Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 11 of 18
The_Bishop wrote:
I also like the first one. I like the map in general.
Thinking to give +5 to Asia...

As for 4p capitals I was thinking:
GB - Mongolia - S. Africa - USA
Everyone with 2 ways out, except Mongolia with 3, but obviously is very hard for Mongolia to conquer the continent, it can be a compensation?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
BETA wrote:
My two cents -

If you focus on the water, the first one looks better.

If you look at the land, though, it somehow gets better in the second one. (-the contrast with the new water?)
PsymonStark wrote:
I like better the new one, because it masks the blurry texture on the old one. There is too much green and too much texture in the new one though.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Fendi wrote:
I like the second one (the first one looks too 'windy';) but it feels like there's a bit too much texture. But maybe it could work if you played with the land more.

Try reducing the saturation of the colours a tad and see how it works out.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Is Africa better, worse, good but not good enough? Thoughts please! (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
I like the new colour of Afrika better, but the texture is a bit too much present right now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Better? (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Matty wrote:
Yep, defenitely better.

Could be a bit better still I think, but don't change it too much.
Compare it with the green region - that one is really good I think.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
The latest one looks best but I agree with Matty, it could be better.

But please lower the saturation a bit, it's hard to review the texture/colours with it being so high.
Matty wrote:
Please don't reduce it too much, I like it, its so happy :)
The_Bishop wrote:
About gameplay

I have already said I think Asia should be lower to +5. Look at the "Asia+Australia" block giving a juicy +7. I don't say it is inappropriate as it is, but make a comparison for example with "NA+SA" giving only +4. It would get more equilibrium in my opinion to lower Asia a bit.

I think it would be not bad to let North Africa to touch Middle East in order to improve the connectivity in the middle of the map, making more easy to translate from West to East. Just if Virtuosity wants if it is still possible. Not a great difference by the way but still a nice finalization in my opinion.

About capitals

Sorry Virtuosity I had missed your proposals as capitals. By the way here it is what I think:

In words...
Spoiler (click to show)
As image...
Spoiler (click to show)
Note: making North Africa and Middle East connected doesn't mean to change any of the capital placements proposed.

About saturation

Well, reduce saturation just a bit as asked by the boss.
Spoiler (click to show)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Africa Saturation Reduced Substantially (click to show)
Day Actions:

PsymonStark wrote:
I like it! Not so happy, but looks more like the site color standards.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.