jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 5 of 12
Thorpe wrote:
Nobody said anything about marcoxa's sexist remark?

Feline Fright! What about Manly Fright?
  Naughty "man"...

Weird map and crazy one.
6 places that is a safe harbor...no-one will ever go for the middle "7"....maybe connect the legs together?

other than that nice

Island...not a Forest ..Name change?

Still a weird Map.LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
Update is better but lines seem choppy... if that is intentional for look and feel of map... then o.k.

Also, territory text and signature text I find better than the text of the map title (my opinion).
marcoxa wrote:
ya thats a good idea for the minimap vexer. she circled it but i don't see the problem with it. ya i can fix those but i purposely did not capitalized the "I" on iguana because the capital i in the font i am using looks like a j and is very confusing. i may try using a capital i from another font.
marcoxa wrote:
lol thrope. i had no intention about that, as you can see all the mini map titles have matching first letters.
marcoxa wrote:
i would use the title text for all the text in the map but it looks horrible when its small and its very difficult to read. trust me that was my first choice but it just did not work for me.
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

The only reason why I brought up the 4 corners problem is because it is unclear whether or not you can attack diagonal, for example, if Liana (yellow) can attack Caiman (red) and so on. I don’t think they can but some people might think otherwise, so to avoid confusion we try to adjust the borders so that we avoid problems like these and to make it more clear which territory can attack which.
We have made an exception with the United States map because, and this is only what I think not sure if that is the real reason, it is where the 4 states meet. There aren’t any mountains nor rivers in that area so adding an imaginary impassable just to make it more clear which territory can attack which would only ruin the map. Using impassables based of real mountains and rivers is allowed, like Glanru has done with the Rocky Mountains and the Mississppi river. However using too many would also ruin the map and make more ugly.

Back to your map.

- The territory and region labels are now very hard to read, I think you made them too small when you modified the size. Try something in between your last version and this one, if its still hard to make them look right then try with a different font. The region numbers look ok, still a bit too big for my taste same thing applies to the map label. But you can keep them this size, its your map.

- The lake is now looking empty and almost boring. I think it will be a great challenge to make it look good. So good luck.

I agree with Vexer about the background, maybe you should play around with it some more. The colours of the map are better, they are standing out but not in a way that makes them hard to look at. Good job.

Again, sorry for sounding mean.

Take care.
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Background Colors Fixed.
Spelling Errors Fixed.
Lake Changed.
Borders Fixed.
MiniMap Border Fixed.

[image]
Vexer wrote:
Forest color better. Borders better. mini map better. Lake worse - it doesn't match. The old lake was better but actually I think you can do even better. Keep trying.
Matty wrote:
The map looks good, (except for the lake :) )

Some small points:

- In the minimap it looks like the left-most hole in the red region (reptile ruckus) misses a border.
- In the name "reptile ruCKis" there is no spaceing between the c and the k.
- Maybe also all the minimap names should start with capital letters.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
MiniMap Fixed.
Lake Changed.

[image]
Thorpe wrote:
I think you are going the wrong way with the lake,,,
it needs to be more cartoon not just what a lake would look like.

Try to make it more like the trees...simple yet with contrast..make them like a upside down V or like the mountains on the USA Map, they fit in with the theme of that map..you need to find a look that fits with the theme of this map.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
What about just put the forest in where the lake is? Easy fix..you could make them lighter or leave them the way they are or even a different color.
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

The borders are now looking better and so is the background. The lake could work if you made it horizontal and reduced the opacity. Its still hard to read the labels..Also, can Wolf Spider (green region) attack Anaconda (red region) and can Leopard attack Jaguar (both purple region)?

Take care.
Vexer wrote:
thank you fendi, you said exactly what i was thinking, now i can go to bed at a decent hour.