• 344 posts
  • Page 21 of 23
Vexer wrote:
Good solution for the title, though it doesn't look quite right yet. maybe add some texture and try a different font or all caps or both.

We are going to go with "double" for user friendliness and consistency since we already have a double map where twin territories can attack each other.

World double should probably be called something else like world dual since twins won't be connected.
Matty wrote:
The idea for the word "Double" isn't bad, bit it really looks flat and thin compared to the word "Hawaii".

Try making it a bit bolder, get rid of the red/brown line around the background 'rounded-square' and give it a drop shadow.
I think something like that'll make it look a lot better.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
urgul wrote:
Clarke- great work! Hawaii double looks very good! Great improvement from the first map.

The word "double" should certainly be bolder. It would make a world of difference when reading it.
aeronautic wrote:
I discussed with Vexer the use of the wording for Double maps and we have decided that Double should be used for duplicated maps and Dual should be used for duplicated maps that can attack their twins.
I have changed Hawaii Double to Hawaii Dual in the Map Progress thread and Vexer will be changing Caribbean Double to Caribbean Dual. World Double will stay as World Double.

I have made the graphic for the Dual part of the title and will be uploading the latest Hawaii Dual map tonight.

I will also need to create some Cap positions, which were started a couple of months ago, but not finalised. If anybody would like to have a go at these, please feel free, you can use the last displayed full map and please remember that twins can attack each other, which changes many factors. It basically doesn't matter where the Cap goes as long as they are evenly spaced and as far apart as they can or should be.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
I changed the thread name for consistency ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
Vexer & I have done some colour adjustments, tone changes, position adjustments, graphic additions & general tweaking.
Hawaii Dual (click to show)

The Capitals were particularly difficult on this Dual map, please have a look at these suggestions, but be sure to look at twin territory connection steps before suggesting changes.
All Cap's have 3 exits due to the twin connections.
No Cap' is on a border due to the twin connections.
Equal steps for all Cap's are impossible due to the twin connections.

Hawaii Caps 2-5 (click to show)
Hawaii Caps 6-9 (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Clarke wrote:
Thanks to Vexer and Aeronautic for putting the finishing touches on this map. I will be submitting some suggestions for capital locations tomorrow and we can all discuss.
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow. It's cool because the cap's that look more distant really are closer. 6 players looks funny but really is good, I like it.

In 5 players I can see one case only of cap's distanced 3 steps i.e. Hanalei (purple) and Paniau-2 (white).
Maybe the latter can be changed with Manele (orange) that is 5 steps from the "opposite Hawaii" cap's and 6/7 step from the "same Hawaii" cap's. (?)

Edit: missed Clarke's message sorry

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
naathim wrote:
This looks really wonderful guys!

The glow around the purple island looks brighter than the others to me. I'm sure it's just because it's a darker color though.
Axobongo wrote:
i lament the loss of the contrasting dark colors of the texture expression of the regions,, i preferred the 2 tones of the regions being stronger in contrast.. show me the volcanic mountains of the red region at least.

Anyways, GL with the tourney concept, i will sit this one out,,

,,but,, i am glad someone took up an idea i suggested weeks ago on the 'battle of elements' map discussion, about we can improve beta testing analysis through having beta testers do mini tourneys using different developing map options.

Matty wrote:
Looks amazing! Wonderfull job Clarke, really cool!

The only remark I have is that "twin territories can attack each other" does not really stand out on the map. It's easy to miss I think.
Not really sure what to do about it though.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I will redo it.
I didn't want to change too much of what Clarke did, only enhance here and there with Vexer's assistance, but if it needs doing, it should be done.
Clarke wrote:
It is currently Papyrus font size 9. Go ahead and make it 10 if you like. I just didnt want it to be too large and then become distracting. Expect an update regarding my capital suggestions in about 8 hours. THANKS!!!!