jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 1 of 12
marcoxa wrote:
i had this great idea to do a jungle map. its almost finished but i am not sure what to call it yet or what to call the territories. it has 72 territories.
[image]

Votazap wrote:
definetly lots to be done but a great start let me study the map abit then i will give you suggestions
Votazap wrote:
alright the green backround needs to go it can be the same color but alittle brighter and a different texture

I like the pool in the middle but it needs to be alittle brighter and maybe a little bluish

The regions are kindove cool but i dont like the textures make each one different

and the main backround is not that great

Dont take my comments negative i love the map and appreciate the work you put into it it just needs to be modified
marcoxa wrote:
i wanted it to took like an actual map. which is why it has the colors it does. the territory colors are more vivid because they actually need to be colors. plus it makes it stand out
Vexer wrote:
- well this is interesting and unique. The mountains on the top look cool but make the map unnecessarily long. Players don't like to have to scroll a lot to see the rest of the map. It's ok, it's within the limits, just know that the map will be less popular because of it.

- The game play is very different. it will most likely be the case that whoever gets the upper right region will win in a fixed card game. We normally try to avoid 'australia' like regions. The regions are so huge that they won't even be a factor in an increasing cards game. the best strategy will be to not even try to take a region. I would honestly never play this map. You are still welcome to make the map this way, except i would recommend adding a few territories to the upper right region to balance the map.

But i can tell you that not very many people will want to play this map. People like maps that have several smaller 4 territory regions. If regions aren't a factor cause they are too big to ever control then you might as well play on a map that is a 9 by 9 territory grid. You have to realize that the online game is different than the board game. you don't get to choose your starting territories. That means it's not likely you'll be able to control a large region soon enough but the first person who does on a fixed card game wins. Personally I don't think a map should be set up to benefit the guy who got the most favorable initial drop. If you don't get a good drop then you'll want to quit at your first turn.

Don't get me wrong, i like your concept of having many large regions that are hard to take but easy to defend except that they are just way too large. A simple way to fix this map would be to just combine some territories. I think 8-9 territory regions would still work for your theme and design. but 10-13 territory regions just doesn't sound like fun.

- I don't really see the jungle aspect very well. The trees are probably the problem. If I were making the map I would actually start out with a picture of a forest from a satellite or a plane and then modify it to make it not look like a photo.

- Maps have to have a mini map. Legends are no longer allowed.
marcoxa wrote:
ok i will make some adjustments. i knew i would have to fix things with the game-play but i don't know much about that so that's why i came here to get input. i focused more on the design aspect of it because i knew i could do that good. i'll make sure to put a minimap in for you
marcoxa wrote:
vexer, i'll make it so all the areas have 3 places in the entrances. what should the bonuses be after i decrease some of the territories?
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Map now has 60 territories.
Each area has at least 3 entrances.
I also played with the colors a bit.
No minimap yet because i still need to figure out the right bonuses.

[image]
Matty wrote:
I can't really see the differences between continents very well here.
The lower left continent for example, is that one continent with 8 territories, or two continents with 3 and 5 territories...

And yeah, the continents are too big
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Votazap wrote:
The little pool looks good to the only thing is the region colors look a little too similar at places
marcoxa wrote:
so they need to be darker? also is 60 ok for this map or do i need to make even less?