Mafia game thread
  • 138 posts
  • Page 7 of 10
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Anaxagore
Sorry guys, Sorry Hoodlum..
I'm definitely wood spoon here.

Figured I'd just share this. I doubt it really means anything, but I believe in transparancy. Of course I realise that Anax is dead now, so he can't confirm that this is indeed our conversation, nor can he say I made shizzle up - so feel free to question it.

Talking with Anaxagore (click to show)

I went to bed at about 2314, so didn't see/read/react them last messages (keep in mind, for us Europeans the clock was sped up by an hour last night, so this 2314 servertime, was already 0114 my time...). If I had thought I could persuade Anax to do stuff differently, I might have tried harder, but I didn't see this happening (experience from last mafia game with him). Secondary reason.... I wouldn't have a clear target for him... I wrote my ideas on people in the forum, I did not exactly have anything airtight on anyone, so wouldn't want to be leading him into a foxhole.

Anyway, what's done is done - and it's a bad thing for town, obviously.

Quick thinking: IC should come out today. I am not IC, so I can not do it (just regular townie, cinnamum bun, ghehe). Why? Because as Elysium pointed out, there's 5 people left, of which 2 are mafia, therefore we MUST lynch a mafia in order to still REMAIN in the game (it's not even winning yet...) - as I did point out to Anax... his shot was likely to go false... but that statement was based on my information of NOT having information. If he did have extra information, he couldve had a proper chance of taking out a mafia... but apparently, that was not the case?

I see two options now.

1) we all say what we think => we get a lynch going. If this lynch appears to be on the IC, by accident, s/he can claim IC and we can get another new lynch going.
2) IC comes out right now => we lynch someone other him him/her

Probably #1 is the best strategy

I've given my view on just about everyone, if others would do this too, we might be able to do something with this complex puzzle.

At this point, I am most curious about what Muz has to say.... regardless of his busy party weekend, living up the good life, Champaign Showers etc..... he surely has a lot of data that we should have access to too. Not sharing it would be seen as quite suspicious to me.

Also, note that Hoodlum mentioned he suspected Muz of being mafia. In a sense, it makes sense, simply because he didn't believe the muz claim.... as did V98. And they were right. However, they didn't anticipate on Muz being controlled by the vigi, Anax. So I'm not too sure what to think here - would like to see what others make of this. As such, I can not really label Muz yet. My labelling on Muz will be formed today, based on his (lack of) posting/content today.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Jimi wrote:
Hey, why not Elysium? His reaction to Vir death was so cold as an artificial sadness... He is also smart enough not to share so many thoughts to shed light on his role.
I guess he is one of them.

Also you Alex, its very consuming to follow all your strategies, but easier to understand why you write so much if you are a mafia, you have this gift of talking sense, but maybe to cover on a lie.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Sygmassacre wrote:
Im the IC. Kyla will confirm. I claimed to muz but he never told anax. Mafia wouldnt want him to know any more townies. This isnt definitive proof he is mafia, he could have just not trusted anax's claim. But without a counter claim it had to be true more often than not. True enough for him to false claim publicly.

#Lynch Muz
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Muzthebus wrote:
@kyla when is the deadline for voting?

not a great start fellow townies...:(

Kyla wrote:
Sygmassacre is sided with the town.

Day ends on the 2nd at 11pm server time
elysium5 wrote:
#Lynch Muz
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jimi wrote:
Lynch Muz

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Jimi
Hey, why not Elysium? His reaction to Vir death was so cold as an artificial sadness... He is also smart enough not to share so many thoughts to shed light on his role.
I guess he is one of them.

Also you Alex, its very consuming to follow all your strategies, but easier to understand why you write so much if you are a mafia, you have this gift of talking sense, but maybe to cover on a lie.

I didn't just reread what I said, I'm just going by memory here - didn't I say I had a bad read on him? Can't raelly gauge him? So yeah, he can be oO

I'm not sure why it would be easier to understand as mafia? Gift of talking sense? Feel free to watch the other mafia game, I believe I'm not much different here, than I was there (except less active now - this weekend was poorly timed for me xD) - I'm back now though!

