In the works
  • 190 posts
  • Page 3 of 13
-NoXoN- wrote:
Very nice of you Thorpe to continue this map but you have change it too much and i think is not better.
 I dont like color in china, connection from Tohoku to chungcheong is not acceptable, you can do better background.
Vexer wrote:
I am also not a fan of the obvious stripes which is why i lowered the opacity of that layer before sending it to you. 

What happened to 4myGod's beautiful outline? Now it's all jagged. You should use gimp for the outline and not paint.net. Instead of using the pencil outline you use to separate the colors to create the smoothed outline you should use a paintbrush in gimp on a new layer to draw over the pencil outline. You should keep as much of 4myGods outline as possible and try to copy the look and feel. If you are going to take on finishing a 4myGod map you need to take your skills to the next level. Gimp has a lot of brush options whereas paint.net has none. It's easy enough to move a gimp layer over to paint.net, just export it as a png and then open it in paint.net. Use png and not jpg to export because png format does not use a compression that reduces the quality of the image like jpeg does.

Noxon is right about that connection. it makes no sense since this is not a world map. 

I can't look at game play right now - no time. Someone else will have to step up and comment.
Thorpe wrote:
The outline was not done in pencil I just cut and paste and moved the lines over so what happened to the lines I do not know?
I will look into it though.
will redo it all to see what I did.hehehe

And yes I know about png ..but thank-you for reminding me.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
but you used the pencil for the new territory boundaries right?
Thorpe wrote:
No, I copied and pasted as above note and on a different layer...then merged...will look at what happened later.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
Outline is very inconsistent in size and is a bit pixelated...background lines stand out way too much...hate looks of connection lines and if the territory near Tohoku wanted to attack the territory near Chungcheong it would have to go through America and Asia first...I line the boats and the different language writing...but I think the text needs to be smaller...and what is the text for are those the names of the regions? Make that more obvious if so...don't color of dead zone...lower opacity on territory texture...Mini map doesn't make sense korea doesn't attach to nothing...Like title

once you get the connections right I will comment on region bonuses...
Vexer wrote:
i figured out what happened to 4myGod's smooth lines. they were never smooth. The grunge layer he had on top hid the fact. You'll have to do something to smooth them.
Pntbttr wrote:
I would love to see an update on this map...

I think the map is too dark...try a new color scheme...I don't like the land texture, if you keep it try lowering the opacity of the layer...

Region Bonuses (if you get rid of that bad connection and do not create any more connections):
Red (top right) = 2
Palish green (center right) = 3
Blueish-Green (bottom center) = 3
Green (bottom center) = 2
Green (top left) = 2
Yellow (top left) = 2
Red (center left) = 4
Purple (bottom left) = 2
Brown (bottom left) = 1
Light Blue (bottom left) = 3
Thorpe wrote:
Thank-you pntbttr for the region bonuses! 
What a guy and one smart cookie!
Will start working on it again soon!
Holt wrote:
Ok, to start off I don't like how the connection circles overlap onto the territories but if we use the circles then it may get confusing if you cant get them to touch the territory. I would propose scrapping the circles for lines or dotted lines.

I do not like the connection from UhungCheong to Tohoku. That connection makes no sense to me. You would have to fly completely around the world for that connection to make sense. I can see it being alright in a map of a different world but not in this one. If we want a connection between those two regions maybe we should make it from the blue region next to UhungCheong to the region where Tohoku is at. That way instead of going around the globe your just crossing across the ocean.

Im actually not even sure if those names on the maps are Territory names to be honest. But if so then they are obviously incomplete.

The lines on this map seem like they all need to be redone. There are alot of connections that seem too thick and some spots that seem pretty thing. I don't know if thats supposed to enhance the feel of the map but it doesn't seem to look very good to me. I know this map hasn't been worked on lately but I figure I would just throw a couple things out there.
Thorpe wrote:
and yes same comment Vexer had too
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9382/japenandkoreapapa.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Sorry about the lines you wanted Vexer ...but I just can not get them looking right.

I made the map bigger so there could be more territories.

So...
Matty wrote:
Well, this is a very difficult map. Make it both playable (not too dark etc) and that specific style.
But you did a good job here.

I dont like china, blue and yellow is not a good combination :)

Also on your bright region the texture/specks are way better visible than on the darker regions. Especially on the yellow regions it looks quite bad.
However, the darker regions look awesome with it (best one is top right I think).

The gameplay is horrible, especially with caps. Because all possible paths go over yeosu.
Maybe add the connection between the two islands again (Ullueng-do and Niigata island)

You should mind your chinese characters, some of them are squeres.
Also all the boats are exactly the same, there is some room for playing around there, though I dont think you should do that right now :P

Ow, and could you remove the border from this map (or change it completely) ;)

P.S. I like it how in your minimap there is a minimap :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria