Tells us about yourself and how you found the site.
  • 74 posts
  • Page 5 of 5
4960epic wrote:
Hi guys, I'm 15 years old, and am from Indiana in the USA. I live and work on the good old family farm. I had never heard of risk until I joined dominating 12. One day, last March, I was in class and a few of my friends convinced me to join. I liked it after I joined, and began to play regularly.

The site is great, only risk site I've ever played, thanks guys.:)
panzer21 wrote:
hello,i found this site thru google.i have always liked the game and have played since i was young.i am from alabama.hope to make some friends here and wish everyone a good game.i have been on this site about 2 weeks.
aeronautic wrote:
Hi panzer21, welcome to D12! I hope you enjoy playing Risk here and make good friends, it doesn't take long to find the nice people. I also like the name you chose, in WWII the Germans had the best tanks!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Raedgh wrote:
Hello everyone.. I really like this topic, it was so nice to know more about some of the players who I've been playing with since 2 years. So here's a brief about me.

Name: Raed Ghoussainy
Nationality: Lebanese

I play risk since I was a child, we used to have the real board game (world map) at home.
 As I grew up I started looking for an online risk platform. So I found a few, but to be honest, this was the best site for me in all terms. I always thought I was a pro player.. but after have played a few games here, I found out that there are loads of really GOOD players, and I am learning more everyday.

I'm buying the premium membership package soon.

GL & HF

Raed
Im old school , I still believe in respect
DraconaOrden wrote:
Greetings!My name is Damian ,I am the son of momagajic.The first time I played Risk when I was a kid and here on the website when I changed my father.Im 29 years old and I end soon study of art and literature.I think I'm better than my father in this game!Enought i watching a game and so I gained experience,I enjoy the capped card option and adjacent fortification -deathmetch games,Its a real challenge to play.
GM_SFH wrote:
Hi im chris, im from brighton UK, and i was born in 77. i found the site through Hoodlum, who ive been been playing risk with for about nine years now. As a member of the grandmasters of risk 2 i played 2v2, caps, mission, 3s, set, everything at another site, but that site became outdated as it used a game with flaws that were never fixed. Previous to that i played risk (board game) for about 20 years with family. After looking around went premium for the unlimited long term games, as d12 has everything the game needs for the future. I like this is a rapidly expanding site, i like the great choice of maps, i like that when players disconnect or i do can rejoin a game (unlike pc risk2) The look and feel of the site and the players has kept me here, and i like that all games are ranked so theres something to play for always. Happy risking, im here to stay :)
aeronautic wrote:
I just realised that I have been saying welcome to players that have introduced themselves and I have never done so.

My name is Nigel.
I am from Swansea, Wales, UK.
I am 49 years old.
I am a volunteer map maker here at D12.
My handle comes from my trade, I was for many years an aeronautical engineer.

I tried a few Risk sites before finding D12, but they did not compare.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Pop94 wrote:
I am Vladimir. I am a Serb from Bosnia & Herzegovina(one republic of ex-Yugoslavia). I study electrical engineering. I am big fan of Chelsea FC.
Also I believe in communism, my idols are Fidel & Che.
farspaceplace wrote:
then check out Joan Baez w the song "commandante" on youtube. Personally I may not be the biggest fan of coomunism, but thats one great song
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Kia ora everyone ^^

I'm Taara from the beautiful NZ, I work as an administrator for a tertiary education provider. The last time I remember risk, before joining this site, was when I was a child and I used to longingly watch my parents play at dinner parties...Then about a year ago I met an incredibly mysterious yet alluring man called Stewart <3 (you may know him as Sygmassacre.) The mystery turned out to just be silence created by his obsession with risk whilst staring intensely at his phone lol! Joking... Being the insanely competitive person I am, I loved the thought of winning by conquering the world and here I am. So far it has been a hoot. I'm still learning a lot each game but the players and staff are very patient and helpful so thank you guys for being super awesome ;)

I love games of all sorts; my favorites being pool and poker, however this D12 is quickly climbing the ranks.

Play hard, have fun and take no prisoners!
T

You have a keen military mind Pod...
SpamFree wrote:
Howdy, I'm SpamFree and I am from <Insert Location of your imagining> and I may or may not be nearly an hermit of exceedingly advanced years.
I found this site after an acquaintance, who had a Premium membership at another, vaguely-similar, yet vastly-inferior site, convinced me to join that site and give him cash to buy Premium for 1 year (I dislike online payments of any kind or installing any software:ninja: ). While I had enjoyed the board game years earlier (though it is no longer played by anyone I know IRL as it was the source of much arguing), the other site was a convoluted mess of cumbersome, often map-specific rule variations and self-important d-bags. However, I thought the idea of Risk-like games online with a variety of maps was worth exploring. So I began to search and found my way here. I joined July 4, 2012 (I think:blush:)

I sucked when I first started playing (and remain pretty consistent in that regard) and quickly met some interesting folks with colorful linguistic musings:thumbs:
I made a few friends (several of whom have since been banned or left:() and really enjoyed the thoughtful, silly, and even the colorful banter, so I stuck around:D
I have since met other wonderful friends, whom I contact here, even instead of playing;)

Though I currently don't play as much as I used to (prior to Migration of January 2016), when I play, I mostly play Live, Fog of War, Capitals games with Advanced Increasing cards and either Unlimited or Chained fortifications. (Though I prefer 6+ players, I regularly play 4 players on Caribbean, as it is easy to fill.)

To any noobs out there reading this, Welcome aboard:pirate: and Have fun:D

The staff of volunteers does a bang-up job here and the community, that flourishes in the playground they have painstakingly provided and meticulously maintained, is second to none :thumbs:
(Although they don't let me play with sharp objects, I will happily help where I can:pirate:)

Though I sometimes am portrayed as an often-disgruntled miscreant, I do agree with many who have said that this site is the BEST of its kind on the Interwebz and, even when I am complaining, I do so in the hope that this site will continue to Dominate the online Risk-like gaming world:thumbs:

And, yes I do enjoy the occasional link every now and then. Relax, this is the Internet after all:{

(Edit by aeronautic: I fixed a text size code error, nothing else.)

Wahine wrote:
Hello, I'm Jaime from NZ. Wahine means woman in Maori. I've made the move back to Australia and my uncle has conned me into playing risk again haha. The site looks really good now. Animations are nice. The dice are still crazy!