• 344 posts
  • Page 18 of 23
Clarke wrote:
okay, i will play with it and see what I like best. expect update in 24 hours.

Fendi wrote:
They all look good but they could be a bit less black (mostly B&C) as Psymon mentioned, perhaps if you made them like version A but with a hint of blue? Or just like version A is fine too.
Clarke wrote:
Here is the latest update. I hope everyone doesn't mind, but I updated 3 things.

First - The connecting lines have been redrawn using a slate blue dotted line, size 1 but then doubled layered with one layer getting a slight blur.

Second - I added a minimap. I took the original map, pasted it into another image, removed all but the islands, reduced to 33% then pasted back onto the original map. Then I redrew the outlines around each island with a 1 point grey line using the paintbrush with a 50% hardness.

Third - I reduced the "title badge" to 75% of it's original size. Then I lowered it to a layer below some texture so that it did not resemble a sticker on the map.

Here is the result of these 3 updates. Please feel free to comment on any of these 3 things:

Spoiler (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
for me the, the logo is really cool. i would up the opacity. the 1's and the 2 bonus hanging off the island are distracting when looking at it, dunno what the fix would be, perhaps making the mini map bigger where those small islands could fit?

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
Please let me be inconsistent with my own comments, and tell that the logo is too small in my opinion at 75%.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
Personally I've never been a big fan of that logo, but feel free to ignore me there.

Apart from that, everything looks good.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
To be honest, it is a good logo, but it didn't suit the old style map. It fits better here, but seems a bit too contrasting to the nice light colours.

I don't know what to suggest, perhaps Clarke can come up with a creative alternative colour scheme for the logo.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
I think the connection lines maybe need to be a tad darker. The one from the big island to the little white island in the right bottom corner fades much more into the background because it's darker there.

I'm with Matty. I've never much cared for the logo. And I definitely don't think it matches at all with the map you have built. It is far too dark.

I also agree with Psymon and Hood, the title and the mini-map should both be a bit bigger.
Clarkette wrote:
I also think the mini map should be bigger. I loved the logo at first but I agree I don't care for it very much now. I think it is dull looking. Needs to be brighter with the new colors of the map. Can it be brighter? Or is the brown too dark now?
Clarke wrote:
Hey everyone. I have been busy at work and got some stuff going on at home with the kids. I haven't lost interest in the map, just a little sidelined by life.

Have patience, I will be back with a new update as soon as I can.
Clarke wrote:
Here is an update. The following has been done:

1) I made the mini map bigger. It is now 40% of the full size islands instead of 33%. Then I made the font size slightly smaller. That is what I had to do to force the numbers to fit inside the borders of the minimap islands.

2) I redrew the logo at a large size. Played with some color schemes, then shrunk it down and pasted it on there. I think it now has that cool design everyone liked without the giant brown sticker most didnt like.

3) I put a dashed border. But I could easily make it a solid line, I just wanted to see what it looked like.

What do you think of these changes?

Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
The new border is TERRIBLE, simple because at the right side it is not at the side, but one or two pixels off. Looks really weird.
Even if it wasn't I'd still prefer the solid border I think.

Looking really good otherwise. I think the logo would be better if it was green to brown instead of green to purple, but that's just because I have a private hate for that colour :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I agree 100% with Matty, except I do like purple, just not here! :)
I also feel that the title graphic needs a slight distinction from the background, maybe a thin outline or a small drop shadow... which may look awful! I don't really know, but I feel that the green of the title looks strange next to the ocean without any border or distinction present.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
We had a rule of thumb in Sign Making which applies to all fields:

Blue & Green should n'er be seen
Unless there's something in between.

I think the map should have a solid surround.
I also agree with the title graphic needing separation.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.