Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 2 of 18
PsymonStark wrote:
Personally I don't think that the color of Asia and Europe should be together... and think that Asia is too dark. Maybe tune it to purple tones?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

Spoiler (click to show)

Asia has been lightened. Compare the placement of territory circles and connections between the two variations above. In the first variation, the Iceland territory would be called "UK Iceland"; in the second, the territory would be called "Scandinavia Iceland" or simply "Scandinavia". Which is better?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
I like better Scandinavia. The connections are more logical.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

Territory Names included. I can't add a black outline to the text, but, seeing as the text will be redone on Photoshop sometime, I don't see the point in trying to add the outline.

Names I am not sure about - should the following be...

Brazil or Venezuela Brazil?
Mainland Europe or Western/Central Europe?
Scandinavia or Iceland Scandinavia?
Siberia or Western Russia?
Far East Russia or Kamchatka?
China or South East Asia?

I re-emphasize the fact that these names are not for appearance purposes - they are included to a) Know what each territory will be called, especially for the unusual ones e.g. China/SE Asia b) allow easy discussion of certain territories. In the future the names will need to be inputted via Photoshop, which is apparently the best software for text.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

The_Bishop wrote:
Not Bad. Nice idea, nice game-play for 2 or 3 players.

I think also West Siberia and East Siberia could be good names, or...
Siberia and Kamchatka!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Madagascarter wrote:
I don't like Far East Russia. I much prefer East Siberia changing Siberia to West Siberia.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Virtuosity98 wrote:
So, for Russia, either "Siberia + Kamchatka", "West Siberia + East Siberia" or "West Russia + Far East Russia". Which one?

I think the problem with calling the Eastern territory Kamchatka is that it geographically covers a far wider area than Kamchatka alone. I think Far East Russia, being more general, is more appropriate.

Keep the opinions rolling in! ^^
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
How about splitting it into Siberia and Russia? That's simple enough.
Spoiler (click to show)

Although historically, Siberia covers all those colored areas, I can't see the map with no reference to Russia specifically. If no one else cares, Eastern / Western Siberia fits geographically.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I'm now leaning towards East Siberia + West Siberia, as beforehand I didn't know that Siberia used to cover so much land (that map was helpful, cbt711). Is everyone happy with this?
Day Actions:

PsymonStark wrote:
I think it's good with West/East Siberia. Another detail, the minimap numbers are too big I think.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Oh yes, the numbers are certainly far too big. As well as my signature - I am a little pretentious ;)

Update tomorrow.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Firstly, sorry this update is late! I'm leaving for a two-week holiday in Cyprus today so yesterday was too hectic to make my adjustments.

Spoiler (click to show)

Russian names changed, Signature now smaller (:(), Minimap numbers smaller.

I should have WiFi, but nonetheless, the rate of uploads is likely to slow down for the next two weeks. Maybe a Cyprus map could be good ;)?
Day Actions:

Cireon wrote:
Suggester territory renames:

Mainland Europe -> Europe Mainland; Central Europe
Ukraine -> Eastern Europe; East Europe
Congo -> Central Africa
West Siberia -> West Russia
East Siberia -> take a guess...

I like how the numbers and territory names are very plain and clear.
I do notice some aliasing in the border of Austrialia.
I am looking forward to playing this map a lot. I like the clean style!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Europe Mainland is good - I will use it. I wouldn't like Spain to be included in a territory called Central Europe, so I prefer mainland.

I disagree with Ukraine and Congo as they have exactly the same border placement and names as their twins in World Classic. I prefer Siberia to Russia as discussed above. If no one disagrees with Cireon's proposals I will use ALL of them, so speak now or forever hold your peace!

Australia needs redrawing, the quality was lost when I changed its colour.
Day Actions: