• 344 posts
  • Page 20 of 23
Clarke wrote:
I originally had it completely below and it just looked odd, like they were not together as a single item. But I am open to suggestions. They are on different layers so I can move the "Double" easily...
aeronautic wrote:
I think the main problem with the word "Double" is that it looks like an afterthought. It is a completely different font, colour and size to the rest of the title.

Would it be possible to make it the same as the "Hawaii" title, but smaller and move the title up to fit it below?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Clarke wrote:
Theoretically yes, but being a novice at these art programs I have to admit I don't know EXACTLY what I did to the original HAWAII logo. So matching it exactly would be difficult...LOL

But I have some other ideas... I will play with it...

Would anyone have a problem if we just called it HAWAII. That's it, nothing else... Just Hawaii...

What do you all think of that?
aeronautic wrote:
The fact that there are no other Hawaii maps and I doubt there will be, I can't see a problem with it being just Hawaii.

I would not normally advocate changing things to compensate for the inability to finish the map and probably will be more strict on these matters on future maps.

Heads up for map making. If you are doing something complex or that might need editing, create a layer with info of Filters, Fonts, Colours, Sizes etc that will help you find what you did more easily and or revert back to earlier versions if they were deleted somehow. Also, if making edits to a layer you may revert back to, duplicate it first and keep the original one as well until you are sure it won't be needed again, then you can delete it.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
It will definitely look better being just "Hawaii", but it IS a double map, so it's best if you can create a consistent "Hawaii Double" logo.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
It didn't look that bad for my taste. Maybe it ruin a bit the Hawaii logo, but I was thinking to simply reduce "Double" in size to not let it to cover "Hawaii" as it is a lees important note, but still should be written for consistence, but I think you can even make it very little... Just my idea.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Or like a sticker, although that may be cheesy.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarke wrote:
So I was very impressed with Hoodlum's idea of somehow using the Dual/Duel label. I am only sorry I had not thought of it.

Anyway, I highly doubt any of these will pass the community standard scrutiny, but I had to see them for myself, so I figured I would share... Take a look:

PLEASE NOTE: I do NOT intend on having the word Duael 3 times. Just showing you 3 different versions of the concept.

Spoiler (click to show)
Clarke wrote:
If we don't like the ae combo in duael, do we at the very least prefer either the word Dual or the word Duel instead of the word Double?

Which ever word we select, I have an interesting idea for incorporating it into the map... But I would like to come to an agreement on the final word to partner with "HAWAII"
Hoodlum wrote:
I like the play on letters DUÆL it's quite clever to me, but I like how it works with the a over the e that you have done, just because both meanings dual & duel are quite appropriate for this map. Definitely in capitals
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
I prefer just Double.
Clarke wrote:
Okay what do we think of this... It uses the same font as the rest of the map, but it uses the colors from the badge/logo. So it ties everything together but is still understated and clean. We good?

Spoiler (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes but you should add a light effect around the right edge of the oval as it is for the letters of "Hawaii", otherwise it looks too flat.

By the way it's a nice title, one of the best seen here.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein