In the works
  • 190 posts
  • Page 1 of 13
4myGod wrote:
I started working on a map today which consists of Korea and Japan.

Total Territories: 86 - Korea (34), Japan (52)
Total Small Sets: 18
Total Large Sets: 5 (Undecided)

Graphics: Unfinished. I do however like the color of the water, it's bright and happy, I would like to try to fit the color of the land around that water. I plan to separate the colors by Large Sets and just use different shades of the same color for smaller sets. I plan to put the name and "all ports can attack each other" in the top middle ocean blank spot. In the bottom right I can put the Set bonuses. Graphics are very basic right now.

Gameplay: Most of the small islands will be connected by lines to 1 other territory in their country. I will add be perhaps 5-10 major ports on Korea and Japan. A major port can attack any other major port. I will most likely add major ports where big cities are in reality.

========================================================== Edit
I started making a tropical type thing, however unsatisfied I started working on a more dark theme. I only finished Japan in the new theme, but I wanted to see which one people like more. My gf told me the dark one is scary, so she doesn't want it. Perhaps though that might actually make it more fun.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think

New Korea - Japan
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1305/japkornewcopy.th.jpg[/img]

========================================================== Old Version

[img]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8099/koreajapcopy.th.jpg[/img]

Any opinions or advice please do share.
skanska wrote:
sounds great. any idea on how bonuses are going to work? and regions?
4myGod wrote:
the light colored lines split up the territories, the darker colored lines split up the territory sets.
chris wrote:
Is Hokkaido its own set?

Looks cool, by the way.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
4myGod wrote:
I added some of the new graphics I was working on. Please tell me what you all think.
sfhbballnut wrote:
I really like the dark themed graphics, feels like it fits better. If the map is going to include korea and japan, I think that there could be less individual territories per territory set, especially in japan, but a little in korea as well
-My name is Gladiator.
chris wrote:
Me, too. Colors seem to get a little limiting, though.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
4myGod wrote:
I was thinking more territories more fun, we have a lot of small maps. This one only has 76 or something, I wanted like a 100+ territories map. The Japanese territories are realistic provinces, however Korea I split them up a bit more to make more little territory sets.
blood420 wrote:
I like the idea of more territories, it would give you more to do per turn.
4myGod wrote:
lol blood420, is that a guy skipping in your avatar?

Yes, it would be nice to have 1 or 2.
sfhbballnut wrote:
ok alright, I can see that. 
on another note, with the small island territories at the bottom of the map, you may want to try placing the players circle off to the side, see if you like how that looks better

and i'm not sure how to reference what's what yet, but there's a few spots where things get crowded and become a little difficult to tell what can attack what

again lovin the darker themed graphics on the red background, good luck
-My name is Gladiator.
4myGod wrote:
Hey guys, recently I got back to work on this map with a new idea. Tell me what you think. I haven't added territory names or the box that shows how much each region is worth if you hold it. I also didn't show the lines between connecting water ways. For now tell me what you think of the graphics, and if you have any ideas for connecting water ways and mountains for no passing.
cody224 wrote:
Maybe hamgyong could connect to hokaido. Also gyeonggi and Koshinetsu. The lone green island off of korea's coast could connect to only jeolla. And lol, i never relized that kanto was a real region(when i used to play pokemon in 4th grade).