• 344 posts
  • Page 22 of 23
Clarke wrote:
My cap suggestions post is being typed and will be posted in a few minutes.
Clarke wrote:
2P Cap Suggestions - For the 2P I had 3 ideas for capital locations. They are RED, YELLOW, and BLUE on the map below. I will discuss the PROS and CONS of each of the colors.

RED - Pros: Both caps are on small regions and people like being able to immediately take a region and get a bonus. The capitals are very far apart, providing maximum space.
RED - Cons: The cap on Lanai would have a slight advantage being closer to possible additional bonus from the little region of Kahoolawe.

YELLOW - Pros: Both caps are on a region which requires 3 territories to earn a bonus. Both are on the border to a region of 4 territories. The caps are sufficiently apart.
YELLOW - Cons: The cap on Molokai is not able to conquer both of the other territories in its region from its current location. But moving it one space to the middle of the island brings the capitals closer together and takes the capital off of the border with the pink island and gives it easier access to the the orange island. So I would not want to move it.

BLUE - Pros: Both capitals are on an island of 4 territories to earn a bonus. Both are on a "non-bordering" territory. The caps are sufficiently apart.
BLUE - Cons: Pink has easier access to the orange and grey regions which might give an advantage. People tend to not like caps that are not on a border as much, but this is the most fair position.

Spoiler (click to show)

More suggestions coming in a few moments for 3P through 9P.
Clarke wrote:
3P Caps

PROS - The capitals are all on borders with other regions. The caps are decently spaced. The orange cap is equal distances from the pink cap and yellow cap. However, there is one additional apace between the pink and yellow caps.

CONS - The orange cap has a advantage being on the little island. But it has a disadvantage by being closer to each of the other caps.

Spoiler (click to show)
Clarke wrote:
4P Caps

I could not come up with anything that made me happy so 4P is up for discussion.
aeronautic wrote:
2p Red seems good you found a place for 9 steps.
3p you got it more even, 5,5,6 and mine was 5,6,7.

I don't think regions have much importance for Cap's on this map, as they are attackable in 3 dimensions, so even a 2 territory 1 bonus region has 4 attack points.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Clarke wrote:
5P Caps

PROS - Caps are equally spaced with 3 spaces between all caps. No cap is on a tiny island. All caps are on borders of other regions.

CONS - Some caps are closer to the small islands and therefore have an inside track to those bonuses. But there is really nothing you can do about that.

Spoiler (click to show)
Clarke wrote:
6P Caps

PROS - Evenly spaced, all on borders.

CONS - Some have advantage of small islands, but when you get up to 6 through 9 players, that can't be helped.

Spoiler (click to show)
Clarke wrote:
7P Caps

PROS - Evenly spaced.

CONS - Some on borders, some not. Some on larger islands, some on small. Once again, cant be helped once you get to lots of players. But I felt evenly spaced was important.

Spoiler (click to show)
Clarke wrote:
8P & 9P. All of the 8's on this map is 8P and then I added one "9" for the 9th player.

PROS - Evenly spaced, all on borders except the 9th player. Can't be helped, has to go somewhere.

CONS - See 6P cons above.

Spoiler (click to show)
Clarke wrote:
I really love the 8P layout. That will make for some fun games!!!!!!
aeronautic wrote:
6p they are not evenly spaced they range between 4 steps and 6 steps, but good.
7p also not evenly spaced, all 3 steps bar one at 4, but good.
8p & 9p seem good.
However, all positions seem better and best achievable, good job.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Clarke wrote:
Thanks so much, I don't see the one 4 spacer on 7P. I am curious which one it is because I can't see it. Not arguing, just curious.
aeronautic wrote:
Waimea - Kona, but I guess you never meant ALL even as others are many more steps. I guess you just meant even in a linear connection?
Some are up to 9 steps from each other.
Clarke wrote:
But Kona is only 3 from Haiku and Puna. I just meant that all caps have at least 2 other caps that are 3 away and none are less than 3. But I see what you mean. When I say evenly spaced, I just mean the closest neighbors. Too hard to worry about the caps furthest away being even. But I think we are on the same page.

THANKS AGAIN AERO FOR EVERYTHING!!! You are a good mate!
The_Bishop wrote:
All Clarke's suggestion seem to be good for my opinion, but I need to check them better one by one because connections are a bit hard to check n this map. The shape in the wide seems to be even more interesting than Caribbean Dual/Double.

For 2 players I think I like better the solution with larger regions, the blue version.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein