Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 7 of 18
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Going camping for three days as of now. If someone finds a decent font for the title post it here please. Would it be appropriate to use the same font as World Expanded & World Modified (I think they're the same font), or World Classic (which is slightly different)? If so, could someone tell me what it is?
Thanks.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

cbt711 wrote:
I'm sure Fendi knows! (Or Vexer) I assume they still have the psd floating around.
Vexer wrote:
The font for world expanded and modified is Androgyne. World classic is Ariel.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I just checked Vexer's fonts and they were the territory fonts. I was looking for the title fonts. Is it possible for someone to tell me what they are? Thanks anyway, Vexer. :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Vexer wrote:
Oops my bad. The font for world classic is Gabriola. World expanded is Lucida Calligraphy Italic.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
New Title & Signature, minimap numbers to come.

Spoiler (click to show)
Day Actions:

Matty wrote:
yarr, I like them text!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Thanks! Very encouraging! :)
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Minimap bonuses added.

Spoiler (click to show)

@CBT711: Earlier you said about textures to get a monochromatic texture, in post #78. Does that mean grey? Where would you get such a texture?
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
Vir:
You are using Gimp from what I remember right?
Well I usually google a few textures and layer them together, thus avoiding it looking like any one of them, and not looking like I ripped off someone else's texture, even though I pretty much did.

Spoiler (click to show)

Anway, google metallic background, or parchment background (or both) as shown in the spoiler. Find one, any color is fine. When you mix them together to get a really distinct look, merge them into one layer.

Then on that layer go to hue saturation lightness tool, and take ALL the saturation out. This makes it gray scale. Then play with blending type, Normal, overlay, burn, etc. and opacity of that layer until you like the depth and visibility of the contrast. Then go back to the color layer and tweak the color last.

HINT: Your dark red is too dark most likely for a texture overlay, brighten it up and let the texture bring it down to that dark look.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@Lifeinpixels: Thanks!! :)

@CBT711: Thanks!! :)
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Is Africa good? I think maybe more is needed...

Africa Texture (click to show)
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
It doesn't look very good. Sorry :(
I will help as much as I can though!... Ok I took the first texture from above
http://freeseamlesstextures.com/images/13-old-parchment-background-lrg.jpg
Pasted it over Africa (got rid of text and player circles (HINT: don't need player circles at all actually) - right click "floating selection"in layers pain, select to New Layer.
Shrunk it (use shift+t) to just bigger than Africa.
Under color drop down menu, picked hue-saturation - dropped all saturation.
Went to contrast brightness, and increased contrast like +25%
Dodge, 50% opacity blend options.
Then took clouds (good for random areas of dark light contrast
http://bgfons.com/upload/clouds_texture2870.jpg
Right click, to New Layer again
Shrunk it again, Same saturation and contrast process as before.
Grain Extract, 56.3% opacity blending options.

On the paper texture (first one) I did a clothify filter (under artistic) and on the cloud I did a oilify filter (under artistic).

For both layers, I used color mask tool (Shift + O) to select Africa colors exactly, you can hold the click down and drag the mouse to the right to get more and more of the color selected (don't go too far right).

Shift+I inverts the select. Then just type delte and it gets rid of the layer other than exactly over africa. It think you have this part down.

This is just a tutorial which resulted in this look:
Spoiler (click to show)
Use different textures if you like, different filters, maybe less or more contrast, whatever you want. If you like it a lot, just copy the instructions if you want. But this should help a lot. The one you made wasn't a bad first attempt, but the color gray showed up all over somehow.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@CBT: Great instructions & texture, thanks! I followed them with a few editions, but I didn't change anything major.

How's Africa now? (click to show)

I know it's better, but is it good enough?
Day Actions: