In the works
  • 190 posts
  • Page 4 of 13
Pntbttr wrote:
...It is way too dark...the texture is too rough...rivers are way too wide...if those are bridges they're really bad and they don't blend with the map at all...if they're connection lines I think you should stick with a dashed line...the font you used for the oceans just doesn't work with this map...those ships don't work on the map anymore...you should lower the mini map and title and add a connection Onsong to Wakkanai...
Thorpe wrote:
The Japan Characters is from 4myGod so that is how they write them with a square. The boats are from japan also...it is what the used to control the sea in the time era...will look for different ones though...just hard to find ships from that time era.

As for fonts I need to learn how to download fonts to paint.net and the text font was a layer that was there. I had to clip and paste the Korea and mini map ones...not fun!

As for the border was another layer that was there also...I did not like it but I am trying to us as much of 4myGod's layers...if not then it would be just my map.

Matty the texture was the same but looked different on the land, so I left them looking different to see which one would work better for your "EYE"...thx...and the top yellow by China is really white! hehehe.

China is ok if the yellow was not there? Or what color should China be?

The "OLD MAN" did it again forgot two connection lines! 

As for the game-play...could us the ships as "Ports" and then move them around a bit? Maybe use them as an extra territory!

Matty do you like the connection lines? If I go with the ship idea the ones inland would stay.

By the , there is two people that I feel overrule all other comments on maps..Vexer(with-out saying) and Matty...(cause of his "EYE". So you have moved up on my list of people I do not like!

lol
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
Personally I like china and the text and I like the boats a lot.

The squares where there should be chinese characters is a mistake. look at 4myGod's version, they are not squares. what happened?

This map is already a bit difficult to see everything, i vote against using the ships as territories or ports.

i have much more to say, but will have to save it for later.
Thorpe wrote:
Also on the border around the map I was thinking a Japanese looking border...maybe using the characters around it..but will it be to much? Something like what is by P'yongan, but smaller.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
I didn't say I didn't like the boats...they're great...but they don't blend in anymore and the texture doesn't look right with the different colored parts that you added...try lowering the opacity of the texture that you added in this update, I think it will fix a lot of problems...
Thorpe wrote:
Send that layer to me Vexer cause I down loaded it again and came up with the squares again..so not my end it is your end..sorry.

Can't wait for more you have to say! hehehe

And the ships are bolder on this map...so maybe lowering the opacity will be the right move but will wait for Vexers comments first...and read what I said about the textures and I do like the dark territories texture though...

Now I wait for other comments...Fendi?
Thorpe wrote:
Folks Vexer can not really comment on this map cause I have two maps that need capitals...so they can move into the beta mode...please help me out.

The Realm of Honored Players map (Test Mode)...Needs Caps

Westeros (Test Mode)...also needs Caps
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5963/koreajapanpapa1a.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

First thing it is lighter
Territory textures should match the top red texture.

I curled the corners of the map for fun and see if you like it.

Changed the font for the ocean text as the same as the title.

I tried something to give the map an older. how maps get if the sun burned it... look with the darker outside edges on the territories and with the curl.

Still do not have the layer with the Japanese Characters..can not fix them if I do not write in Japanese!

Connections lines added.

Took some ships out...clean it up some..but can put them back.

Still not sure about the border around the map.

Changed the background with a another texture added to it.
Matty wrote:
Well, overal brightness is alot better. You lost a little bit of the style, but only a very little bit.

I really like you're china now, also I like your curled corners. However, they look really ugly because the corner is pure white. That really is too bright for this map. Maybe you can change the white into transparant.

Oh, forgot to post it, but I dont really like your connection lines. They are more like bridges than lines - really bad bridges :P

I like the sun in the bottom right corner, but its too visible right now - it was hidden better in the previous version

Your top right region looks to much like the background
Same for the white regions and the sun-rays.

Maybe having a yellow, white and, well, another "yellow" region right next to eachother looks nice (it does!), but its also difficult to make sure ppl can easily see they are different regions :)
They can now, but a little bit more contrast/difference would be nice

I like the effect that on the edges its darker than in the center. Wouldnt have noticed it though if you didnt say it.
It would be nice if you applied the same effect on the background edges as well - its done a little bit on the left side, if you see what i mean, but not elsewhere

Not sure about the border either. Its less visible, so better. But maybe it would be better if its not visible at all :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
First off the top right region texture was never touched so now that awesome texture you like does not work?

The curled corners are transparent...not white...I not sure if they will show up white on are site but on ImageShack they show up as white cause they use white as there background color.

On the connection lines I know a bridge can not work cause nobody could build one that long at that time. Hope to have an idea that just did not look like a dash line but I did not like them that much either...Ideas?

The sun rays ...easy fix..but wanted to show it just in case and the texture does not need to be different then the background cause it got faded after the time the map was made "Hehe) and will be barely seen.

I was going to "Sun-burn more of the map on the background but was going to wait to see what players thought of it first.

Breaking new ground here...

As for the text for the territories I am trying to get a font with that style or close and have not found any. And How do I get a font that can write Japanese?

Vexer had said the background was too ruff when he gave me the file...but needed to soften it up a bit...hope I can get my other maps done...to beta...so he can make a comment on this one.
Matty wrote:
The texture is not the problem, the colour is.
You changed the background so that it looks more like the region :)

And whats wrong with dashed lines?
I usually like them alot better than straight lines. Havent seen dotted ones, but I think its best to keep it that way :P

Maybe this works for fonts: http://www.clearchinese.com/resources/fonts.htm
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Matty again this is Japanese! But thx for the URL for Chinese.

Thx Leedog
Pntbttr wrote:
WOW! Great improvement!

mini map is better but there's something going on in the top left corner...the credits are too hard to see, the region names are a little bit cluttered and it looks like there are two outlines around the land and one of them was moved slightly...also I think you should add a black outline around the region names so they are easier to read...

The text is looking better especially the stuff in other languages...

I like the sun rays but I think you could lower the opacity on the layer and make the rays go all the way off the page...

I like how you added the curled edges and border around the map but I think your going overboard...try only doing one or two corners...and also the edges of the curls are pixelated way too much...and the border around the map doesn't stop at the curl in the bottom left corner

Rivers are too thick and bridges stink...maybe you should just try too make a connection line that blends with the style of the map, those stick out too much...

I think you need to play with the land texture...and maybe add something to the ocean texture...

too dark in the top right and I don't think the map should curl over the island...

the ships look better in this update

I love the map Thorpe! Good luck with those bridges/connection lines...|: