bluegoetz it would have used stronger language to say mafia than usual to persuade him that perhaps this was a real inspection rather than a false one again. I thought this was ok as well as the -2 lynch shield. Because TLM wanted him dead therefore I thought that TLM could persuade everyone that Blue was mafia. So that what was going on there.

Ok, I'll move onto Village VS Mafia. Before the game I thought that the village with their roles really should have won. There are so many abilities that could gleen infomation. The only difficulty was that there were a number of enemies with real threats. Both neutrals had to be sorted out and the mafia and the fact they all had fake role PM and could actually do their actions. But I really don't think the mafia were too OP and I think that if the village had had a better start then village could have won. There was all sorts of things that could have come into effect but didn't. V98's ability could have really slowed the mafia down, got rid of Blue. Hood could have and probably would have hit the mafia chat. There were over 400 messages I think. Bit TLM did very well to get everyones ability so early therefore the kills were calculated to be devestating.

Ok, people who think I ended too early. I didn't stop the night before because the only way village could win was casey giving the life explosive to someone. Then that person if targeted using it to kill Blue the next night while Ready4War was voted out. However casey didn't give the life explosive to anyone therefore if Ready4War died it would be 1V1 the next day because Ready4War and Rock were cursed together. If a villager died it would be 2v1. It was an error that cost the village the game.

However 2ofclubs really should have won. I gave casey the ability to heal wounded players if he wanted to as a night ability. And I think 2ofclubs sent the next nights actions too early and distracted Casey stopping him from being healed and winning the game the next night. What was up with Peter Velkman anyway? I thought you'd busted it when you said from Ghost busters. I wasn't basing this off any film. I like creating stories.

Ok, that's my thoughts. If anyone else has any thoughts or questions feel free to share.

I'm torn between giving MVP to either Blue or TLM. TLM kinda deserves it. Staying alive that long while being inspected neutral was impressive and getting the entire village except Rock to vote Blue was impressive too. Meanwhile with Blue, you avoid suspicion until the game was given away then you were still able to persuade Rock, to vote TLM. I actually don't know why Rock voted the way he did. I should reread the convosations between you because TLM posted pages of the the mafia chat to Rockbert to try and get him to change his mind.

Summer 2 Countdown

Rockbert wrote:
Virtuosity98
I've been writing up a new mafia game, I'd be very happy to host the next one if people want!

Question: would people prefer a forum-only mafia game (no private messaging between players)?

I am totally down for a new one! I have no preference. I can roll with whatever. Thanks for organizing!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Bluegoetz wrote:
I'm just happy to be nominated lol.
the drama and stress of Tenn switching on us was amazingly frustrating and fun. I am surprised we made it through that. I did slightly misunderstand my -2 and that lead me to believe that we would have tied on the last lynch. but worked out in multiple ways