Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 3 of 18
Matty wrote:
I prefer mainland above central, by alot, I'm positive about swapping the order.

Although calling things Central Africa, East Russia, West Russia, East Europe is a bit more descriptive and to the point, I still prefer the old names though. The reason is because otherwise you start naming everything with N E S W prefixes, and that looks ugly.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
I also prefer the old names. I don't mind the Europe mainland order either.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Fendi wrote:
Both name changed work for me. Btw, you forgot to colour the small island next to the US-Canada border at the left side. =)
cbt711 wrote:
And the island off Argentina's coast to the east. But I guess you're on vacation for a few weeks now. Have fun!
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Back on the job in 2-3 days (hopefully!). I enjoyed my break in the sun, thanks for your patience!

P.S. Has the link for the image died for everyone else like it has for me? Don't worry, the problem is easily sorted.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
LOL I was looking through all your map links and people were commenting on them, but I could see nothing and then... eventually I got to the last post. Yes it is a dead link now, shame I really wanted to see it.
BTW, you were seeing the old map on Melee, I have uploaded a new name so as link doesn't have to be refreshed.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@aeronatic:

Thanks for the melee link, will comment on it imminently.
Dead link will become live again in two or so days.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Name Changes: Mainland Europe -> Europe Mainland

Border Clean-ups: Australasia, Mallorca

Transparent Islands :P: Sorted.

Here is the latest version:
World Reduced7 (click to show)

Apart from text/numbers outlines (which I'm leaving until the end), what still needs doing?

EDIT: I just noticed a tiny thing at the southern tip of Argentina, and Mallorca's border is slightly too thick, but apart from that, what should I do?

I'll try and get a reference of the old version soon, but the link keeps failing... :(
Day Actions:

Matty wrote:
Sorry, but I think the colour of australia is absolutely terrible. Can't you make it a deeper yellow.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
All the map is pretty dark, but Oceania. Try making that yellow darker and dimmer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

Is this better?
Day Actions:

PsymonStark wrote:
Not enough... still too eyecatching for me :S Better indeed.
Matty wrote:
Try to take a look at america in the world classic map, Ontario maybe, but that's a very good looking yellow region. Yellow is not an easy colour to get right.
PsymonStark wrote:
Yes, I was thinking about the darkest zones in Gwent (or Gwynedd) in GB&I map...