Corruption Town (Mafia Thread)
  • 453 posts
  • Page 3 of 31
dough_boy wrote:
MarcESK
I can safe myself. I won't die on the nights. I feel pretty safe right now, maybe I will get #lynched day1 because I'm a honest player but you need to take risks to win against the mafia players.

I am not saying you are lying...and you might not be. I am however curious about this tactic. Telling people you are immune is one that Hood played last game (fake role or not). You convince us to not actually lynch you during the day, and we never have any way of knowing if you in fact survived the night because you saved yourself. Typically the Doc lays low (and never reveals themselves publicly). 

Maybe this is a good tactic, but I will be careful to not let it go on too long without validation from the inspector that you are who you say you are. If you are not the real Dr. I am sure the real one wouldn't come forward to dispute you...
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I forgot to say, can Harry Bosch send me a PM?

I wonder how many PM will I get?
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Hoodlum wrote:
@cheeky
i didn't claim to be V. don't know where you read that.

and unless someone has a silent lynch vote (which i plan to use as a kidnappers power in the next town of token) then this is the only thing that could make me look like i am lying about my role, if madagascarter ends up getting lynched. 
If I was mafia, i'd be using that secret lynch vote towards mada, so that it makes hoody look questionable...but i'm doubtful there is a secret lynch vote.
:)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
MarcESK wrote:
dough_boy
MarcESK
I can safe myself. I won't die on the nights. I feel pretty safe right now, maybe I will get #lynched day1 because I'm a honest player but you need to take risks to win against the mafia players.

I am not saying you are lying...and you might not be. I am however curious about this tactic. Telling people you are immune is one that Hood played last game (fake role or not). You convince us to not actually lynch you during the day, and we never have any way of knowing if you in fact survived the night because you saved yourself. Typically the Doc lays low (and never reveals themselves publicly). 

Maybe this is a good tactic, but I will be careful to not let it go on too long without validation from the inspector that you are who you say you are. If you are not the real Dr. I am sure the real one wouldn't come forward to dispute you...

Well last game went really smooth for me after I announce im the Doc. :P That is my tactic.
Spoiler (click to show)
17 roles, 17 players, no fake roles. Get the facts straight.

True the same tactic worked for Hoodlum but he had a different tactic as well which why I trusted him the entire last game on.
Spoiler (click to show)
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Ok so Marc is another person overreacting to my opinions. Yes they're quite possibly wrong but they're generating discussion. Now it's clear that some people's do start that way so your fake role PM isn't 100% a dud just yet. Dough is being objective which I like for village but I'm not ready to take that at face value yet. Muzuane I think is most trustworthy so far.
You have a keen military mind Pod...
MarcESK wrote:
CheekyTeeky
Ok so Marc is another person overreacting to my opinions. Yes they're quite possibly wrong but they're generating discussion. Now it's clear that some people's do start that way so your fake role PM isn't 100% a dud just yet. Dough is being objective which I like for village but I'm not ready to take that at face value yet. Muzuane I think is most trustworthy so far.
No role PM from you, only incriminating. #ItsAMatterOfFacts
Spoiler (click to show)
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Lol yep keep going scum. If you're the real doc then you're a fool to claim in a set-up where you can only protect against one shot in a 2 mafia faction game. ^^
dough_boy wrote:
MarcESK
17 roles, 17 players, no fake roles. Get the facts straight.

There doesn't have to be fake roles. Anyone could counterclaim that you are the Dr. Generally the only one willing to do that would be the real Dr...but they would be smart enough to not claim publicly because then the mafia would have a known target. Your move has been employed by the mafia before (claiming to be a role)...there is no way to disprove it unless it means outing some of the village.

"Facts" don't always mean anything until the game is over. In Town of Token I had all of the facts and yet was still lynched. The only way anyone will truly believe you is if one of three things happens:

1. The game ends and we are told your role
2. They are folded into the trusted circle with you and the investigator
3. You are killed and flip Dr

Good luck on the strategy.
Anaxagore wrote:
Hey guys,

I didnt talk so far because i am a bit busy these days (partying in East Europe).
I will try try to connect once a day though.

If you guys want to reveal our roles publicly, I will follow you.
However I was blamed last game for giving too much info publicly so I think, if the majority doesnt reveal their role publicly, i will just reveal ;y role and ability to the people I trust in private message. Also with 2 killers this time, I thimk we will all die before backchecking every double roles (6) so maybe it is not the best strategy this time.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
I think it's a terrible idea to mass claim in this set up. Mafia will be able to kill off town before we sort out half the counterclaims. Anyone claiming is essentially narrowing down the pool so scum get better targets.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Best strat is to keep your role PMs to yourselves until we have some trusted to lead and more info from flips and PRs N1.
elysium5 wrote:
I am V

skarni said:
14 Nov 2017, 03:19
Elysium5 you are V.

You are sided with the citizens. You are a dangerous anarchist. If you get investigated during night, yourself and the player that investigated you will die. You also can selfsuicide with a bomb belt against one player during day, finishing the day immediately. To do that, send me a PM with #BOMB Playername

elysium5 said:
14 Nov 2017, 04:27
Question...when I use the selfsuicide option, I die as well?

skarni said:
14 Nov 2017, 04:35
yes, terrible power for you. Anyway keep in mind that the important is not to rest alive, but to make your faction win.

"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
elysium5 wrote:
MarkESK, if you are not killable at night, you should #save me as the only way mafia can kill me is at night. If there is a lynch against me, I can blow up whomever I think is mafia in the lynch (killing myself in the process, unfortunately, but it is a powerful tool for the citizens. I do not want to waste my anarchistic powers by being killed by mafia night one. If they want to investigate me, awesome, they can die trying but I think I am valuable enough to save for a little bit.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"