Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 10 of 18
UltrasPlot wrote:
Nice! Looking forward to it!
EDIT: 7000th post in maps forums, lol
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Previous (for reference) (click to show)

Numbers moved, N. & S. America Lightened & Brightened (click to show)

I couldn't find a solution to the contrast between the sharp title & blurred sea (a blur made the title really bad, even only a 1 pixel blur), but I don't even think it's a problem. If the colours are OK now, I will update the minimap colours.

Anything else left to do?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
I like it, but maybe it's too light for the site, as a whole? Let's wait for more opinions. I personally think that it maybe would look better if everything was similar in brightness than the old S. America, but it's just an hypothesis.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
PsymonStark said:
Let's wait for more opinions.
Come on then people! Let's hear them! I'm eager to finish this job!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
OK, that failed.
I tried to paste a spreadsheet containing all of the regions with their territories and bonuses, and all of the territories' adjacencies.
But it failed. Does anyone know how to input a spreadsheet here?

Here are some Capitals suggestions (I'm not amazing at these, but I think they're OK - 5 player is definitely good):

2 players (click to show)
2 players (alternate version) (click to show)
4 players (click to show)
5 players (click to show)
8 players (click to show)
9 players (click to show)

The first two player version is interesting, and personally I prefer it to the other 2 player version, despite it not fully complying with the D12 Guide to Capitals Locations.
There are lots of issues with 8 and 9 players, but that is inevitable on a small map.
I fairly pleased with 5 player Capitals. :)
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Is this helpful in any way?

Regions Spreadsheet (click to show)
Territory Adjacencies (click to show)
Even if they weren't I did them anyway! :)
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
Lol, just PM Fendi, hash out the final details with the boss. Only way to finish these things. (got Anchor Bay done in 2 weeks, I know what I speak of)
Matty wrote:
Ok, about the "Numbers moved, N. & S. America Lightened & Brightened" version (so this one).

Two things:
1. Can Australia be a TINY TINY bit brighter?
(At some point you made it darker, don't make it as bright as it was then. However, other regions were darker then, so I think it would be prettier if its just that tiny bit brigher / happier yellow now).
2. I think you forgot to update the minimap colours.
3. I absolutely love it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Fendi said via PM that she would comment in due course. She said there are a number of issues that she wants addressed, so we all need to wait for that post.

Thanks for your suggestions, Matty. They are both useful and I agree totally with them.
Day Actions:

Fendi wrote:
Here are just some pointers:

- The red region is too dark and kind of lacks texture. The rest of the colours are too saturated, especially the green and the land overall looks a bit boring due to the barely visible texture.

- Ocean is good but it could use more work. Try to use your imagination there and experiment a bit (this also goes for the land).

Overall nice work, I'll have more to say in a few days.
Madagascarter wrote:
The words for Europe Mainland and Alaska look a bit out of place. Is this just me?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Virtuosity98 wrote:
OK, I think this is an improvement on the sea:

Previous (for reference) (click to show)

New Sea (click to show)

Is it an improvement?
Day Actions:

Cireon wrote:
yes
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I actually like the first better.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria