jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 2 of 12
marcoxa wrote:
what do you think vexer? 50? i could do it but i think its fine with 60
Vexer wrote:
60 is fine. 50 is part of the bad range. it would have to be at least 52. I like 55 terr. maps for 5 player games. go with 60 if you want it to be a 6p map but that would make it not ideal for 5p because everyone would start out with 12 terr giving a disadvantage to the player who goes last. 59 territories would mean that in a 5p game each player would start out with 11 which is most ideal and there would be 4 neutrals. having 4 neutrals would be interesting because it changes the map a little with each game. So to compromise between the 60 you want and what's best, i would say go with 59.

I'll comment about which region to take the terr. from and about game play in general in about 20 min.

colors are better, but like they said, maybe a little darker colors on the regions so you can differentiate between the regions better. The mini map will also help us differentiate the regions.
Vexer wrote:
I like maps where regions matter more because players play better that way since new players tend to overvalue regions and undervalue cards.

The maps on our site average 5 territories per region. Your map averages 10 territories per region. I don't believe 10 works. In the interest of trying something new we can have a map that has a higher territories per region ratio but please not 10. I would like to see this map have 59 territories and 8 regions. Then it would average 7.38 territories per region.

You could break the region on the left in half which would also fix the fact that it has 5 borders to defend. You could also break the middle region in half.

On another note. I think the map is a bit too speckled.
marcoxa wrote:
ok i changed the territories and such as you suggested. i also made the colors darker. however i could not do anything with those speckles. they are part of the effect :/ i think it will be fine though.

[image]
Vexer wrote:
there's got to be a filter you can run to reduce the speckles.

i think maybe the colors are too dark now.

The regions are better now. Can someone help him determine region bonuses?

So you decided to keep 60 territories? I think that's a mistake. I think you should remove one from the middle region or the right green region. 59 is so much better as I explained above. can anyone back me up on this?
marcoxa wrote:
i'll try and play with effect more but its really late and i need to get some sleep. i am free tomorrow though i'll work on it more then. =D

marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Fixed Colors.
Toned Down Speckles.
Map Officially Now Has 59 Territories.
Title Added.
Minimap Added.
Adjusted Territories To Small For Title And Circle.
Added Example Text.

[image]
marcoxa wrote:
really happy with it right now. i managed to fix all the problems. looks pretty close to being done :D
Votazap wrote:
let me think about the region good jobk for using jungle of despair
Votazap wrote:
-Red should be 8 bonus

-light orange 4

-light green 3

-pink 3

-dark orange 3

-light green 4

-dark purple 3