Mafia game thread
  • 138 posts
  • Page 6 of 10
Kyla wrote:
The FBI surround Virtuosity98 house with him inside his bedroom closet watching an online vote poll from the town where he has been voted to be lynched by 5 of his neighbors. "How could they??", he says to himself. He looks at his phones clock, the deadline has past. Shortly after he hears multiple bangs from doors breaking down and the sound of footsteps rushing through the house. Virtuosity98 reaches into his jacket for 2 pills then swallows them, the FBI find him shortly after this, dead. This is very out of character for the infamous mafia gang, he must be a normal townie.

~ It is now night 1 ~
elysium5 wrote:
Damn.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
first time I ever died first... gg :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
incase i die

Anaxagore said:
30 Mar 2019, 08:24 am
Are you the innocent child?
Anaxagore said:
30 Mar 2019, 09:59 am
Are you shooting me tonight?
Anaxagore said:
30 Mar 2019, 10:05 am
i guess we'll both die then ;)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Kyla
Mod note here:
- Thanks to those making the lynches bold font, could everyone do that, it's helpful :)
- I am open to changing the deadline to suit more people, I could probably do it at my lunch time at 12 (which is 11pm server time), is this better than what it is currently? (which is 5pm for me, 4am server time)

I know you cannot answer V98..... so it's not 'fair' to ask... but I do not quite understand why you didn't try to 'profit' from this offer? Might've been fully possible that Kyla was willing to delay the deadline we had today, to cater everyone, which might've saved you from the lynch (yes, far fetched, as you did get lynched with a huge margin, but yeah.... it was an idea oO). Then again, this was also something others could've requested. I planned to come online again last night, but didn't manage. Had I been there, I would've probably requested it, on grounds that all of this drama has started with a post of Muz, who after that didn't show up anymore at all to explain what's really going on..... making it a super awkward lynch.

I had not expected that V98 would be a townie... I actually thought he would be the IC. Therefore I dropped the idea of the IC coming out, if it might be needed to overcome some issues... I sort of want to say "We're in luck! Only a townie!" - but in an 8p game with 2 mafia, I'd dare say that every townie is sort of equally important. So instead of saying that, I'll say "Luckily only first day!" - it was the most likely outcome to lose a townie on the first day, but I do believe we have gained quite a bit of data, more than I expected. Hope we can work with it.

Then as a reaction to Kyla:

Yes! Altered update times would be superb! Especially the lynchtimes, if they could happen OUTSIDE of 'normal' sleeping times for us EUROS, I'd be very happy =) If this game goes anything like last game, being around at the deadline for lynches could be crucial. So your lunch time, for 11pm server time get's a +1 upvote from me ^^

So where do we stand now? 7 people, of which 2 mafia, 2 special town, 3 normal town.
After tonight at least 1 more town goes to the afterlife, possibly a 2nd or 1 of the mafia.

I'd be happy to hear some more from Muz, his late night post didn't help much... I can fully understand the inability of him to do more, after coming home late at night from a party, but it is kinda important here, ghehe.
As for my own lynch on Jimi, I would've probably changed it if I had been online last night, but not too certain... as in.... how? Neither V98 nor Muz seemed as likely mafia to me and I very much doubt I couldve forced a switch to someone else.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
it seems that anaxagore is implying that he is the vig rather than the mafia.

i'd like the mafia to shoot anaxagore, because he is as bad as mafia with his bad read on the game. i mean...he lynch voted for virt!
i'm a little worried about 5 of you that voted for virt and couldnt see that he was town. i say, get rid of this vigilante that is going to help mafia.
Anaxagore wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

At this point, everyone know i owe a gun, and i wouldn't want muz to pay the price after my death.

I'm still shooting someone tonight.

