Mafia game thread
  • 138 posts
  • Page 2 of 10
Anaxagore wrote:
@Alex, you are right. If we do what i said then the child will probably die (unless mafia prefer to shoot someone they fear).
But does the innocent child serves other purpose?
Maybe it's better to wait but i don't really see why at the moment, he may die any night. Also, maybe the vigilante will shoot night one and knowing the child would increase probabilities for him to shoot right.

Otherwise i thought of something tricky. Maybe Kyla sent the Pm in a kind of order and thus the time the Pm were sent could be a hint.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Ok.... don't get me wrong here..... I know I said last game that I felt let down a bit by activity of some people at some points... but that wasn't meant to imply that this game should reverse that completely :D

I truly do believe we're in the simple setup as drafted out by V98:

Virtuosity98
Looks like these are the roles:
Town: 6x
Townie 4x, Vigilante, Innocent Child
Mafia: 2x
Mafia Suicide Bomber, Mafia Goon

With this setup, we'll need to flush the ugly ducklings out by straight up reasoning - there's barely any information that can be obtained through other sources. As such, I am not in favour of too much activity on the first day. Sure, it's good to get some strategies and what not flying all about - but we should not spam the place - that'll make it easier to hide. There's about 60h left for the first day to come to a lynch...., which we'll have to base on gut feeling - then probably land in some claiming, as the first target will not want to walk to the gallows, probably switch to a 2nd target and maybe even a 3rd ;d after the first lynch & night, we'll have a bit of data to work with. Try and distil into useful information and hope for a grounded lynch on day2.

@Anax
Of course the IC serves a purpose and ofc there's a risk in 'saving' his/her purpose - with the same logic going for the vigi. However, the risk of waiting is the lowest at the start of the game and the 'risk' of gains grow with every day passing by. If the vigi decides to shoot on day/night 1..... then I suppose we're 'blessed' with a vigi that either has perfect judgement skills, or just loves to gamble :D

PM checking...... ghehe, I'll hand it to you that it is creative :P but I find it hard to relate anything to the outcome... topic created 6:17, 2nd post with all roles out 6:23 - so i'll assume 8 role PMs send out between 6:17-6:23 (fits for my pm)... but yeah... that's about it :<

Please do not see this as me just shooting down every idea someone gives without offering ideas myself.... I just do not think there's anything we can currently do that has any real use/added value towards the goal... other than maybe trying to get a full grasp of what this particular game precisely entails (ask Qs to the host).

@Kyla - another Q for you!
What if there's a tie in lynching? 4 on X and 4 on Y? or 3 on X, 3 on Y, 2 on Z - then what? Or 4 on X, 3 on Y, 1 on Z, yet just before the deadline, the vigi takes down 1 of the people that voted for X? Or....... just about any other scenario you could think of that might benefit from some clarifying remarks from your side ;d

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
What if there's a tie in lynching? 4 on X and 4 on Y? or 3 on X, 3 on Y, 2 on Z - then what? Or 4 on X, 3 on Y, 1 on Z, yet just before the deadline, the vigi takes down 1 of the people that voted for X? Or....... just about any other scenario you could think of that might benefit from some clarifying remarks from your side ;d

-Alex

Pretty sure the vigilante can only kill in the night phases... at least that's how it's been in other games.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
I understand your point Alex but i think waiting for mafia to shoot us is not ideal.
It's ideal for them.
No info will come out of waiting. We can just hope they shoot vanilla to increase our probabilities but i think the vigi should not take the risk of waiting to be killed.
Personnaly i think we should lynch today. Gambling is our only weapon here.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
I understand your point Alex but i think waiting for mafia to shoot us is not ideal.
It's ideal for them.
No info will come out of waiting. We can just hope they shoot vanilla to increase our probabilities but i think the vigi should not take the risk of waiting to be killed.

I'd argue that us gambling on a 0,25 chance is their biggest weapon, not ours :<
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
Pretty sure the vigilante can only kill in the night phases... at least that's how it's been in other games.

Correct! It even says so in the first post! So the vigi has no influence on the lynch wrt changing the lynch#s Mea culpa.

Anaxagore
It's ideal for them.

I do want to lynch in our first phase. I just do not want to use other assets already (IC/Vigi), I'd save them for the 2nd lynch (or maybe even later? depends on game dynamics). I'm not sure whether I should try to invest energy in trying to make you realise how flawed the idea is of outing our hidden forces, or whether you're just trolling me (not kidding actually). However, all I know is that the more I'm writing in here on the first day, the worse it'll portray me :D No point in being high profile, yet am already slipping in that direction^^

With that said, I do believe that say after..... 48h? the amount of posts and their content can help indicate who's got what role and somewhat of an argument can be made for a lynch on person A.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Sygmassacre wrote:
Personally i like anax's idea. We have plenty of time to have the IC publish their findings and they can ask the mod to confirm their role. At the very least mafia will double claim or be silent. At best they will suicide and then its a process of elimination to find the last one, assuming there are only 2
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Kyla wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Then something else - reading what Kyla wrote:
Order of night actions: All at once & attempting to kill them.
What does that mean? What if a mafia and the vigi target each other? Or if the mafia and the vigi both target the same one? Or is there something we do not know about... something that can prevent a kill?
Would be good to know - please clarify Kyla

-Alex

If the vigi and mafia player target each other they will both die. If the mafia player suicide bombs the vigi before the night is over when the vigi has targeted him then I will kill the vigi only. If mafia and vigi target same guy he will be double dead. All the roles are shown, I accidentally forgot to put x4 Townies, my bad

AlexCheckMate

-Alex

Vigi shot is a night action. No lynch if there is a tie

If there's any other confusion please let me know!
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Kyla
I will read through the comments soon, to be honest I stole the setup, https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Kids_With_Guns

If I understand that game correctly... it would not allow communication behind the scenes, other than just the mafiosi :o
Anyway, nice steal/modification, ghehe - easy candy!

Kyla
If the mafia player suicide bombs the vigi before the night is over when the vigi has targeted him then I will kill the vigi only.

I do assume you say what you wish to say, as in - it being correct. But are you sure that when someone SUICIDES they stay alive (when the target also targetted them)?

Ty for the answers Kyla! =)

-Alex

― Albert Einstein
Kyla wrote:
I would like no communication behind the scenes (besides mafia) but it's hard to do

Oh yeah may bad, thanks Alex ^^ both will die
Kyla wrote:
I meant to say, if the suicide bomber kills vigi before the night is over and vigi targets someone then the vigi shot will not go through
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Kyla
I would like no communication behind the scenes (besides mafia) but it's hard to do

Oh yeah may bad, thanks Alex ^^ both will die

Hard? Why?
Just impose the rule and assume people have some dignity and follow the rule? I've seen it at more places, never gave any problems really... I have no trust issues with people's integrity over here. If they prove me that I'm naive.... so be it. I'll not be naive with them again another time ;)

Ty 4 the update on the Japanese figher pilot, ghehe =d

― Albert Einstein
Jimi wrote:
Wow, so much to read, anax and alex you are professional mafia players guys, but I like anax idea of pm timing from Kyla

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Jimi
Wow, so much to read, anax and alex you are professional mafia players guys, but I like anax idea of pm timing from Kyla

When I hosted I sent the PMs in a random order to avoid speculation of this kind - Kyla probably did the same :/
Day Actions: