jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 3 of 12
hanthoigian wrote:
the stratery of this map like caribbean map. this map is only bigger than caribbean map
Thorpe wrote:
Why? The more the better and shows at least they read the forum.

Thank you hanthoigian!

Besides hanthoigian been around for a while! Welcome back.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
yes hanthoigian i think your right. :D i have won 3/3 games i have played on that map so i think i could preform well on this map too :)
marcoxa wrote:
Vota, i like the idea. and your idea gave me a great idea. i need to think it through first before i explain it.
Votazap wrote:
Yes the colors are great but I do think the backround of the mountain is a little random, maybe turn it into trees or change the color. If not that's fine just IMO
marcoxa wrote:
i like it cuz it adds a 3D feel to it. it would seem very flat otherwise
Votazap wrote:
You could still make a 3d backround like trees or something but the mountains just seem a little out of place but if you dont want that's fine too I just think it would look better
Vexer wrote:
map was de-speckled - good

Title is great

mini map placement good.

looks like you have room for territory names - good

I am not a big fan of the wavy lines in the lake. they look cheap. I would rather the lake have it's own texture layer overlayed. For the world map's ocean i used a picture of the lake, made it black and white and overlayed it at 10% opacity to give the ocean some texture. You could try something similiar.

i like the mountain. it does seem a little odd though because it has a different perspective than the rest of the map. it has the perspective as if you are looking straight at it from the ground but the rest of the map has an airplane perspective. It's not completely off so it's not terrible. The real problem that makes the mountains not fit is that the color of the forest and regions is too saturated. The mountains have the right amount of color but the rest of the map has too much. Try to get the color saturation levels to match between the mountains and the rest of the map.
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Background Colors Adjusted.
Lake Adjusted.
MiniMap Titles Added.
Bonuses Added.
Territory Titles Added.

[image]
marcoxa wrote:
i am probably still going to fiddle with the lake a bit. not doing it for me right now.