jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 6 of 12
Matty wrote:
So can I, but then my screen resolution isnt that big (compared to the screen size)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
The text is readable for me, but I would have gone with one size bigger so that it's easily readable.
Vexer wrote:
I'm not sure why i didn't remember this before but we also do a small version of the map for people with low resolution monitors. The size of the smaller version is 75%. When you reduce the size of this map then the text becomes very hard to read. It would be better if you increased the font size by 1.

The lake is better with the waves horizontal but they are way too big. There also seems to be some green at the bottom of the lake.

marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Text Enlarged.
Lake Adjusted.

[image]
Vexer wrote:
waves are still too big and too uniform. If it were me I would find a picture of a lake at a distance, make it black and white and overlay it on top of the color.
Thorpe wrote:
You see that dot on the mountain? Right above the "f" in your title. It is all alone...you should kill it!

The lake could also could have a different color than blue.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Dot Is Gone.
Lake Fixed.

[image]
Vexer wrote:
try lowering the opacity of the waves on the lake. they stand out too much.
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Lake Opacity Lowered.

[image]
Pntbttr wrote:
I don't understand the borders of the territories...it looks like certain territories are separated by a gape for example Jaguar, Baboon, spider Monkey & Chimpanzee (looks like you forgot the N in ChimpaNzee)...I am pretty sure that these territory can attack the other territories but I feel that they are separated to much...

I think that the lake needs a lot of work...

territory borders are a little pixelated...

Great map Marcoxa!
Vexer wrote:
yeah, i don't know why i didn't notice before but the boundary lines are a bit jagged in some places.

Pntbttr, i think that it's the darkness of the background that makes the territories look separated more cause the black outline can look like a gap instead of an outline. I don't see a way to improve this. I don't really think it's a big problem though.

The lake is better but not great.

I tried to do the lake myself and have failed so far. It's just looks fake no matter what I do.
Vexer wrote:
i played around with the lake some more. Try partially deleting some of the texture around the edges and add a black and white gradient overlay.