The Innocent better contact me soon.
Hoodlum wrote:
muz is mafia, and they were gonna kill you anyway anax.
u should take him out
Anaxagore wrote:
Before i take my bullet, i just want to share my guts (because there isn't and won't be anything else to rely on):

My list of suspects are, in order:

-Hoodlum: first i don't see Kyla giving you a vanilla role, you lynched muzz when he was supposedly vigi, defended virt as if he 100% knew he was town (probably one mafia lynched him to look divided), said 'lol' when virt died (as i kind of did when we got Hood lynched in the last game.. even though i wasn't referring directly to his death), suggested i shoot muz because he is mafia and manipulated me without any proof, as if he's okay as long as i don't shoot him, overall he acted less logically than usually and sometimes weirdly like his quote about remaining silent which makes no sense to me strategically speaking (maybe reverse psychology).
Sorry buddy but you're going 6 feet under with me. I will totally be wood spoon if my decision makes town loose.

-Jimi: said alex and I are mafia pro which sounds like kissing ass especially when he didn't play the only game alex played, someone told him to do so?

-Elysium: does play clean according to my intuition but i think Kyla could have chose him to be mafia.

-Muz: too inactive to be mafia, he's online but plays risk. The only weird thing is the 6:22 he posted but i just think he modified it as i asked before, or maybe he pplayed me by looking like he doesn't get the game and if he did congrats muz, but i doubt it. By the way he told me no one sent him pms so if that's not true you know what to do.
Spoiler (click to show)

-Alex: found out i was maybe vigi, i guess a mafia would have kept it for himself and shoot me, to then accuse muzz.

-Syg: looks clean, too clean?

Ps. I would have liked the Innocent Child to contact me, but i know it's not Hood so doesn't really matter.

Anyway this is just intuition. I would have played it really clean if i was mafia too so i might be completely wrong here.

Good luck townies
Jimi wrote:
Wow, because i said to you and Alex you are professional mafia players, someone should have told me to say so, therefore i am a mafia? what kind of logic is that. Btw i am not ass kissing, i was saying an observation that both of you put so much effort to read between the lines and put themselves in the mentality of each player with all the possibilities. And i didn't say that on ely or syg or hood, because i know they are professionals from previous games, but that was my first game with Alex, and maybe the second one or 3rd with you... I don't remember if we had more. And you write a lot (both of you) which is something I don't know how to do.. So i was sharing my admiration.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Anaxagore
At this point, everyone know i owe a gun, and i wouldn't want muz to pay the price after my death.

I'm still shooting someone tonight.

The Innocent better contact me soon.

I do indeed actually believe you are the vigi, as that would make the most sense. Also because I believe you are the (only) one who would make such a risky move and just randomly pick a player and get in contact with him, to make him do your bidding. As smart as you however find this, I do not. Whether it'll work out for us, or not. You know your own role, that least 7 left, of which 2 are mafia, so there's 30% chance that you contact a mafia..... you might want to think the number is lower, with your assumption of Muz not being mafia twice in a row, but I do hope that Kyla doesn't manipulate the randomness of the game... that wouldn't be right.

I have barely had any contact out of this forum, for this mafiagame. I do not know how much others have had, but I'll assume Anax had a LOT ^^
Therefore, I do hope he's got more of a plan, than just what he allows the public to know from posting in the forum. Hence the little activity in the forum now (which I can't really complain about, considering I haven't been all that active this weekend...), yet it does sting a bit.

On to the next post:

Anaxagore
Before i take my bullet, i just want to share my guts (because there isn't and won't be anything else to rely on):

My list of suspects are, in order:

-Hoodlum: first i don't see Kyla giving you a vanilla role, you lynched muzz when he was supposedly vigi, defended virt as if he 100% knew he was town (probably one mafia lynched him to look divided), said 'lol' when virt died (as i kind of did when we got Hood lynched in the last game.. even though i wasn't referring directly to his death), suggested i shoot muz because he is mafia and manipulated me without any proof, as if he's okay as long as i don't shoot him, overall he acted less logically than usually and sometimes weirdly like his quote about remaining silent which makes no sense to me strategically speaking (maybe reverse psychology).
Sorry buddy but you're going 6 feet under with me. I will totally be wood spoon if my decision makes town loose.

-Jimi: said alex and I are mafia pro which sounds like kissing ass especially when he didn't play the only game alex played, someone told him to do so?

-Elysium: does play clean according to my intuition but i think Kyla could have chose him to be mafia.

