jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 8 of 12
Vexer wrote:
i was also thinking that the black outline around the lake doesn't need to be as thick as a region border. I think it would look much better if it were thinner.
Matty wrote:
I think you should leave the lake there. The minimap also doesnt have the forests inside.
The border of the lake can be smaller indeed.

Also I trust you on having played with the text, do it as you say ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Thorpe wrote:
I saw that too...smaller out-line on lake...I made the mistake...sorry

Matty I said make the lake like the mini-map lake ...maybe different color ...but still a lake.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
i can send the file for anyone who wants a go at the lake. i'm tired of fiddling with it.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3435/junglemappdn1.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Now how about the lake and lines?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
The lines are really good, but the lake is too deap blue, way to blue.
Also not sure about the stuff you throw over the lake - it looks like tracks of where my finger wiped over the screen, but if I scroll down it's still there =/
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Vexer wrote:
your lake looks cool by itself thorpe but it doesn't fit.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3435/junglemappdn1.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

I do not have the whole map with the textures and all so just the lake and look it with the other maps background.
Matty wrote:
I think the "waves" are too straight, and I think some sort of blue would fit for a lake.
I mean, I get why ppl want oceans not to be blue, but if you want a lake, make it blue please
Matty is online.
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer is so blue that he hates blue!
So go talk to him about blue lakes.

When I look at water it always seems to be blue to me..but I am not as young as Vexer! Young whipper snapper that he is.

Maybe he had a bad childhood?
Vexer wrote:
Actually I agree with matty but it shouldn't be a deep blue on the map. It should be a light blue/grey
Matty wrote:
Apart from the fact that water looks more brown-greenish (excluding postcards)...

But Vexer has problems with blue oceans - dont agree with him entirely - but he has a point, since then at least a quarter of the map is coloured blue. Looks bad with territories etc.

But a lake is a decoration, and only a small one. So blue would be a good colour.
However, deep blue isnt very realistic either; lightblue, and a (very tiny-) little bit green-brownish, would be better.
Matty is online.