Mafia game thread
  • 138 posts
  • Page 9 of 10
Kyla wrote:
Oh forgot lil story..

Sneaky snake bite Jimi, sneaky snake actually part of mafia ^^

Probably should extend day for these types of lynches but I dont know how to clean up my end of game hosting so I want to end game, GG guys!
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Thanks everyone for playing!

You did indeed make a little mistake Kyla, by making the lynch come in EARLY (21h) instead of LATE (3h). Shift in DST and being unfamiliar with actual differences in server/NZ time gave a hiccup. That said, it would not have made a difference for almost complete certainty. So nothing to worry about imo.

Me and Muzthebus had alarms set to place our actions a few minutes before the lynch deadline.
As Muz would suicide + kill Syg, I would quickly alter my lynch to Jimi.

Then it would just be me and elysium5 left into the night => I use the mafia factional kill => game over.

There would in fact not be a need to extend the day, as all the roles are publicly available. The players for town should have realised something fishy was going on... there should be a reason that Muz wasn't doing anything.... just kind of 'stalling' the game. They could start to figure out that Muz was indeed mafia and to be specific, the one that could suicide himself + another target of his choice. This realisation however never came and although possible, I do not think it would've popped up in the remaining hours.... anyway - we'll never know for sure!

Thank you kyla for hosting! =)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Wow Alex you were honestly bottom of my suspects list... :oooh:
gg well played everyone... and nice hosting Kyla, I don't think you made a mistake since Muz's role was publicly there to be read. It made no difference anyway.
I look forward to the next game - hopefully we can get at least 10 players (this one was over in like two phases ^^)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
Congrats Muz and Alex!
Sorry again for my complete misread.
Thanks for hosting Kyla.
Hoodlum wrote:
congrats. alex & Muz. hey, i did vote to lynch both these guys btw. :D
you guys really have to stop suspecting me all the time. lol
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
That last post was suspect, Hoody.

#Lynch Hoodlum
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Muzthebus wrote:
LOL thx guys.

Alex did most of the work..

but dang that's roug being maafi 2x in a row..

GG

thx for hosting kyla!
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
congrats. alex & Muz. hey, i did vote to lynch both these guys btw. :D
you guys really have to stop suspecting me all the time. lol

Haha, that is right, you did at one point or another try to get the both of us lynched...... although I'm still not sure what that thing vs me was - please elaborate:
https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3130/kids-with-guns-mafia-game/post/54815#post-54815
Hoodlum
Lynch Alexcheckmate - i just have a gut feeling that it's jimi
Doesn't seem like you really wanted to get me lynched, just figured I'd be one of the people who'd deal with it properly without causing mass hysteria :p

Note, a bit later on in the topic:
https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3130/kids-with-guns-mafia-game/post/54902#post-54902
Hoodlum
i mean, it's a full proof plan against newbies, but you guys aren't newbies.
obviously, muz and partner is maybe taking advantage of the fact that some of us miss the roles given out by kyla. maybe it was modified at a later time, im only just reading everything now. maybe it wasn't there before?

can you believe alexcheckmate missed it?

AlexCheckMate
My spideysense is tingling - something is wrong here.

I do not believe Muz just came up with what he did - there is more going on - what? I dunno.
For the time being, I do not have the time to look into it properly - hope to do so in ~150min from now (not too long then either... traveling for the weekend).

-Alex

muz didnt come up with anything. alex surely didn't miss it at the start, that's uncharacteristic of alex..
so im gonna gather that kyla modified it later and it was missed that way.
You were even 'defending' my 'stupidity' of not noticing something (I did notice it - you just didn't notice that i noticed / you misinterpreted my writing) :p That surely doesn't look like suspecting me/getting me lynched, would've been much better ways for trying to get that done :D

https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3130/kids-with-guns-mafia-game/post/54932#post-54932
https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3130/kids-with-guns-mafia-game/post/54936#post-54936

How did you figure Anax should be taken out? Or was that just 'play' between the two of you in PMs (that got a lil' serious.. as Anax did actually gun you down oO)? How did you figure Muz was mafia? I suppose you insisting on your gut and conveying that to Anax, made him more aware of you and figured you truly were mafia and should be taken out...