I'll place a placeholder lynch on Muz now: #Lynch Muz
I do not understand how syg can accuse him and he doesn't respond at all.... nor does he respond on my request for providing us with more info... don't know whether it's due to weekend, or somewhat #care, or just because he can't defend against it (= him being mafia). One way or another, we need to lynch correctly today, so I do want to hear more.

Good that syg is outed as IC, so there's 1 person who we know not to lynch. Not sure why he came out right away though, I think coming out after we tried to get more data wouldve been more beneficial, but what's done is done.

We're with 5 people.
Syg is clear, leaves 4. Of which 2 are mafia. That's me, elysium, jimi, muz. Muz is getting pressurised now, due to his start with Anax. I'm getting a bit of a squeeze due to talking a lot? Muz is lynching Elysium, without any reasoning why??? And Jimi is just there. We'll need to reveal more of ourselves to give us the best chances.

Direct questions to Muz:
Did syg indeed contact you? Did he say he was the IC? Did you talk with syg? anything useful? did you discus any of this with Anax? We need words out of your mouth Muz. Whether you're town or mafia, you'll need to speak up if you wish to live another day and see your goals come clearer.....

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Kyla wrote:
Vote Count:
~ (4) Muzthebus (Sygmassacre, elysium5, Jimi, Alexcheckmate)
~ (1) elysium5 (Muzthebus)
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Oh wow, I had totally not seen Jimi lynched Muz too :<
I must've started writing my post before Jimi posted..... and then I never saw there was a new post, so never checked in again ;d

The lynches by elysium, Jimi and Muzthebus could most certainly use some extra explanation...

To me, it feels like town is just going #YOLO. We should be pressuring everyone to contribute - soften up the people and get the information to galore! Or...... indeed just go with this....

Then either a mafia is lynched => game continues (IC gets slain), we're left with 3... need to lynch correctly again.
Or a townie get's lynched => game over.

So therefore, we might already start discussing who our 2nd lynchtarget would be, see if there's consensus - and, we can use this info, to perhaps spot the connection between the 2 mafia. It's thin, but it's at laest something.......

-Alex

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
My explanation? Muz's play has been strange and I already knew Syg was the IC before he came out so easy decision to go along with his vote.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
Well assuming this game goes another phase I would normally pick the person who has suggested the most suspects. There arent many ways to hide whilst talking in the forums when there are only 2 of them but they have to be active in some small way.

So far Jimi has suggested hood and ely, one which has been proven to be town. However, he did vote to lynch muz right after be claimed. Maybe getting out in front of this eventual scenario could have been a tactic all along or maybe he is just as he seems to be, a townie.

I think the other person would be one hiding in plain sight which is ely
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I suppose it is fair to assume Muz is indeed just 1 of the mafia. No matter how cluttered his schedule is, I do not believe he wouldn't make an effort at all to try and get people to NOT lynch him. He has been online and he has posted some, but none of which shows any reason as to why people shouldn't lynch him. Only 12h remain.

Therefore, I would already wish to continue with the thought that the mafia knew about Anaxagore straight from the bat. This must've given them a great advantage, provided they worked with it. Which makes me think that not only Muz is rather inactive/inexperienced, but his buddy too. Otherwise I'd assume the 2nd mafia would guide/pressure Muz into some logical steps - steps which he does not seem to have taken at all. The interactions between Muz & Anaxagore, as well as the execution of the plan by Muz (while trying to double cross Anax), support the idea of little 'control' of the mafia of the situation.

Rereading what I wrote..... this just sort of seems like a plea for myself, haha

elysium5
My explanation? Muz's play has been strange and I already knew Syg was the IC before he came out so easy decision to go along with his vote.

How did you know syg was IC? And why would you therefore follow his vote? Yes, you can be sure he's on towns side, so won't try to manipulate you, but what makes his vision on the game better than your own?

-Alex

― Albert Einstein