Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 17 of 18
PsymonStark wrote:
Yes, I basically added a random line as an example. I agree with Bishop on Middle East label too. I think it's too busy in the Arabian Peninsula and could be better in the Iran/Iraq area.

With moving the labels I was just meaning the North and East Africa ones though.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, I tried several 1v1 cap games with Peru-Papua and it doesn't seem fantastic. I mean games are very predictable and mostly based on luck, and it is a one-lane-only battle. Plus, even with the new connection in place Papua is a bit favorized in my opinion. With Canada-India placement I don't know which is the favorized but games are much more various and played on the whole map. Since I'm going to finally restore the previous placement (i.e. Canada - India).
I hope everybody agree with this or in case you don't then just write here your opinions.

@Fendi - My homework is done, now you have to make yours! :P
Also please read the comments posted by Psymon and I about the boundary and tag placements.

UltrasPlot is in charge to verify that Fendi does the job in a decent time.
And also to draw Psymon back to work on the Scandinavian map! :D
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
I like Canada-India because it follows the layout of the other world maps. Which is not necessarily good.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
cbt711 wrote:
@Bishop
1 v. 1 Caps on anything smaller than 40 territories is always luck. The smaller, the more the dice can end your game early. Anchor Bay is really bad like that, as I assume this one will be no matter what you do with cap locations.

I like India Canada forcing gameplay over more of the map, but bad dice will still end a game based on the size of the map and starting troops.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes I know. But really I don't think those games are only luck I usually win when I play ranks lower than mine.
Unfortunately maps like Anchor Bay or Brethen Coast, having small regions only, can more likely cause unfair or hyper-unfair drops. But of course the result comes playing many games not only one!

Apart from that, to re-rail the thread on the W.Reduced map, I tried to manipulate the image to see how the new border looks like and... it doesn't work very cool. You can also see it in the image posted by Psymon above. Fendi was right about the region looking awkward. I mean that territory would look too big compared to the others in the same region, and it gives almost the feeling that Africa has only 1 border, like the other small regions, rather then 2. Since I finally prefer that connection to stay on the sea, as it is now. Sorry for distrust you Fendi, I hope you'll forgive me for that!

But maybe the location of "Middle East" tag can be adjusted according to Psymon's observations and mine... Then hopefully we'll finally got this map out of beta giving it to the folks to play!
Fendi wrote:
I have moved some names and circles around in order to make the map fit better with the World Classic. I've also moved the connection line between North Africa and Brazil.

Please refresh the page a couple of times if the map looks weird.
Fendi wrote:
Sorry about that, I had some trouble removing it from beta but it should be visible now.

The World Reduced is now out of Beta!
Thank you all for the input and support.
The_Bishop wrote:
Haaa! Now I can see it!
It was clearly better as it was before.

@Fendi - I don't think you are reading the thread.
We just asked to move Middle East tag on the North: that's a 5 minutes job that is taking for ever!!
What Psymon said about North Africa and East Africa was just in case we changed the boundary on the land, but finally we decided to stay with the connection on the sea.

Please restore the previous version and it will be okay for me.
Fendi wrote:
@ The_Bishop, I made them like this so that the map becomes more cohesive with the rest of the World maps. Middle East, East Africa and North Africa (And India a bit) are the only names that you can see have different locations from the previous version.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Thanks everyone :) :D
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
It looks just right and I would not change anything The_Bishop.

Congratulations V98 & Fendi, this map further enhances the DXII map repertoire.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
@Fendi - LOL What a liar! There is no changes on the map image, nor territory tags, nor connection lines, nothing!
I hate when people lie to me!

I got an image of the old version since you can overlay them for comparison:
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q700/Photo_Bishop/WorldRed_comp_zpse00da6c6.png

Can you see any differences? (Apart the new connection) The only thing that has been changed (improperly really) are the circles location (they are not part of the image, they are placed through the cartographic panel), two of them are particularly bad to see:
[image]

All this mess was caused because I said that the Middle East tag wasn't well placed in my opinion, being that area too busy:
Spoiler (click to show)
I proposed to simply move it to the North like THIS.
And now that I can see it (making the job by myself) I would say in case the Middle East tag would be moved to the North, then the circle must be moved a little bit to the South.

But for some mysterious reason that Fendi doesn't want to explain to us and I am sure she'll never explain, the image cannot be changed anymore.

The fact is that it was a very tiny problem with tag placements and now we have a bigger problem with the circle placements plus the tags in the same exact position they were before. Since I am not asking anything anymore but at least to restore the previous version where the circles where better placed. Please...
Fendi wrote:
I'm not really sure what version you are viewing but the labels, circles and everything else that were changed are in perfect place now.

The image to the left is what we have on the site and the right is the older one
http://s10.postimg.org/6kyv7ptzc/World_old_and_new.jpg

I don't see any problem with the version that we have now, I tried my best to adept the names to the Classic but at the same time kept the original placements on others.

If you have a problem with the version you have seen now then please say so otherwise you should maybe do a full refresh a couple of times.