I'm also still very much interested to hear from you what made you put this signature up: if i keep quiet like a mouse, no one will suspect me

IRT Muz

being maafi 2x in a row... rough? what's this? lol - can someone explain? I guess maafi played in some mafia games too and got wrongfully taken out by town?

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
I'm also still very much interested to hear from you what made you put this signature up: if i keep quiet like a mouse, no one will suspect me
Literally every other game made him put that signature - doesn't matter what Hood says, someone will want to lynch him hahaha

AlexCheckMate
IRT Muz

being maafi 2x in a row... rough? what's this? lol - can someone explain? I guess maafi played in some mafia games too and got wrongfully taken out by town?
Muz meant to write "mafia" not "maafi" (probably autocorrect). It's rough being mafia two games in a row.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
AlexCheckMate
Literally every other game made him put that signature - doesn't matter what Hood says, someone will want to lynch him hahaha

AlexCheckMate
IRT Muz

Muz meant to write "mafia" not "maafi" (probably autocorrect). It's rough being mafia two games in a row.

Shouldve totally seen that, haha.
Might actually see it as a blessing to be mafia twice in a row :p as it's not really expected, you can profit from it ;d (notice Anaxagore picking Muz as his 'target' for being mafia in the previous game already ;d)

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
if i was kyla, i'd be curious to see how alex plays mafia. therefore. that's why i went with you as my sacrifice vote, but also 2 kill two birds with one stone, it could mean less reading too, if you got lynched. it was no surprise that syg voted with me, he usually does. when muz, came out as vigilante, and virt lynched muz, i assumed that virt was the real vig. it so hard to lynch muz,..when i was a bad guy. couldn't do it. last game, and this game. no more noob excuses for muz :D
virt is right...i doesn't matter what i say..i shoulda stayed quiet like a mouse...
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Kyla wrote:
It was an captivating game to host. Muz had quite a smooth ride, all he had to do was work with town. Mvp mafia would probably go to Alex tho since Muz just did what he was told and got lucky. I'm not sure about Mvp town, all went down hill. Probably would have had a good chance if you guys kept Virtuosity98 around. BTW I looked at when I sent the Role pms, all at the same time ^^ also I started from top of list to bottom to avoid people trying to figure out roles from that. And roles were completely random. The way I usually do it ;)
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
if i was kyla, i'd be curious to see how alex plays mafia. therefore. that's why i went with you as my sacrifice vote, but also 2 kill two birds with one stone, it could mean less reading too, if you got lynched. it was no surprise that syg voted with me, he usually does. when muz, came out as vigilante, and virt lynched muz, i assumed that virt was the real vig. it so hard to lynch muz,..when i was a bad guy. couldn't do it. last game, and this game. no more noob excuses for muz :D
virt is right...i doesn't matter what i say..i shoulda stayed quiet like a mouse...

As Kyla just pointed out and as I also wrote to Anaxagore, you guys shouldn't be assuming roles get distributed in a non-random fasion; that is not how the game is intended.
Lolz at the auxiliary reason xD If you do not want to read (a lot), then mafia might not be the right game for you :p It's all about communication and finding flaws/mistakes/lies/inaccuracies in the data which gets presented to you

Still doesn't explain why you wrote the part about Jimi as a reason for the lynch? :roll: or is that a typo? you actually wanted to say ACM there?.
Yeah, team mafia got lucky that you incriminated yourself enough, in the eyes of Anaxagore, to be worthy of a shot of his gun :p Although that also gave us a bit of a problem for the lynch... how to proceed? But then I remembered about this suicide thing and went with that (would've preferred to stay both alive, lynch someone else - wanted Muz to come with some story of someone else (elysium?) also claiming to be IC at him... but he wasn't around really and that never happened; trying that too late in the day would never work - too suspicious.

IRT Kyla

Ghehe, Muz was enjoying the champagne showers for sure :D partying it up and dealing with the aftermath of an extreme hangover ;d
All at the same time for role pms? So you send them 8 out in 60 secs? That's pretty slick :o

Role PM by Kyla (click to show)

Also, laughed a bit at being called a goon xD

Also...... still waiting for V98's math :o

Chitchat with V98 (click to show)

Come on! Don't keep me curious :D Spill the beans.

-Alex

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Also...... still waiting for V98's math :o
Sadly, just as I was getting pen to paper, I was brutally lynched by all the townies because I accused one of the mafia of being one of the mafia. ^^
Day Actions: