In the works
  • 190 posts
  • Page 10 of 13
Fendi wrote:
I vote for the second one. And nice job on brightening up the dark areas.
Thorpe wrote:
I vote that this map is done...
Borders done?
Textures done?
Shading done?

I do not mind fixing anything ...so just say something.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
If the brightness is ok, I would say yes.

The only thing is that maybe that one region should be worth 2 instead of 3, but if others think its ok this way im fine with it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Ok, I have completed the final polishing of the map. I Made several small changes, I won't list them all..

- Fixed texture layer - if you zoomed in you could see inconsistencies and errant pixels
- New ports - I think they fit the theme better. What do you think? Better or worse?
- New text for the region bonuses
- Yellow Sea label more readable
- Outline fixed near Mie/Gifu and Nagano/Tokyo Bay
- highlight around territory boundaries in the brown region (s. korea) to make them more visible.

I'll write a post later about the Hamyong Bonus.

http://dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Korea%20and%20Japan%20Risk%20Map2.jpg

Any other modifications needed?
Thorpe wrote:
Not sure I like the highlight...I thought I fixed it by lighting up that area.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
You made it better by lightening up that area but I thought I'd try something to make them even easier to see. I can tone it down a little bit but I think that it helps with usability.

And about the Hamyong Bonus. How bout we keep it at 3 during the beta phase and see how it goes. It's pretty trivial to modify it later if needed.
Thorpe wrote:
agree

Now we need to get the caps done. I had them done but the territories and ports changed a lot...any-one?
Cireon wrote:
I like the newest version a lot! Don't ask me for caps though :P
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Fendi wrote:
Nicely done Vexer with the touch ups. I like the new ports a lot!
Leedog wrote:
Map looks great Thorpe and everyone here owes you a great big Thanks for continuously providing the website a variety of stylish maps!!

Keep this up and you might be challenging Vexer for D-12's best map maker soon!! =)
Thorpe wrote:
But Vexer did the polish...give him some cookies! Plus 4myGod did the base and the look of the map.

I just "Painted".
Matty wrote:
Hi

I have a small problem with the bottom left most region, cause the texture seems to be very clear, almost as if there is no texture.

Thanks alot for the yellow sea label, I must have been saying that for almost half a year now :P:P:P:P:P

The new anchors fit the theme better, very good, though I liked Thorpe's old shadow around them better.
Not the colour, the yellow fits better than the gray, but this one looks so sharp.
It looks less sharp around the minimap text. But maybe thats just me.

You removed alot of the dark shade at the edges of the map. I guess some of that had to be done, but you removed alot.

I see some sort of glow around the territory lines in the mid left region, but I dont see so much of it around the others. Looks kinda weird.

Thanks for the work, especially Thorpe!
I also like it that I can play it and test the 3 vs 2 problem :)

Looks really awesome already!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Matty I said I did not like the glow on the mid left region but Vexer says he likes it to be there! I still want it gone.
Vexer wrote:
- Modified the territory boundaries for S. Korea per Thorpe and Matty. Hope it doesn't stand out so much now.

- Fixed the texture for Kyushu per Matty.

- Added back in some dark shading per Matty.

Modified the colors slightly.

http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/41.large.jpg
* you may need to refresh to see the changes *