Atlanteans vs IA Mafia game
  • 249 posts
  • Page 3 of 17
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hey, any progress on working things out? I'm struggling to understand how the town can make any progress. Obviously mafia will just wait for everyone to claim and then claim the last few roles to blend in.... But if town doesn't claim then how can we make progress? Inspections are too random at this point in time and with hypnotisms, transports, distractions and jails how will we even know of inspection results are reliable?
The key player right now has to be Ivar Ragnarsson: tracks who someone visits, or is visited by at night.
His conclusions are the most reliable and useful at this point.

So is this way of thinking right? Anyone agree or disagree with me?

Wait! I just reread Anax's post - Do the mafia know which four roles are fake??? (Anax please answer this :))

If they know the four fakes then they have no need to wait for claiming a role... So yes, basically for the time being the only thing the town can do is use Ragnarsson to check who visits who to see if it matches people's claims.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
Each mafia player has a fake role to blend in (it was to avoid a game based on double claim). Same for Patrick Bateman. Although they can't perform the action described in their fake role.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
Each mafia player has a fake role to blend in (it was to avoid a game based on double claim). Same for Patrick Bateman. Although they can't perform the action described in their fake role.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

elysium5 wrote:
By removing the double claims and giving them fake roles to blend in, doesn't that just take away the work needed for them to try and blend in and give a huge advantage to mafia?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Vicious wrote:
well I'm confused of course, main reason I haven't commented. at this point only a couple people seem to be playing so far. but I am here an onboard. trying to make sence of it all. I am definitely town an looking for sum citizens to make sence of this confusion wit me.
Anaxagore wrote:
GM_Archiee was found dead. He was Cleopatra, an Atlantean.

Still in game:  8 Atlanteans  -  3 IA  -  1 Psychopath

It's DAY 2
Hoodlum wrote:
Lynch Kyla - One kill - she was inactive Last active: 04 Jan 2019, 09:45 pm
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Unless GM_Archiee saved someone before he died. anyone get saved?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Muzthebus wrote:
sry guys ill do my best to stay active.
but my first rodeo..
lol and it is very confusing.
but i think i understand it some what now...

ill do my best.. i was told rule number1 is dont trust hoodlum is that correct?  ;)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Took me a while to understand why Hoodlum wants to lynch Kyla...
The penny finally dropped but I'm explaining it here because it confused me - there was only one kill, when there should have been two: one for the mafia and one for the psychopath. This would suggest that either the mafia boss or the psychopath was an inactive player.
That heaps suspicion upon Kyla who didn't log in during the night phase.
Unless GM_Archiee saved the other player from the second kill.

Question: does GM_Archiee get three final words or are we not playing that rule?
Would be interesting to hear who he tried to save.

It would be great if people came and said if they got distracted, jailed, hypnotised, or transported because then the town could start figuring out which roles are real and which are fake.
I'll start: as far as I know nothing happened to me during the night.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Actually there are many more possibilities to explain the one kill scenario.

1. Kyla was inactive and missed the opportunity to kill
2. GM_Archiee saved the second kill target
3. Moctezuma II jailed the kill target
4. Moctezuma II jailed the killer
5. Mafia distracts the psychopath
6. Salomon sells a drug to distract, then the buyer distracts the killer
7. Psychopath strategically waits instead of killing (seeing Kyla inactive and wanting to frame them OR some other motive)
8. Mafia strategically waits instead of killing (strategically flawed logic but still possible)

I admit that number 1 is a very plausible explanation, but the others can't be discounted either.

Here's the punchline: I know Hoodlum is clever enough to see these other possibilities, so why did he jump to such an aggressive conclusion? Those of us who know Hoodlum should see this behaviour as VERY SUSPICIOUS.

@Hoodlum: |)
Day Actions:

Anaxagore wrote:
Virtuosity98
Question: does GM_Archiee get three final words or are we not playing that rule?

Dead players can't talk.

Virtuosity98
Impossible night 1, the buyer of Salomon (if there is one) cannot use his gift the same night he paid for it.

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
Virtuosity98

Dead players can't talk.

Virtuosity98
Impossible night 1, the buyer of Salomon (if there is one) cannot use his gift the same night he paid for it.

OK, thanks for clearing those up Anax, great hosting so far :thumbs:

So one of my theories was wrong but 7 are still possible (even though number 8 is unlikely).
Day Actions:

Kyla wrote:
Sorry guys had 2 b days to go to and complety forgot about this