• 344 posts
  • Page 14 of 23
aeronautic wrote:
Be careful with pure white, capital rings disappear.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
You will also have to be careful not to make the grey island look neutral, although I can't see there being a problem with it, because it will have labels and circles.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Clarke wrote:
So when I put the colored troop circles on it I think my colors blend to much with the troop circles. Will try again tomorrow to get some greater difference between my islands and the troop circles.

TROOP CIRCLES
Spoiler (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
I think it's not that bad. Maybe the worst are the white and the purple islands, and also red a bit. But the rest I'd say it's fine.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Axobongo wrote:
its going well, ( i personally would still prefer a lighter cerulean blue in the middle area, but maybe thats just me)
What confuses me now is,, are we really going with 9 territories instead of 7 on the big islands?
i confess, i haven't scanned the thread to see how that change came about.
i'm not saying im opposed to it, but it feels a bit off balance,, maybe in the end it will be an interesting quirk to the map. 

Clarke wrote:
The troop circles on the islands were ONLY for the purposes of checking colors. The placement of the troop circles right now have NOTHING to do with where or how many territories there will be. But a good observation, I should have noted this for everyone earlier. THANKS!
aeronautic wrote:
Clarke requested some graphic assistance for this stage.

Here is a version where I have tried to address the glaring colours, strong texture and clean edges of the land.
I made 2 versions, one with a dark transition the same as that previously posted and this one shown with a light transition, which I believe is more fitting of tropical waters, as soon as I made this one, the dark one was no longer considered by me, because this just lit up the map and said Hawaii.

All feedback will be much appreciated.
Hawaii land update (click to show)

Please look at the monitor at the correct angle or it looks bright.
Clarke wrote:
I was very very pleased when I saw this! Hope everyone else likes it as well.
Matty wrote:
Maybe a bit glowy? Looking good otherwise I think.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
I agree, it looks good but it's a bit glowy. If you look at it straightly it's not, but my brightness is quite low and it's still glowy for many angles!
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
That will be the background, which is now slightly brighter due to trying to match up layer opacities from PDN to Photoshop. Not so noticeable within the programs, but noticeable here. I will darken this slightly, it should then solve the "glowy" issue.
Clarke wrote:
Let me take a crack at the glow. I will have something up here in about 24 hours.

And I assume by "glow" that means the white glow that surrounds each island... Yes?
Clarke wrote:
Please take a look at this and advise if there has been a satisfactory reduction in glow to make this acceptable.

THANKS!

Spoiler (click to show)