Mafia game thread
  • 138 posts
  • Page 1 of 10
Kyla wrote:
Welcome all and good luck!

On the news there had been reports that mafia members have been recruiting people in various towns around New Zealand and assigning them with killing their own neighbors!! The town had hopes that they would not become apart of this but their hopes were dashed when they seen their beloved hero, dough_boy, dead outside near the bakery. A mark on his forehead revealed that he had been killed by this infamous mafia group. To show the mafia this town is not to be trifled with the mayor has announced that there be a lynching everyday until the mafia have been rid of in this sweet town!

Players Alive:
2. @elysium5
3. @AlexCheckMate
8. @Jimi

Dead:
1. Virtuosity98 ~ Townie
4. Hoodlum ~ Townie
5. Muzthebus ~ Suicide Bomber
6. Sygmassacre ~ Innocent Child
7. Anaxagore ~ Vigilante
9. dough_boy :'(

Roles:
Town (You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive) (click to show)
Mafia (You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead) (click to show)

Would recommend reading:
General Game Info (click to show)
Kyla wrote:
~ It is now day 1 ~

The day will end at 4am server time on the 30th of March just so people have time to be aware that the game has started. I have now sent out all role PMs, happy lynching!
Jimi wrote:
Hello my fellow Townies

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
elysium5 wrote:
Hello, Jimi. I am a Townie as well.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
Poor dough just cant shake the tradition lol.
Do we have a mafia/town split numbers-wise?
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Jimi wrote:
Lol Doughboy

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Jimi wrote:
Sygmassacre
Perhaps you can help us, syg

Batman
elysium5 wrote:
Sygmassacre

Judging by Kyla's layout of the roles in the very first post; here is a link in case you missed it: https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3130/kids-with-guns-mafia-game/post/54800#post-54800 it looks like the split is 6-2 :)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Anaxagore wrote:
Hey,

I'm a townie this time. Kind of glad not to be neutral again.

It's gona be a game only based on instinct cause i don't see other way to take decisions (without any investigator, or roleblocking kills).
Anaxagore wrote:
The only strategy I see to begin with is this:
-The Town Innocent Child claims his role right now.
-We all send our roles to him/her.
-He claims the double roles he found.
-Some people will be clear (at least one).

If that happened, i guess both mafia will claim to be vanilla (or else we would have two vigilante and the real one would know who to kill).
So the Innocent Child and the Vigilante would know each other.
After that i don't really know how to spot the 2 bad guys... it will probably be pure gambling... but clearing one person is right now the best thing we can do.

What do you guys think?
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hello =)
8 player game, with a setup I've never seen before - interesting.

I've seen 'regular' 7p games with 2 werewolves (/mafia), 1 seer (/investigator), 1 doctor (/role blocker), 3 townies - now with vigilante & innocent child does mix it up some.

Personally, I'm not too stoked about the long (? 24 & 48h) phases as well as their end timing (4am server time), but I suppose someone else might be way less energised from other numbers there, so that'll be fine.

Just read Anax' strategy... I'm not too sure whether I'd be in favour of it.... there is no defensive role in this game, so yes, the IC & V will know each other... but by the time the night falls, the IC will be taken out and the V is left alone with nothing... ? Having that said, I'm second guessing whether I'm analysing this correctly, because if I am... I do not understand why Anax would suggest it, I'd assume better play from him, provided he was town.

Anyway - don't want to drag myself into any accusation battles or anything (this early) already xD
Happy to hear some what other people think and hopefully we can construct some kind of plan.

Then something else - reading what Kyla wrote:
Order of night actions: All at once & attempting to kill them.
What does that mean? What if a mafia and the vigi target each other? Or if the mafia and the vigi both target the same one? Or is there something we do not know about... something that can prevent a kill?
Would be good to know - please clarify Kyla

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Muzthebus wrote:
nice to have a game going again...

fellow townies we have to get the win this time..:)

ill be reading up on everything later today so i am up to date.

Virtuosity98 wrote:
I might be missing something but this one looks impossible to draw conclusions (no investigator, no doctor). Unless these roles do actually exist but Kyla hasn't told us? Otherwise it seems like Anax said - just instinct...

@Syg, it looks like these are the roles:
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Vigilante
Innocent Child
Mafia Suicide Bomber
Mafia Goon
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
Lynch Alexcheckmate - i just have a gut feeling that it's jimi
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
The only strategy I see to begin with is this:
-The Town Innocent Child claims his role right now.
-We all send our roles to him/her.
-He claims the double roles he found.
-Some people will be clear (at least one).

If that happened, i guess both mafia will claim to be vanilla (or else we would have two vigilante and the real one would know who to kill).
So the Innocent Child and the Vigilante would know each other.
After that i don't really know how to spot the 2 bad guys... it will probably be pure gambling... but clearing one person is right now the best thing we can do.

What do you guys think?
AlexCheckMate
Hello =)
8 player game, with a setup I've never seen before - interesting.

I've seen 'regular' 7p games with 2 werewolves (/mafia), 1 seer (/investigator), 1 doctor (/role blocker), 3 townies - now with vigilante & innocent child does mix it up some.

Personally, I'm not too stoked about the long (? 24 & 48h) phases as well as their end timing (4am server time), but I suppose someone else might be way less energised from other numbers there, so that'll be fine.

Just read Anax' strategy... I'm not too sure whether I'd be in favour of it.... there is no defensive role in this game, so yes, the IC & V will know each other... but by the time the night falls, the IC will be taken out and the V is left alone with nothing... ? Having that said, I'm second guessing whether I'm analysing this correctly, because if I am... I do not understand why Anax would suggest it, I'd assume better play from him, provided he was town.

-Alex

So, Anax's strategy is indeed poorly thought-out (despite being based on good logic), because yes it would probably just get our only confirmed townie killed. However, I think there must be more non-vanilla townies who can protect or investigate, otherwise I truly don't see how mafia pretending to be townies can be caught. There's just no way to work it out. So, assuming we have a doctor of some sort, this strategy would work well: IC revealed, doctor protects him, and he knows the Vigilante. If there's an inspector, inspector can message the IC and we can get a lynch going.

Conclusion: this strategy only works of we have either a Doctor or an Investigator role. I've sent a message to Kyla for further clarification.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).