-Muz: too inactive to be mafia, he's online but plays risk. The only weird thing is the 6:22 he posted but i just think he modified it as i asked before, or maybe he pplayed me by looking like he doesn't get the game and if he did congrats muz, but i doubt it. By the way he told me no one sent him pms so if that's not true you know what to do.
Spoiler (click to show)

-Alex: found out i was maybe vigi, i guess a mafia would have kept it for himself and shoot me, to then accuse muzz.

-Syg: looks clean, too clean?

Ps. I would have liked the Innocent Child to contact me, but i know it's not Hood so doesn't really matter.

Anyway this is just intuition. I would have played it really clean if i was mafia too so i might be completely wrong here.

Good luck townies

It's good that you share this, although I guess half of it is untrue and the other half is susceptible to change - but that's fine :p

-Hoodlum, not too sure about, but he remains town in my eyes, although his behaviour today does make him lean more towards mafia from what I thought yesterday...
-Jimi - I wouldn't call it asskissing what he did; but yes, I also noticed it and found it weird - I do not know how to tie it to a role though.
-Elysium - I really do not understand why you want to connect roles to people with respect to how Kyla distributes..... is that common practise here? Because that really takes away from the game.......
-Muz... yeah... he's not really impressing me much this game either... but that, once again, doesn't have to have any connection to role. How would someone know that he'd go somewhat inactive and therefore not hand him an important role? It just doesn't make any sense. THIS however, also makes me doubt you some more. Out of all the people you could unfold your plan to, why Muz? Not to take away anything from Muz' skill or whatever, but I have trouble understanding why him - and the argument of, he was Mafia last game...... that doesn't fly with me (even though it could potentially be your real main reason...). I just mean to say, I would've probably picked someone else. The communcation between the two of you (I do believe this is true - faking it is too risky at getting caught), shows how hard it was for you to get your plan across....
-Me/Alex. No clue why a mafia would've kept it secret... but maybe that's just different playstyles we have. I try to share most of the information I spot in the topic, but I do try to do it in a 'hidden' way so people have to keep thinking for themselves. My playstyle is supposed to be rather similar for all roles I could have, otherwise a change in playstyle could be a tell on my role, which is....... no good? But yes, I did spot that it was quite likely you to be going on with Muz, the question however is..... didn't other people too? I can't imagine I was the only one..... and in that sense... you've been around with these people more, if spotting something and not sharing it is kinda common practise here, then the people of whom I suppose noticed it too, but didn't spill the beans, rise in suspicion for me...
-Syg, yeah, hard to get a proper read on - but I suppose that's because he really seems to know how to play =d

Just for my own sake of mind. Care to tell why you did what you did? Kinda........ all of it? :D As much as you want to share about it - kinda wondering here.

IRT Jimi

I am not along with Anax' opinion on the meaning of your 'ass kissing' - It just surprised me, not so much more than just that. In the previous game, I did indeed put quite a bit of effort, more than I wanted to and planned to..... but it just came to be....... this game, not so much (thus far) - for 1 because I do not want to get too far into it, especially on a first day with so few people... chances of being gone the next day are rather big AND there ain't much that can be done (well... unless you go for hero movements like Anax, ghehe). Anyway, I do not see myself as a pro, I'm just a guy with a mind who puts it to use in an analytical and logical way, along with some psychology. I do write a lot though, can't deny that, ghehe - I've had some people just simply write NO to me, to avoid me typing even more :D

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Kyla wrote:
Hey guys, sorry I'm a little late and tired to do little story.

In the night there were two deaths
- Hoodlum the townie died
- Anaxagore the vigilant died

~ it is now day 2 ~

Players Alive:
2. @elysium5
3. @AlexCheckMate
5. @Muzthebus
6. @Sygmassacre
8. @Jimi

Dead:
1. Virtuosity98 ~ Townie
4. Hoodlum ~ Townie
7. Anaxagore ~ Vigilante
9. Dough_boy ~ Hero
Kyla wrote:
Day 2 ends at 11pm server time, just reminding everyone, in a bit more than a day and a half
elysium5 wrote:
5 of us alive, 2 are mafia and only 3 town. Not looking good for us.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."