jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 10 of 12
marcoxa wrote:
yes you did send me the lake with the thin outline thorpe but it was really choppy, so i improvised. played with the opacity against the old thick line. your welcome to retry the line around the lake, but keep the lake part the same, it looks allot better.
Thorpe wrote:
there should be two layers...one with the blur and another without it. If you do not like the blur one, start out with the one without and re size it to 101% ...then back down 99%...try one without a Gaussian blur ...then one with a Gaussian set to 2.
try sharpen after you re size it, might have to duplicate the layer a couple times though.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
i need someone to do capitals, i'd do it myself but i don't know who to do it.
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Lake Outline Enlarged.

[image]
Matty wrote:
Better. Maybe its me, but the lake outline still looks a bit very dark grey instead of black, if you get what I mean.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
marcoxa wrote:
like this?
[image]
Matty wrote:
Errm, I dont know what you just changed there

Anyways, I downloaded your pic and found this:
the colour of the black line around you lake is #0D0D0D (13,13,13).
Thats not black :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
your right Matty...it is very noticeable between Bushmaster and Komodo Dragon when it starts to merge with the black...
marcoxa wrote:
ok i fixed the faded line against the lake line. [image]
Fendi wrote:
The line is looking sloppy and pixelated at the inside of the lake.
Vexer wrote:
well now that it's been modified i am noticing that the outline at the top of gecko looks messed up.

To expand on what fendi it talking about, the inside of the line around the lake is sharper than the outside. it needs to match.

Also, I think the gradient shading on the lake is too much. Try lowering the opacity of that layer a bit.
Matty wrote:
Its not about the map, but can you paste a link to the picture, instead of the picture itself?

It took me over 3 minutes to load this page here in the train :P

And dont worry, if its these kind of details ppl complain about, then your map already is awesome!