Tells us about yourself and how you found the site.
  • 74 posts
  • Page 2 of 5
Ghost wrote:
Hi all.
My name is Ivan, I'm from Peru, I am 25 years old. Currently the university course. Also worked.
Well this game has been my passion since childhood, I have always sought risk games to download but could not find it, I never thought to look on-line risk, and I found several good sites, but this site is the one I like more. So why give congratulations to the creators.

Well I am very funny, so I hope to make many friends here. Greetings!

Indeed! I speak Spanish, so please bear me with the english.

Greetings!
Fendi wrote:
Thank you for sharing Ghost.

I want more people to introduce themselves since the site has grown so much. So..come on =)
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Hi, My name is Gonzalo and I am Spanish. I have been playing Risk since I was 18 (18 years ago) but when you are far away from your frinds it´s hard to play; so searching in Google I found this site. My friends always say that my strength is Diplomacy (which I think it means that I am not too good with strategy) but with English I have a big handicap ;-) 
Now I am going for a couple of months to England so I guess my Risk´s skills will improve a lot.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
cody224 wrote:

Hi, my name is Cody, and im from Eastern North Carolina, USA. I learned about the site on CC about 2 years ago, and have been playing on-off since then. When a lot of games on d-12 consisted of Thaithai, 4mygod, Seph, lionheart, rgenandt, Emmdizzle, Fendi, KOCanada, and myself. Those where the days.... LOL :D

I've been gone from D-12 for awhile, but plan to be a regular player again. Hopefully I can get my rank to what it is on CC, or come close cause this whole "low rank business" is getting old ;D

The_Bishop wrote:
I'm Samuele, 32 yo, from Turin, Italy. I play Risk on-line since January. First in a video games site with a lot of ads... Bleah! Someone there suggested me to try Dominating Twelve. It was April maybe. Well, I was in love at the first sight, really!

I like strategy games in the large. My favourites are Chess960, Risk, Texas Hold'em and... Flag: a 3-players board game invented by me. My dream is to be successful as a game producer. Wish me luck please, I need it.

Lol Muzuane... The importance of diplomacy! =)
Well, I would like to see also the introduction of the oldest members of the "family" please.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
taz69 wrote:
hi my name is charles im 42 and i live in scotland
i played risk as a board game in my teans for a few years
i started playing on my pc a few years ago and i found this site a few months ago and i think it is the best one by far
 well done to all i would like to give a special thanks to fendi and thorpe for teaching me how to play properly 
mellorine wrote:
I love how I never even looked at these forums till now but I guess I'll give this introduction thing a try. My name's Melissa and I'm a sophomore in college studying electrical engineering. I was introduced to risk early this year or towards the end of last year. My friend had the board game and the first time I played it I fell in love with the game. I started playing online this summer because no one ever wanted to play risk with me :( lol I found this site very interesting it is almost exactly like the board game, I love strategizing so this game is good practice. Hopefully my luck will start improving and I will actually be able to implement these strategies :)
1771 wrote:
Hello I am 1771... I started playing here long ago when the site was pretty new. The creator of the site 4myGod and I became real good friends, and I helped him out with the day to day problems. This site has been like a child of mine, I have watched it grow and grow to what it has become today. I would like to say I helped with that, but honestly this site is a collection of alot of people's blood, sweat, and tears. Which is one of the things that amazes me about D12. This site has helped me as much if not more than I have helped it. With the people I have met here, many many friends who I have talked with and shared problems, as they shared theirs. Love that! D12 is more than just Risk, it is a place where people meet new people, where friends are made and the war is played :)

I am 39, from St. Louis you know where the infamous Cardinals come from :). I have too many kids :), I grew up bad, and turned out pretty good. I have loved Risk since the first time I played it. My first Risk game was Castle Risk, flip the board and you had regular Risk..Who else knows about that? YES I AM OLD..lol

I have introduced many people to the site but, the only one who still plays here on a regular basis is my 8 yr. old son 1771jr. I do miss the old players, we had great games, but I welcome all new players, and all new members for the fight.

My favorite map is Oregon Cities Advanced, Vexers first map.

