• 344 posts
  • Page 23 of 23
aeronautic wrote:
I have made a notepad list of Territories, Regions, Connections & Capital Positions:

The Cap's can be adjusted if The_Bishop finds any better alternatives.

I will not have time to input the map for the next 2 hours, but if anyone does have time, I will upload the notepad for easy inputting. The map below is also already optimised for upload.

If so, please place your acceptance here.
Hawaii Dual Optimised (click to show)
Map info on Notepad
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I have input the map, could I get a spell check and correctness check by a cartographer please?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
I am fine with the cap's suggested by Clarke.
I prefer the blue version for 2 players.

I might put a different proposal for 5.
Hawaii 5 Cap's (click to show)
With specially equal distances not only from cap to neighbours but also from cap to non-neighbours. (Notice in this map the neighbours are the cap's in the opposite side of the map)

And yes we should discuss about 4 players, hard to find good solution.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
These 5p suggestions have much better cross map connectivity. I will change these tonight.
Thank you "Your Grace"!

A check for 1 way connections has been done by Vexer and there are none.

Now, can someone do me a favour and check the spelling and connections.

You don't even have to be a Cartographer to do this, as I have worked from a plan list, so only the plan list has to be checked for correctness.
Map info list
Map for reference (click to show)

The Key will be increased further in size and readability tonight, as well as a reduction in brightness for the mini map.
The_Bishop wrote:
Carefully checked. All territory names are okay. All connections are coherent.

Thanks for inputting my 5 cap scheme Commodore! Really it's long time I was thinking the way to make up a map giving perfect equality in 5 palyer capitals and I found this one actually is close to perfect distancement.

This 5 cap scheme can be good also for 4 players removing one capital: possibly Hamakua, being in such a larger region compared to the others.

The almost perfectly equal path scheme will result to be a bit ruined (but not that much in the end). So having the following distances from one cap' to the others:

Waimea: 4, 6, 6, (total 16)
Kalaupapa: 4, 4, 6 (total 14)
Haiku 2: 4, 6, 6 (total 16)
Ewa 2: 4, 4, 6 (total 14)

2 cap's a bit more in the middle and 2 a bit more apart, a common issue in 4 player capitals (since I am not so worried). The position is pretty good relatevly to the region control: 2 cap's are pseudo-internal controlling +3 regions staying with 1 exit only in case they own it and 2 cap's are on the border of +2 regions staying with 2 exit in case they own it and they also touch +1 regions that if conquered makes same condition as the other 2 cap's in +3 regions.

If you want you can adjust the distances a bit moving Waimea to Koloa with the following result:

Koloa: 4, 5, 6, (total 15)
Kalaupapa: 4, 4, 6 (total 14)
Haiku 2: 4, 5, 6 (total 15)
Ewa 2: 4, 4, 6 (total 14)

But the equality on the regional control then it would be a bit compromised.

Both are good and I woukld prefer either one of my 4 cap' proposal rather than the current one that is more vary in distances, from 4 hops to 7 hops, and more vary in regions, from +1 to +5; and also more vary in adjacenties (3 to 5) mine have always 4.
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, they are good suggestions, please pick the one you would most prefer?

Thanks for the double check!
The_Bishop wrote:
I really like better the first.
Hawaii 4 Cap's (click to show)

And... Let me say congrats to Clarke and thanks!

Amazing looking map, wonderful title and special gameplay different from common. He did all the work from design to graphic realization, including good capital placements... Well, great job!

So what are we still waiting now? Isn't the map ready?
aeronautic wrote:
It was awaiting me getting map time to make the final adjustments.

I have desaturated and lowered the tone of the mini map, so that it is not so bright and distracting from the main map.
I have made a much more readable Key.

I will change the Caps for 4p & 5p to The_Cardinal's suggestions, upload the map shown below and make it Beta.
Hawaii Beta Version (click to show)

Congratulations to Clarke for creating a map suitable for D12.
BETA wrote:
nice looking map.
played a fun game.
found the names hard to read, though
Axobongo wrote:
it seems the brightest map out there ,those regions are really bright without their textures,, , the ocean is excellent . the sea travel lines seem a bit faint, [note to ask people with small devices. . 
aeronautic wrote:
This map is coming up to 2 months in Beta.

It has a little bit of feedback, all of which is noted and I will make the graphic improvements.

@Axo, I would like to keep the contrast & brightness of the map the same, because even though it can be debatable as the brightest map on D12, the colours and contrast were worked on for a very long time and even the slightest reduction gives the map a gloomy, rainy feel and I think that all will agree that Hawaii represents an expected sunny feel.

@Beta, I have to stick to the choices of the author, but I will make the label text bigger if I can match it up.

Could we please have feedback from players who play on their phone or tablet for the connection line visibility mentioned by Axo?

Could we also have feedback for the game-play?
aeronautic wrote:
I have taken into account the final feedback and made the connection lines darker and have found the font for the land labels and made them a size bigger & stronger, this is as big as these can go and are already on the edge of intuitive.
Unfortunately, all the labels had been combined so I had to retype and position all of them.
If you are all happy with the changes, please double check spelling & correct positions and I will overwrite it and make the map live.
Hawaii Beta Version (click to show)
Hawaii Beta Version editted (click to show)
Matty wrote:
I'd say go for it, it looks good.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Hawaii Dual is now live and available to all players. Congratulations to Clarke and thanks for your patience with creating and developing a D12 map.