Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 13 of 18
Fendi wrote:
@ Votazap, I have already increased the saturation, if I increased it any more some continents will appear as light bulbs..

And Thanks Vexer.
Fendi wrote:
This is the final version with everything.

Special Thanks to Vexer for creating the mini map.

[image]
The_Bishop wrote:
Excellent job Fendi! Well, I had already said that... Now with the added mini-map is completed! I feel like this one will get very popular soon.

I had already suggested the capitals partially based on my thoughts partially on Virutuosity's, keeping 2 options for 2P and 5P, but nobody commented on them... They are 2 pages back. Thanks for feedbacking.

Also, what about to connect North Africa and Middle East? It's just a question before the map will be implemented and never changed anymore. I can see a lacking connectivity in the middle of the map that doesn't mean to make any regions more defensible. The change wouldn't compromise the capital placements. By the way it's a little thing... I suppose it is already been refused by the map creator.

Apart from that... Nice job! Thanks Virtusosity and Fendi, well and also Vexer for the mini-map!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
If no one bothers to comment on your capital suggestions, the_bishop, then either they don't have the time or brain power, or they don't see anything wrong. Sometimes you just have to put the map in beta to get suggestions. Capital positions are the easiest thing to change, even after the map is no longer beta. As long as there is a good reason and some consensus, they can be changed.
Matty wrote:
It looks like a great map - thanks Virtuosity, Fendi and Vexer!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Thanks Fendi and Vexer for finishing this off for me! To be honest Bishop I haven't looked at your capitals suggestions that much - it hurts my head! I presume though that because you're so good at caps you won't have missed any solutions.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, don't worry Virtuosity. Thanks for your trusty approval! :)
Some placements is equal or very similar to your suggestions, some others you didn't give any, and only for 4 caps I totally changed. But, well, it's fine.

I am just happy to see the map finally ready for the beta test.
This is a nice one! Congratulations! Although you don't finished it, I personally recognize you the credit of having the brilliant idea of making a World Reduced map, I am sure it will be appreciated! ;)

Then for the rest... We just worked like a team does!
The_Bishop wrote:
World Reduced map is now beta and available to map beta testers and premium members!

Thanks everybody for participating in this thread with comments and suggestions.
Let's have fun on the World Reduced now!
Virtuosity98 wrote:
You're welcome BETA! It was my pleasure!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

UltrasPlot wrote:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Just created a game on this map: password is "newmap".
Day Actions:

The_Bishop wrote:
I think I played the very 1st game on this map... And lost it against a "noob" answering the name of Beta! >:(
Just joking... GG Beta! It was a well played game from your side.

Being serious...

I am mostly testing 2 players capitals, I am not sure that the placement is equal. Feedback is welcome. Apart the game that I played against Virtuosity where he had a very unlucky drop, for the rest it seems to me to see a certain advantage on having the Australian cap.

The Australian cap can conquer the region and then push in China and from there, expand practically everywhere. South American cap can only push in Brazil and then it's a bit blocked. The best he can do in my opinion is to clean North America and then push in North Africa, but it's hard for him to get really treathening.

So I confirm my thoughts about the North Africa territory, I think it should include Egypt so that it borders with Middle East. This would make the center of the map more "fast" and helping to balance out the game in favour of the SA cap. And also making them a bit more closer (1 hop) so being more risky for both of them to expand elsewhere.

Two times I got troubled in N.Africa. The second being weird, with my opponent definitely weaker than me conquering Asia; and me without a path to break him, I needed 2 turns passing trough NA. The first I don't remember exactly but I noticed the game would have been highly different with that connection in place.

But also we can choose different caps. Or I didn't play it properly. Just thoughts, waiting for more feedback, thanks.