jungle map idea. input needed.
  • 171 posts
  • Page 7 of 12
Matty wrote:
I think that jaguar can be fixed - it doesnt needs such a big border where its not bordering the red region.
I guess the others are fine.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Lines Fixed.
Lake Fixed.

[image]
Matty wrote:
The border between jaguar and cougar is still as thick as a region-border.
And something like that also holds for the border between spidermonkey+chimpanzee and Howlermonkey

Ill leave the lake to others ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
territory lines are smoother but now they are too thick they are 3-4 pixels thick when they should be 2 pixels thick per the map makers guide. That thickness is perfect for region borders but the territory borders should be thinner.

While zooming in to count the thickness of the lines I noticed that there are many pixels in the orange and pink regions along the edges that are missing color and the background is showing through.

The lake looks better but not great. Does anyone want to volunteer to play around with the lake and see what you can do?
marcoxa wrote:
ya i know they are too thick but i have yet to find a way to make them thin and non pixelated. i have an idea but it would take several hours.
Vexer wrote:
this doesn't work the same in gimp as it does in paint.net but i put the layer in a new image and then resize to 101% and then 99% and the resize algorithm smooths everything. then i sharped a bit and it's done. Gimps algorithm is too accurate so it ends up looking almost the same. you could try a Gaussian blur at the lowest setting on the whole layer and then sharpen it.
marcoxa wrote:
if i made a PDN file with all the layers could you do it for me? i downloaded it for thorpes bridges.
Thorpe wrote:
let me at it coach!!! Plus you are doing the bridges for me so I need to pay you back. And boy do I! hehe
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:
Lines Fixed. (Thanks To Thorpe :D)

BTW how close is this to being done?

[image]
Vexer wrote:
almost fixed. the outline is still jagged around the edges of the lake.

I still think the lake can be much better but seeing as how we can't figure out right now how to do that we can always update the map with a 2.0 version any time in the future.

while you are working on the outline again please fix cicada so that it is more obvious that praying mantis cannot attack dragonfly.
marcoxa wrote:
oops, sorry about that, i messed up something with the layers but i fixed it so its the way it should have been. i also fixed that other line too.

anything else?

[image]
Matty wrote:
Always my last comments as it seems - your text and circles.
I think they are quite nice, but sometimes your text is far away from the circle.
Dont know if thats a problem, but maybe you can move some circles closer to the text.

Few examples:
Titan beetle (light green), the circle can go upwards alot here.

Piranha (orange) is absulutely fine, Electrix Eel and Clown Loach can use some movement maybe.

Bulldog Bat (pink) is far away too, but Im afraid moving things will make it worse. Cockatoo however may use some movement (not sure here though, might make it worse).

For Baboon (dark green) you might want to move the text upwards.
Maybe in Howler Monkey the text can be moved a little bit to the left.

But apart from these details, I think the map looks great!
marcoxa wrote:
i agree with you on Titan Beetle, Piranha, Baboon, and Howler Monkey.

however the reason why Electric Eel, Clown Loach, Bulldog Bat, and Cockatoo are like that is that they were put that way to be well proportionate. if i moved those circles in those territories then they would look awkward. trust me i tried.
Thorpe wrote:
Hey I have been looking at the lake...why not have the same look in it like what you did with the mini-map...but on the inside? Maybe a different color?

Do you see the lake on the mini-map? Make that for the big map.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next