MAP UPDATE:

Lake shading overlay opacity adjusted
Line above Gecko fixed
Line around lake fixed

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x2/123william123_2007/JungleMap36.png

[image]
Matty wrote:
I think its looks great!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6200/thejungleofdespaircaps.jpg

Here are the caps...this map is really hard to find caps for...I probably got a few wrong...

2p = Passion Flower, Hercules Beetle
3p = Passion Flower, Cicada, Cockatoo
4p = Passion Flower, Tiger, Cicada, Flamingo
5p = Alligator, Ocelot, Wolf Spider, Tetra, Harpy Eagle
6p = Passion Flower, Leopard, Hercules Beetle, Angelfish, Flamingo, Howler Monkey
7p = Heliconia, Ocelot, Wolf Spider, Tetra, Bulldog Bat, Chimpanzee, Baboon
8p = Passion Flower, Ocelot, Cicada, Siamese, Gecko, Flamingo, Alligator, Howler Monkey
Vexer wrote:
the 3 and 4 player caps are no good. each has a cap that is buried in the back of a region with fewer paths out from their capital than the others.
Pntbttr wrote:
I'm not sure how to improve those caps and I don't have a lot of time right now so I would like it if somebody else fixed those...once I have more time I will look at it a little more...
marcoxa wrote:
how about this:

3P: Leopard, Piranah, Orangutan
4P: Catfish, Howler Monkey, Passion Flower, Jaguar
Vexer wrote:
Your 3p suggestion is not bad but I don't like how far apart the caps are and the Piranah is at a slight disadvantage because it's regon is bigger than the other two.

here's my suggestion for 3p caps:
Bulldog Bat, Orchid, Ocelot

Your 4p suggestion, however, is no good because they aren't evenly spaced and two of the caps are on borders and two aren't.

suggestion:
Liana, Mambas, Catfish, Bulldog Bat
marcoxa wrote:
looks good. lets get them in there then i can be done with the map lol
marcoxa wrote:
not that i don't love it, just when its been out there for so long it gets from being fun to tedious. lol
Vexer wrote:
welcome to my world. you'll either have to input them yourself or ask thorpe or pntbttr for help. Votazap is on break.
Paddlin wrote:
I missed this thread. I'm sorry, but this is one ugly map. I put it next to the old USA map and Realm of Honored Players. I think this sort of map has the potential to discourage people from joining the site. 

The trees: Poorly drawn. Very disproportionate. 

The greenery: Blotchy, bad color choices, too solid, not fluid.

The background scenery: Are those mountains? Does not blend away from the scenery.

The actual territories: The lines are too thick and shakey/squiggily. They rest inside of the jungle in a very odd way. It makes it so the jungle backdrop makes no sense and is positioned at a bad angle.

Also, the font selected for the Title should go. 

The gameplay looks enjoyable. Which leads me to believe this map has potential. 

Please don't make this map live yet.