Want to add this real quick for any new people. I know myself, Vexer, and some others started out as paid premium members, I say this because it does cost money to run this site, and I encourage everyone to purchase a premium, also way more games :) No one is trying to get rich off D12..Hell every staff member is strictly volunteer. Man, that says alot :)

My hat goes off to all staff members, they are GREAT people and only here to help. YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

A little more about me, I am chatty, love to talk crap, somewhat of a smart mouth, can get a little lippy, sometimes vengeful, but I believe I play a damn good game. I am a Risk Killer!! I believe in fair play, believe me when I say that, I only team when necessary. I never do peace treaties..No need to ask. I may give a person a turn, but that's about the length of it. Play me = Play fair. Also I will try and talk you out of your game. I am here to win !!! Did I mention I am here to win!!!

I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope to see each and everyone of you on the battlefield.

P.S. Biggest pet peeve at D12... People who don't take advise from more advanced players..We must crawl before we walk... Please don't join a live game with me if you aren't going to finish it. Second pet peeve :)
Seph wrote:
Hello. I'm Joseph, i live in Wisconsin. I joined back in August, 2010. I found the game when me and my bro where looking st some board games at goodwill, though he never wanted to play it. So i wanted to try it out, i looked up something like risk online on google and found Dominating12. Ive been off and on for the past two years, though Ive been meaning to get on more and get better.
KittyCatManiac wrote:
Hi, I'm Chloe.
I don't get out of the house much, I live way out in the country, plus I'am home-schooled...
Yes I'm still in school... Middle school to be exact =)
But so you see, this site is more then just risk for me, it's socializing with people.
I'am a very friendly person, and I love to talk. With the life I have though, it is very hard to meet new people, and get to know them. That’s why I love this site. There are many people on this site who I enjoy playing risk with, and there are very many people on this site that I enjoy just chatting with.
I was six when I played my first game of risk.
Since I was that small, I didn’t really understand the rules that well, but my family always let me play.
 I would never last more then maybe ten rounds, (keep in mind this is the board game, with about five players,) but my family still let me play.
Now that I understand the game more, I wonder if the reason they let me play, was just so someone would end up getting my cards :)
But as all my siblings grew up… My family stopped playing risk…
Ukulele-crazy is my sister, but she’s barely on this site.
Balkoth is a regular risk player, and my older brother. (But he only plays long-term games.)
Once my family stopped playing, I just… Didn’t really think about risk… Until about six months ago when Cody, (Balkoth,) told me about this site. Ever since I have been addicted.
My sister says that I’m on here twenty-four-seven
Man this introduction is really getting long… and its running together… Hehe I’ll quit talking, but I do want to say that Fendi, rogerfederer, and fairimir, they have made this site especially fun for me, I love you guys! =)
I want to give a shout-out to everyone who helps make this site run.
I love D12 This is an amazing site!!!
Buying a premium member in January! =)
Jimi wrote:
Hi,

My name is Jamil Khoury, from Jordan Born in 1989 , I love reading very very much , specially about philosophy and religions, I play soccer very good, " maybe used to be :P " , I have an amazing family I have seven brothers and sisters, so we are socializing by our own " no need to go out :D

I played risk many times before as a board game, risk I and Risk II but capital game on this site made me stuck here until now.

I was looking for risk game online on google before one year, so there were so many sites, but I loved this site because it was simple and Cozy.

studied business administration and now working in a publishing house as Jr. account manager... my mother tongue is Arabic so if you have any questions about our language please just come and ask me " I dont think anyone could ask :P "

thank you all for making this amazing site so special...

all of you have his place in this site..

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Jimi is online.
n0ble0ne wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm from Switzerland, 18, male. I've found out about dominating12 from a friend of mine who got addicted to it (midnightkony). He made me an acount and we started playing it during free times at school. I have a couple of other friends here as well, mhamza, LizarD, thedudethatpwns.

Fun thing about risk, although i have never played the board game, is that it is so unpredictable, and managing everything becomes challenging which is fun for me...
mhamza95 wrote:
Hello every1
my name is Hamza, i m frm switzerland (friend of Noble) nad i m 17. I Play football and cricket.
I have never played any risk game b4, found out about it frm a friend (midnightkony)

The thing i like about this game is that i enguy when the dice is on my side and hate it when the other person gets lucky :P

and thanks for this amazing game