Map of the World - 26 territories
  • 261 posts
  • Page 16 of 18
Hoodlum wrote:
@ Matty... well it kind of is on the map. What do you reckon Syg?
To a NZ'er that shape representing NZ looks like how we think the
world thinks of NZ. "Where is NZ? Oh somewhere by Australia. We
are use to it, but it just gives an Australian something more to
laff at. http://www.buzzfeed.com/nickw44/31-reasons-why-australia-and-new-zealand-share-the-gmia
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
There is an even bigger travesty on these world maps, Wales is unrecognisable and even though it is thought that a Welshman called AmMeric (son of Meric) discovered the Americas before Columbus, but not before the Inuits of course, we seem to be left as a dimple on the tiny blob of the UK, I propose that Wales be enlarged by 5000% and placed in the centre of the Map so that the world may revolve around it! What is the general opinion of this? *Removes tongue from cheek and smiles cheekily*

All test games almost finished and my personal feedback coming soon.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Here is a bit of feedback for World Reduced (26 territories).
I tested the following:

6p Capitals (increasing) (click to show)
5p Capitals (increasing) (click to show)
4p Domination (fixed) (click to show)
4p Death Match (increasing) (click to show)

I found NO glitches, missing links, broken connections or mismatches in this game, everything appears to be working as intended.

I know this is not an extensive test, which would need many dozens of games of each type, but it is hopefully something to allow this map to pass beta tests and take its rightful place in the World map quartet!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
JamesKer1 wrote:
9 Player Caps, all of Aussie ends up neutral. Very weird to me at least. Just didn't want there to be an issue with the programming that caused it to do that every time.

Game is still in progress, I'll get more details to you once done if needed.
Fendi wrote:
So do we have enough feedback to remove this map from Beta?
aeronautic wrote:
I can only speak from my observations and experiences, but I see no reason why it can't be removed from beta and made live to all.
It is an aesthetically nice looking map with a high level of graphic refinement and has a place in the World Map quarter, plus it has been tested by many players and found to be quite enjoyable and interesting to play with neither technical nor game-play problems (apart from the 9p Australia neutrals mentioned above, is this coincidence? Does it happen every game?)

I believe though that these decisions should always be made by the D12 Owner & Senior Staff on the information they receive from the other staff and helpers.
PsymonStark wrote:
Well, the 9p will happen "frequently" as we have 2 territories per player and 8 neutrals... chances of 3 of them being neutral are not incredibly low.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks for your detailed feedback Aero. Sorry for not having time to read it until now. It looks consistent and usefull.
The map can be released for me...

But, 2 little details:
- This was supposed to be a provisional version waiting for one with the new connection on the land rather than on the sea. It was Fendi's homework I guess. But I don't know how work it is.
- Also, we were supposed to make some test with the new connection and the old 2 caps placement (i.e. Peru Papua). And probably that was my homework, but I was busy to play other games really :P Also if I make the change then practically I need to test it by myself and I hadn't time for that.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay 2 caps are now Peru and Papua N.G. as it was in the 1st design.

We initially found there was a concrete advantage for Papua, but now with the new connection in place it would be reduced and hopefully the 2 caps equalized.

Please, help me to do this test as fast as possible. Few games are not enough to evaluate, every one needs to play many in order to get a concrete idea. Hopefully in few hours the test can be ended so taking a decision between Peru-Papua or Canada-India. The first seems cooler but also the second has some good points. Every feedback will be helpful to evaluate, Thanks.
Fendi wrote:
Well I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I'd rather have the extra connection between North Africa and Middle East instead of adding another territory (Egypt). This is mostly due to the fact that adding an extra territory will create imbalance (according to me) and make Africa one of the larger (and harder to hold) regions.

Then again, I haven't played this map so maybe my way of thinking is completely wrong, which means, if creating another territory is better for the game play then I will create one.
PsymonStark wrote:
@Fendi, I think you misunderstood, I think they mean something like this, but with decent quality, not adding a territory but replacing the connection with a standard land connection:

http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/5251176.jpg

Am I right?
Fendi wrote:
Oh that would explain some things, but..won't that make the whole region look awkward or is it just me..?
PsymonStark wrote:
To be frank, most of the regions of the map seem awkward to me... Not that I don't like it or the map, but makes me easier to distinguish it from Classic.

Maybe moving the labels or improving the quality can reduce the awkward effect. It can be though because Africa is in the middle and it's the first thing that we see.
The_Bishop wrote:
Territories are formed by "transposition" from the territories of World Classic, joining some of them, except Egypt that is the odd-ball being cut in 2 parts.
It should be simply joined to North Africa, as in Psymon example, but better, I mean it should correspond to the real border between Egypt and Sudan as it is in World Classic.

And also, I was shy to say it, but Psymon introduced the argument, I think 'Middle East' should be written on the North part of the territory as it is in World Classic, because as it is now it's too close with 'East Africa' and 'India', it doesn't look well spaced.

Plus, with the change on the North Africa border also East Africa tag and circle should be moved a little bit southerner. And I don't know what exactly looks awkward to your eyes.