Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 15 of 18
PsymonStark wrote:
If I remember correctly, at least Vexer can copy a map. We would need then to add the extra adjacencies and ready. It's beta, so maybe call it World Reduced 2 during the test phase.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Surely the image can be saved with the same file name and overwritten (it is the same dimensions I presume) and then the new adjacencies added in the Cartographer section?
The only thing I think needs asking is, does the extra connection affect Cap positions?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Vexer wrote:
I don't think we should do a 2nd test map. This map is still in beta which gives us the freedom to change it, test it and change it back if we want.

The only time you have to create a copy is if you are changing the number of territories.

Only having one version forces everyone to test the updated version which gives us faster feedback.

Just change the adjacencies and then upload the new image. It will automatically overwrite the old version.
The_Bishop wrote:
So we need to load the new image and add 2 adjaciences:
North Africa -- Middle East, and...
Middle East -- North Africa as well.

Circles don't need to be moved.

Capitals aren't affected. I mean just for 7p and higher N.Africa and India are closer each other, but it can stay as it is being a contest with many caps only 2 hops distant.

I hope to receive a positive feed-back. The differences in game-play really are minimal, but it looks to me that the connection is needed to reproduce better the Classic map in small scale, being North Africa an important passage way with 6 adjaciences (now reduced to only 3). And also the player holding Africa usually can freely push in Middle East without worsening his bounderies (here it is not if they are disconnected).
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Fendi wrote:
I have changed the map and added the new connections. Please do a full refresh (ctrl + f5) if you can't see it.
Fendi wrote:
We need people evaluating the game-play if we ever want to remove the map from beta phase.
The_Bishop wrote:
You are right Fendi. I feel like the change proposed is so little and invisible that it will be hard to find people commenting on it. But I definitely think it is better now.

I can report an example from one of my LT games: (click to show)
Look how Yellow blocked himself in order to get the bonus. Now thanks to the added connection, Blue can weaken North Africa from Middle East and then go for kill him starting from his own capital. (But don't worry Virtuosity, turn-in value is too low for that!!) It's just to show that the added connection gives more possibilities in most of games I have played.

One other just finished against Elfie, 1v1 capitals. Thanks to the added connection I had the possibility to always reinforce next to his cap from territories otherwise out of the game. Pretty close to defeat him 2 times, then I have been finally defeated by him. Arg!

I would like to do more tests but I tend to be unlucky on this map. It is costing me points! (Lost 2 times against Virtuosity, just to mention!!). But well, you can find another example by me here above, when I had no path to break my opponent holding Asia, the added connection wasn't in place there.

Plus. One of the task of the change was to have a more fair 2-caps game with Peru vs Papua. But I feel like Canada vs India is better. Three different paths between the caps (rather than only one), this is cool, less predictable and more various games. Canada can try for North America but India can have a good counterplay going for Aussy or even Asia with a lucky drop. Also in this case the added connection works fine because one of the three paths was pretty longer than the others, now reducing it one hop is more worthy.
aeronautic wrote:
I too am in the above test game with The_Bishop but the tests on Italia have cost me so many points now that creating more games on World Reduced is low on my agenda right now :( . I will however look out for any games I see created on this map and watch how the gameplay is working, especially with the new connection.
My feedback so far is no different to The_Bishop, even less so.

If we had pointless games, I would set up a World Reduced game for every game type and player quantity.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
@Aeronautic and @The bishop.

If you very clearly state in the game chat that it is a test game and that ALL POINTS WILL BE RETURNED (you two are carthographers, you can set up test games) than you can ask me to reverse the points after the game is finished.

Just like some team game trainers are doing:
http://dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=369086
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
Fendi, still waiting on how you did the paint splatter in the ocean in like a perfect path around all the shorelines. :D Very cool work there.
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Matty, will do. I have a few test matches set up on this map now and 2 are finished with 1 still active, I will write feedback for this after the last game finishes.
Hoodlum wrote:
We've got a World Classic Map, World expanded map, a world modified map, a world reduced map. I propose a World map with New Zealand!

I wish I had the skill to give it a crack. Here's an interesting article.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44623/oh-my-god-we-have-fallen-map-or-new-zealand-amazin

Oh my god, we have fallen off the map. OR New Zealand, the amazing disappearing country.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Does New Zealand exists for real?? :oooh:

Isn't the land of "the Lord of the Rings" novel?
Matty wrote:
But... New zealend is is on all of these maps right?

Agreed, it doesn't have it's own territory circle, but there are more countries that haven't.

I mean, there's even a united states map that doesn't even display all the states.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
I propose to add New Zealand to the epic Antarctica Map (credit to LIP).
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.